• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for a game in both Japanese and English

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-18

PM

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can help me.

For my translation class, I’m looking for a game that is available in both Japanese and English, preferably quite short (less than an hour to play through), that I can play in browser or download easily.

It doesn’t matter what kind of game or if the original language is Japanese or English. It can either be subtitled (Spoken Japanese with English subs or vice versa), or have the ability to switch the language it is in (in which case I would have to play it through twice).

I’ve had a look at Hanamushi and as far as I can tell so far there is next to no text apart from the how to play. I need to be able to write a short report on the translation of the game, so there needs to be at least a little dialogue/text.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

What about Crimson Room, the game that basically started the escape-the-room boom some years ago? It’s a short game though, so there might not be enough text…

JP -> http://www.geocities.jp/popand_rock/game2/game_crimson.html
EN -> http://www.momchill.com/crimson_room.swf

Edit: MOTAS can also be played in both English and Japanese. And a lot more languages.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-18

PM

Thank you for the suggestion, Tantei! I’ll check it out today.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top