• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Double Fine’s Hack ‘n’ Slash (puzzle game about hacking)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Hack ‘n’ Slash is a Double Fine game that looks like a Zelda-style action/adventure but is actually a sort of puzzle game about hacking the properties of objects in the game world.

More info:
News article on RPS
Hacking equipment video

The game left Early Access and is now a finished product on Steam. It’s also available on Humble Store.

As a cute touch, Double Fine tweaked the 33% discount on Steam so that the launch price would be $13.37 (get it?)

I enjoyed the prototype of this game made during Double Fine’s 2012 Amnesia Fortnight, but haven’t tried the full game yet. Has anyone here tried it?

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I really don’t understand the whole point of the game:

Is it a kind of platform game that is just fun to play and is coincidently set in a world in which you can “hack” your way into area’s in a similar way as often keys are used in similar games?

Or is this game really targeted at computer/programming experts only as everything has to do with the concept of hacking? (and by that I mean that if you are not, you have no idea what you’re supposed to be doing and why ;-))

I hope this game is not a prime example of letting a programmer do game design….

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

In fact, I don’t think it’s neither (though certainly closer to the first one). It’s something totally different, that kind of lets you do your own thing; you can just “play” it through, or you can start tweaking all sorts of stuff to have really strange ways to get through the situations, or just have fun with it.

As far as I know, instead of being targeted at programming experts, the idea is that it’s a great way for complete coding newbies to get a grasp of it too (while still being fun for all those who are familiar with it as well).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top