• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sunset Overdrive XB1 Gameplay overview

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1tmf0k_sunset-overdrive-first-look_videogames

Looks fun and loving the style

Jet Set rising Wink

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It looks really refreshing, especially for an action game. Insomnia struck a nice balance between photorealism and a stylised art design. I wish it wasn’t an exclusive or I wish it influenced other developers dwelling on the bleak and gloomy a little too much.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Microsoft getting the hype train rolling early.
Looks good, hopefully the return of good PS2 era Insomniac and not the bland Insomniac from most of the PS3 games.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Just looks like inFamous. Meh!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Insomniac used to be the Ying to Naughty Dog’s Yang back in the PS2 era. While Naughty Dog went on to become one of the premier developers last generation, Insomniac hit a slump in the last era. I am glad they are sticking to what they are good at in the new game, and hope it lives up to their golden days.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

For E3, I’m mostly interested in seeing what smalle/indie games turn up more then anything else. Not sure why, but I just haven’t been interested in many of the known big titles.

other then battlefront 3 Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Seems it’s MSft’s turn.

Floating around the internet is supposed leak of their press conference.

LEAKED - Microsoft E3 2014
On the DL. This info comes from the highest source and contains near full details of Microsoft E3 2014 conference. I have had corroborations from a number of sources to its legitimacy:

Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)

Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.

343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.

No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.

Halo 5 will get its release date.

Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.

Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game “EchoBlack” - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.

Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.

Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.

Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.

Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)

Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014

Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.

Quantum Break will be out November 2014 - There is a multiplayer mode - Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.

Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.

The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is “RugPuddle”. This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.

Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015

Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.

Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.

Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.

Crackdown: Skyline - Coming 2015 - No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.

Multi-platforms are as follows:

The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Fallout 4
EA game (not specified here)

Exclusive/Timed DLC on all.

That’s all.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Now that prices are at same level, M$ should drop all Megatons.

Moneyhat every last blood of the industry Grin
Deusex, Fallout, Residentevil, Shenmue3, No Man’s sky etc.

Edit:

Probably Agent.

Moneyhat this shit M$, would love to see meltdowns and Fan wars lol.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

More likely to be GTA V HD

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just in,
Yusuf > the culprit behind the KinectDrmgate now with U turn

Now that Kinect is optional and there’s a $399 price point, there are a lot of comparisons to PS4. What do you view as your main differentiator now if someone’s buying a standalone Xbox One system compared to PS4? The consoles are starting to seem pretty similar these days, especially in the wake of this announcement.

I think there are four main areas in terms of how ours system is differentiated. First is that the reason people buy these consoles is to play games. We’ve got the best games line-up. We had the best games line-up this past holiday if you talk to most experts in the games industry. As we go into E3, you’re going to see an incredible games line-up. Knock on wood, I believe we’re going to have a great games line-up for this coming holiday as well.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope that Rockstar project is not only a GTAV version.

Big E3 hype is starting what will probably lead to another year of disappointments from every company…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve seen a release date of 12/31/14 for Bayonetta 2, and rumours that Dreamfall Chapters could see a WII U release.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 14 May 2014 11:04 PM

I’ve seen a release date of 12/31/14 for Bayonetta 2, and rumours that Dreamfall Chapters could see a WII U release.

Heart

No firm rel date for Bayo2, but was my best reveal of last E3 , that and X.

X is mentioned as 2014 release for US/Euro in Ninty Financials so hope its true.

Ninty needs to release both this year…need them badly

And Show Metroid and Zelda.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just in,

Far cry 4 announced,

Well the rumors were true.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am very interested in what Quantic Dream are showing - I enjoy their games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top