• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Not Outcast 2, but a HD Reboot

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

3 days more than 300 k to go.

Aint gonna make it i guess.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just posted on KS page,

Good moon Adelphians,

When we started this campaign, I was so excited that I could not imagine that we could eventually fail. Shame on me! This same over-confidence, this same craziness and this same adventurousness, which 15 years ago led us to create the original game, lead us to face the harsh reality of this Kickstarter failure which could have been avoided with a bit more time, thinking and upfront money.

Maybe more footage and some extra pitch would have fared better.

Anyway, better luck next time.
( Deep inside i want Outcast 2 more than this )

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Puzzling how it failed. Either kickstarter has lost a lot of traction and confidence by the backers or Outcast doesn’t have a large cult following (like I thought it did) because it wasn’t a very large goal.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

One plausible (partial*) explanation I also saw was that since Outcast doesn’t have any kind of proper community, the word didn’t get around enough even to the fans. If you’re not very actively following gaming news sites (and/or Kickstarter) it’s easy to miss something like this. Of course, they probably also - as they said - failed to attract those who didn’t know the game before.

*)of course partial, since there never is one single explanation for these things

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top