• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Assassin’s Creed Unity / Rogue

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lambonius - 29 March 2014 06:14 PM
Monolith - 23 March 2014 02:28 PM

a believable alternative view on world history

I don’t know if I would call the machinations of a god-like precursor race “believable.”  Wink

hahaha, what do you mean? Its not proven but such a thing has been apart of mythological history for a long time. lol Every ancient religion speaks of a pre-cursor to our current form. Though a lot vary in explanation. Do you think such a tool for storytelling came out of nowhere? Mostly inspired by the city of Atlantis.

Unlike Metal Gear, I prefer historical/fantastical twists on history instead of political twists. In my opinion you can only do so much for political thrillers over historical fiction.

Sure other games play on the alternate history and/or pre-cursor but none have really captured the polish in thought out storytelling and cohesive connection from a multitude of religions and cultures like Assassins Creed has. AC is nothing like a rehash of one after another.

Anyways, I agree in certains respects on complaints of the series, but what I really want to see is a Noir 50’s style Assassins Creed game…or even something inspired by the mechanics and storytelling techniques of the series. It really sounds like fun. Mafia meets Assassins Creed.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Monolith - 29 March 2014 09:11 PM
Lambonius - 29 March 2014 06:14 PM
Monolith - 23 March 2014 02:28 PM

a believable alternative view on world history

I don’t know if I would call the machinations of a god-like precursor race “believable.”  Wink

hahaha, what do you mean? Its not proven but such a thing has been apart of mythological history for a long time. lol Every ancient religion speaks of a pre-cursor to our current form. Though a lot vary in explanation. Do you think such a tool for storytelling came out of nowhere? Mostly inspired by the city of Atlantis.

Unlike Metal Gear, I prefer historical/fantastical twists on history instead of political twists. In my opinion you can only do so much for political thrillers over historical fiction.

Sure other games play on the alternate history and/or pre-cursor but none have really captured the polish in thought out storytelling and cohesive connection from a multitude of religions and cultures like Assassins Creed has. AC is nothing like a rehash of one after another.

Anyways, I agree in certains respects on complaints of the series, but what I really want to see is a Noir 50’s style Assassins Creed game…or even something inspired by the mechanics and storytelling techniques of the series. It really sounds like fun. Mafia meets Assassins Creed.

Heh…I know.  I agree with you, actually.  Just messing with you.  Wink  I love the historical settings and fiction of Assassin’s Creed.  The gameplay could use some more revamping—I definitely think some aspects of it have gotten a bit stale, but I still usually enjoy the hell out of every new AC game.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

THIS is the Assassin’s Creed I want to play.

http://screenburn.kotaku.com/assassins-creed-demake-1555344021/@lukeplunkett

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lambonius - 01 April 2014 12:24 AM

THIS is the Assassin’s Creed I want to play.

http://screenburn.kotaku.com/assassins-creed-demake-1555344021/@lukeplunkett

Thats worse than the repetitive first game!??!

I WANT!

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

AC is my favorite game series and I don’t mind annual releases, but I must say that AC games are getting too familiar. I think Ubisoft needs to bring more new and fresh ideas to the gameplay, not just the same gameplay in new location. However, I miss the environment puzzles and climbing from earlier AC games, which brought some variety to the gameplay. I’m okay with French Revolution setting, I was hoping for Victorian England setting, but French Revolution is good too.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

teme - 03 April 2014 07:23 AM

However, I miss the environment puzzles and climbing from earlier AC games, which brought some variety to the gameplay.

I fully agree with this, the first AC was kind of repetitive but I miss the big and more varied puzzle climbs, like that great cathedral in Acre. Copy/pasting climbs in trees/towers/buildings needs to go away.
I hope bringing the setting back to Europe brings that part of the game again.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Actually, one thing I really miss is the puzzles almost familiar from the game ‘Missing’. Am I right? Or Am I Right? Seriously those puzzles added so much to the atmosphere and was the main reason AC1 was so bearable.

Funny though, the tree Parkour is so new to the series just as much as the Ships, but somehow its still not enough to improve the variety.

What needs to happen is to improve environmental variety. Surprisingly, AC1 was the most repetitive in terms of gameplay, but the most varied in terms of environmental variety.

Also, are you guys really tired of Desmond’s story? I’m not and its the main reason i’m kind of annoyed with the games continuing the games story. (The non-spinoffs)

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I actually liked to see where the current day storyline would go, but with Black Flag’s modern day content playing out the way it did, I’m not sure where they’re going to go with it now.  Feels like they’ve driven themselves into a corner with that plotline - hopefully Unity changes that (and/or whatever Comet turns out to be).

Certainly not bored with the series though, even with annual releases.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Dale - 03 April 2014 04:18 PM

I actually liked to see where the current day storyline would go, but with Black Flag’s modern day content playing out the way it did, I’m not sure where they’re going to go with it now.  Feels like they’ve driven themselves into a corner with that plotline - hopefully Unity changes that (and/or whatever Comet turns out to be).

Certainly not bored with the series though, even with annual releases.

No matter what, they manage to make the best of the era/location the game takes place in. Grin

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I liked the present day story until the ending of AC2/Brotherhood and then I lost track of what was going on… The glyph puzzles in AC2/Brotherhood were cool (well, they are puzzles after all Smile ). I don’t mind the change of pace of the present day sections in Black Flag but I agree and don’t know where they will be going now, but yes, it doesn’t really matter, the good stuff is in the past.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

From nomadsoul post in the other thread, I’m putting this here

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewreply/67201/

Assassin Creed Rogue announced (PS3/360 and PC maybe? . not sure if confirmed

Setting is one of the coolest - boat, artic during the seven year war

Rogue places fans in the shoes of a Templar, controlling former Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Patrick Cormac. Employing the popular naval gameplay from Black Flag, you navigate a ship across the frigid North Atlantic. Other locales you visit include the Appalachian River Valley and a reimagined New York. Shay is an assassin hunter who has to be even more clever to outsmart his sneaky foes. This entry takes place during the Seven Years’ War, filling in the gap between Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed III. We won’t spoil much, but it has a crucial link to the Kenway saga. Our exclusive feature gives more insight into Shay, details how the cold waters are different from Black Flag’s Caribbean setting, and discusses the tools Shay has at his disposal for outsmarting assassins. The Seven Years’ War is part of what lead to France’s financial troubles, and it’s hinted that Shay has even deeper ties to Unity.

They are milking the franchise but I’ll still play both these entries…  Foot in mouth

Edit: Changed title

Edit 2: Trailer:

PS3/360 only for now

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The story of Shay is one of revenge.
Tongue
Wilco you sure love this franchise Smile

Here preorder now

Edit:

looks like Ubi want more

Embarassed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 August 2014 06:43 PM

The story of Shay is one of revenge.
Tongue
Wilco you sure love this franchise Smile

Yes, way too much Smile Although Monopoly is where I draw the line, not getting that Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Leaked already on PS4,

http://i.imgur.com/xtCSiKz.jpg 

Young arno footage leak, small clip

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Asscreed + Vaseline Blur due to parity = Assline Parity.

Plus popins + pisseasy combat + No ambient music.

Game is getting butchered at Neogaf.  Grin

Still planning to get it due to Virtual Paris in relatively better engine.
Luckily shity tail missions structure have been changed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top