• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Irrational bites the dust

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 23 February 2014 12:19 PM

As far RPGs go, they are quite modular, and i dont see much similarities
between Witcher, skyrim and Souls series mechanically. And these AAA Rpgs
are not as saturated as shooters.

First of all, every problem you state with shooters is the same with RPGs. The only difference is that there is more mechanics in RPGs. We still have the typical D&D stat system in practically RPGs. You have the same dialog system, same quest system, etc. The only difference is that you are a fan of RPGs and not shooters. There is no FACTUAL reason to bash Third Person Shooters beyond ‘Taste’.

I though the Bioshock series was awesome, same with Thief, System Shock, Deus Ex, Dishonored, Half-Life, and every quality shooter in existence. Let us not forget about First Person Shooter RPGs.

Get over yourself.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 23 February 2014 02:10 PM

First of all, every problem you state with shooters is the same with RPGs. The only difference is that there is more mechanics in RPGs. We still have the typical D&D stat system in practically RPGs. You have the same dialog system, same quest system, etc. The only difference is that you are a fan of RPGs and not shooters. There is no FACTUAL reason to bash Third Person Shooters beyond ‘Taste’.

I though the Bioshock series was awesome, same with Thief, System Shock, Deus Ex, Dishonored, Half-Life, and every quality shooter in existence. Let us not forget about First Person Shooter RPGs.

Get over yourself.

You are bit carried away, you used only twice. Sort out which only is only.Pan

And FYI, Thief aint shooter bro.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Annnnd Santamonica has fired 50 people too,old vets, like gow 2,3 combat designer.
Cancelled one new IP too.

Next gen Starts now.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 23 February 2014 03:45 PM
Monolith - 23 February 2014 02:10 PM

Get over yourself.

You are bit carried away, you used only twice. Sort out which only is only.Pan

And FYI, Thief aint shooter bro.

Inebriation does wonders on grammar and structure. haha But I disagree. Thief isn’t technical an FPS but nonetheless its a First Person Stealth game. First Person nonetheless, and in the same lot that you claimed is generic and overdone.

Like the above post, I thought God of War was an annoying game. Found no appeal because I thought the game was just a toned down Castlevania without the fun parts. If developers of simple games like God of War layoff or close down, then I have to say…Next-Gen does start now if it forces publishers/developers to put more effort in their games.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 February 2014 08:19 PM

Annnnd Santamonica has fired 50 people too,old vets, like gow 2,3 combat designer.

Next gen Starts now.

I’m just reading it was a new IP by Stig Asmussen.
Damn, I like God of War but I’m tired of it, a new IP by Santa Monica would great…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 26 February 2014 04:58 PM
nomadsoul - 25 February 2014 08:19 PM

Next gen Starts now.

I’m just reading it was a new IP by Stig Asmussen.
Damn, I like God of War but I’m tired of it, a new IP by Santa Monica would great…

And was supposed to be revealed at E3. Not good sign.
Maybe got too ambitious for its own good, but cancelling after such
long production.
Well…Fuck. Frown

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Honestly, I thought that IP was “The Order: 1886” but then I realized they’re just publishing it. Some day we might get some glimpse of the project from people’s portfolios.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Fuck

Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog.

Thats worse news than Irrational demise, Amy was like true leader that totally changed
ND culture from cartoony crash/jak type company to more realistic, cinematic and
story heavy company, by starting UC, then parasites niel and bruce carried the torch.
(Parasites if rumors are true and they really forced her out).

Thats a real blow and real loss.

Nextgen starts now

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Big loss for Naughty Dog, weird, problems in the development of Uncharted?

Maybe she’ll go to Square/Eidos to work on Legacy of Kain…......................Probably not…

Probably going indie or mobile…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 05 March 2014 11:01 AM

Big loss for Naughty Dog, weird, problems in the development of Uncharted?

Seems like she did seminar against forced gay over/undertones in games
and how they are robbing game narratives.

Wow exactly my train of thought.

For those who dont know Last of us had gay guy and then
Left behind had forced lesbian touches.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This is shocking news. I loved Bioshock Infinite. Well, I will have to replay all three of the Bioshock games in order - I doubt that we’ll be seeing anymore of them anytime soon.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

My God, Amy leaving Naughty Dog is such a juicy story.

Here we have a progressive game developer, who recently released a piece of DLC where the protagonist is a happy go-lucky lesbian, allegedly forcing out its most experienced game designer, a game designer who did so much to direct Naughty Dog’s modern success and is a woman.

And what is to become of the Uncharted series without Amy? Uncharted 3 sold very well, Sony isn’t going to abandon that franchise any time soon.

What’s the culture like at Naughty Dog? So many questions! I hope Amy speaks out soon.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 05 March 2014 09:22 PM

a game designer who did so much to direct Naughty Dog’s modern success and is a woman.

And what is to become of the Uncharted series without Amy? Uncharted 3 sold very well, Sony isn’t going to abandon that franchise any time soon.

What’s the culture like at Naughty Dog? So many questions! I hope Amy speaks out soon.

And a woman yes, that what Industry should cherish, she was female and one hell
of leader, you dont see such wise female leader.
From my experience talking with her, she wont be verbal about ND politics,
i think she will adopt displomacy and cover up board room drama.

As far as UC4 goes the reason why i posted this story in this thread, its
another AAA game whose lead writer and creative director left in the middle.

So i dont know what UC4 will be like without the creator.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Amy Hennig said on Twitter that those statements she is alleged to have made about The Last of Us DLC are bogus. I wouldn’t put any stock in that anonymous forum poster’s unsubstantiated claims.

Whatever the specifics, there is little doubt that it was an unhappy departure and I wish Amy Hennig all the best. Definitely an extremely disappointing decision by Naughty Dog to let a respected and experienced talent like her go.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thats obvious cock and bullshit.
She would never malign ND or Sonys PR openly, thats why i said her reply was Diplomatic
at best.

Here anpother cock and bull

Sony on ex-Naughty Dog Amy Hennig: ‘People Change, Business Changes, Things Change’

Sony PR reiterated that Hennig’s departure from Naughty Dog wouldn’t hinder Uncharted 4’s progress, and that its development “is unchanged completely.”

I mean so much bull, how can its not affected when lead writer and Creative director
leaves all of sudden

And then there is this

http://kotaku.com/studio-says-uncharteds-writer-was-not-forced-out-1538309522

They published whole damage control PR piece. lol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top