• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bioshock Infinite

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-30-ken-levine-talks-bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea

The biggest twist of the day was the news - accompanied by a trailer and a chance to interview creative director Ken Levine - that BioShock Infinite will be taking us back to Rapture, potentially later this year, where players will get to control Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, each of whom gets their own playable instalment in a two-part detective story called Burial at Sea. If that’s not enough excitement, Burial at Sea is set on New Year’s Eve, 1958 - one year before the fall of Rapture. So we get to see it in its pomp.

Trailer

Classy, just the right setting , everyone wants. Will be really cool to see things
(and Ryan)from different perspective.

Also Troy sounds cooler than Infinite. Laughing

Edit:

The first part of Burial at Sea takes place in two halves. In a departure from the traditional Bioshock gameplay, the first segment is devoid of combat. Investigation and exploration are crucial, as players learn more about how Ryan’s faithful followers lived and worked in Rapture. Familiar characters will make appearances, and Rapture’s most terrible menaces, the Big Daddies, haven’t yet been converted from maintenance drones into a protection detail for the little sisters.

The second part of Burial at Sea will not put players in Booker’s shoes. Instead, we’ll be controlling Elizabeth, and we have been assured that she plays very differently. This continues to be very much her story, and neither she nor Booker have changed much despite Andrew Ryan’s philosophical influences.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Thanks nomad. DIdn’t read the news this morning…..I’m dying with excitement now right before work. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-06-20

PM

I’m interested in this game, but I have read on another site (can’t rememeber which one, though) that you cannot save in this game, the game autosaves for you. Is this correct? And it doesn’t even give you the information that it autosaves for you. Is this information correct? Also, it seems like if you quit say 30 minutes after the game has autosaved for you, you’ll have to do certain things all over again. Is this also correct.

I’m asking this because these days I simply don’t have time to cover areas I’ve been into before…and doing some of the same stuff/things again.

Also, do any of you know why these changes were made?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

As far as I remember the autosave bits are all pretty close together and when you go to exit the game it tells you how long it has been since the last autosave.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@aries

I did encounter bug or dont know if its official thing , that made me play 30 min game again, it autosaved on some area. So i finished it in 2 to 3 sessions.

New Info, first part of Story DLC is now adventure game Smile or maybe they are lazy to put combat in or they did realize that the combat will not be missed Tongue

“One of the things I’m most excited for in the first DLC is that the first half of it has no combat,” Levine teased. “It’s just playing in that world, you know, the Rapture you’d never really seen before, and watching Booker and Elizabeth use their wits to solve a problem and just soak in the atmosphere.”

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Are people still bitching about checkpoints and autosaves? *facepalm*

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-06-20

PM

Monolith - 10 August 2013 01:34 PM

Are people still bitching about checkpoints and autosaves? *facepalm*

No, I’m not bitching. I’m seeking information before buying this game. Maybe. And I do like that it is me! whoi decides when I have to save - not the game. I thought autosaves went the way of the dodo (became extinct) after PS3, Xbox 360, and newer pcs came on the market.

So, yes, autosaves or not will influence my decision whether or not I buy this game -
eventually..

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Many games I play have autosave. This is sometimes good - if the game saves often.

Autosave would never stop me from getting a game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top