• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dark Sorceror - Quantic Dream

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sometimes I think David Cage prefers to make these demo video rather than make actual games. However they showed the old creepy man face at the original PS4 lauch event and yesterday they showed a couple of minutes of this video.

It show how far computer “acting” has come. The faces and animation are getting eerily realistic.

It’s also pretty funny.

The Dark Sorceror…

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Isn’t Dark Sorcerer an actual game? I saw the videos on youtube with both Tech Demo and Trailer.

EDIT: Read as much as I could, too bad its just a tech demo. Meh I think.

I have to say though, its easier to prove the potential with a tech demo than with a full length game. Easier management.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like Cage took the lead again…Cannot wait to see Naughtydogs on PS4

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/11/the-dark-sorcerer-a-next-gen-comedy/

From Devs

“The PS4 engine used for Dark Sorcerer is only in its first iteration, and most of the features scheduled for the final version of the engine haven’t yet been implemented. This demo is only a first test that is well below the visual quality we hope to achieve in our next game. The next game will not be based on this demo, obviously (I know, we’re a bit weird), but on an idea that is completely different from what we’ve done to date. It’s incredibly exciting, and I wish I could tell you more… but I can’t”

From people

“Quantic Dream always surpasses its preceding tech demo (Heavy Rain surpassing “the casting” tech demo and Beyond Two Souls surpassing “Kara” tech demo) it is LOGICAL to expect the same for their real PS4 game”

“Saw this in real time at a small room demo at the Sony booth today. The guy giving the demo flew around the set, zoomed in, showed the wireframe,etc.

Simply mind boggling. Best real time graphics I’ve ever seen”

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t think David Cage has an original idea. He’s pulled this “behind the scenes” trailer three times now. While we’re at it, did anyone see the beyond trailers? So now Page is in the army? Where did that come from?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Tad: If you had bothered reading just a little bit about Beyond: Two Souls before spewing your apparent hatred for David Cage you’d know that it’s been said earlier that the game will span 15 years of Jodies life. It’s not just an eight hour chase seen with her ghost pal.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 12 June 2013 03:01 AM

Tad: If you had bothered reading just a little bit about Beyond: Two Souls before spewing your apparent hatred for David Cage you’d know that it’s been said earlier that the game will span 15 years of Jodies life. It’s not just an eight hour chase seen with her ghost pal.

I don’t hate the bloke. Just wish he’d stop being so pretentious. Beyond two souls looks good. Just made me think wehere did that come from. Never really pictured this going into the army; that’s all.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 12 June 2013 04:28 AM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 12 June 2013 03:01 AM

I don’t hate the bloke. Just wish he’d stop being so pretentious. Beyond two souls looks good. Just made me think wehere did that come from. Never really pictured this going into the army; that’s all.

He definitely is proving himself though, not just making claims if these demos are
to be considered as nice evolution on his previous efforts. Whats more, he is
not going to write the whole game now himself for his next project , hiring
professional writers now.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

True. I’m looking forward to his future projects if this is the direction he’s going in.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Tad - 12 June 2013 02:53 AM

While we’re at it, did anyone see the beyond trailers? So now Page is in the army? Where did that come from?

I chuckled when I saw that - they are REALLY pushing the action angle of Beyond. I’m curious to see how far the combat will go into undermining the emotional side that Cage talks up in his goal to cure the industry of its arrested development. I guess that will depend on how well the actors performances cut through the reality of playing a game.

I’m also curious to gauge the success of Beyond since it has to come out after The Last of Us, a PS3 exclusive that’s attracting unanimous praise for its seamless merger of quality storytelling and video game action, and then compete with GTA V, which will most likely achieve the same thing.

Come to think of it the stakes are pretty high for Quantic Dream. None of us want David Cage to look like a clown trying to stand amongst giants because that hurts big budget adventure games in general.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Tad - 12 June 2013 02:53 AM

While we’re at it, did anyone see the beyond trailers? So now Page is in the army? Where did that come from?

At least David is telling us ahead of time what a dumb, out-of-nowhere action game it’s going to become in the last third instead of springing it on us like near the end of Indigo Prophecy. He just never learns.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s kind of odd the reaction to the army demo being a lot different from the previous stuff.

I feel people are forgetting that Cage has said right from the start of the development of this game “The game lets the player take Jodie Holmes through 15 years of her life (ages eight through 23)”

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 12 June 2013 09:50 PM

Come to think of it the stakes are pretty high for Quantic Dream. None of us want David Cage to look like a clown trying to stand amongst giants because that hurts big budget adventure games in general.

Have posted this trailer in Beyond thread, reposting, i am confident now that Beyond
will give an unforgettable experience and Jodie will give neck and neck fight to
Ellie , Elizabeth etc.

Still not convinced follow the link below (spoliers abound)

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_beyond_two_souls_e3_gameplay_trailer-30297_en.html

Smile

Thinking of getting it early it too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top