• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2013

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

E3 is about to start with the Microsoft press conference.

Already Announced

Kinect Sports Rivals - New Kinect sports game with Climbing, Soccer, Wave Racing, Tennis, Ten Pin bowling

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Microsoft Conference

LOL The guy from Rare already put his foot in it by stating his Kinect Sports game in coming in November, before they have announced a date.

Metal Gear open world game with real time weather and a ton of vehicles. Set in Afghanistan this looks cool.

Metal Gear Solid V on Xbox One looks amazing, but its not exclusive.

360 News

- New design available today
- Gold members getting 2 games free a month…Copying Playstation plus then..
- World of Tanks coming to 360
- Max the curse of Brotherhood. Looks like a fun platformer
- Dark Souls 2. Looks intense.

Back to the Xbone

- Ryse: Son of Rome. MS attempt at a God of War game. Looks great, but weirdly it’s the Dunkirk landing from Saving Private Ryan set in Rome with QTE’s in the combat. Might be interesting.

- Killer Instinct.  KILLER COMBO.

- Sunset Overdrive. Insomniac jumps ship to Xbox with a stylish open world game. Looks weird, but could be cool.

- Forza 5. Ok showing up with McLaren super car is just being poncy. Game looks nice but not into driving games. Give me that car though.

- Minecraft. Now on Xbone.

- Quantum Break.  A game plus a TV show in one. Interesting concept if they can pull it off.

- D4. A Swery65 game looks very like a Scanner Darkly in art style

- Project Spark.  Uses smart glass and kinect voice to create worlds. Game creator etc like a 3D little big planet. this could be cool or cheesy. How long before Mario 1-1 is recreated in it.

Xbox Live

- next generation Smartglass. Real time progress and stats, compare it to your friends and watch videos hints etc, while you are playing the game.

- upload studio. Game DVR to record game footage, add commentary etc and upload.

- You can also broadcast live to Twitch

- No more MS points. Real currency.

Back to games

- Crimson Dragon. A Panzer Dragoon game.

- Dead Rising 3.  just what we need, more Zombie games. I does feature a SHIT load of Zombies. Real time open world game. Certainly impressive graphics and a sledge saw looked like a decent weapon. Driving now included. Using smart glass to call in artillery looked interesting. Exclusive to Xbone

- Witcher 3.  Voice commands in combat, UI to smartglass for inventory etc. Game footage looked great.

- Battlefield 4. Technical issues with the presentation. Hope it wasn’t running on an Xbone. Finally it looks amazingly realistic. Planes falling off a sinking carrier etc.

- Halo. Coming 2014 for Xbone

Launching November at $499/€499/£429.

Finally,

- Titanfall.  First games from Respawn. mech combat. Meh.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

(Couldn’t get the stream to work so I have no idea (aside from a picture feed) how things looked, but luckily eventually found a live text update)
Well, the price is just… Much. I wonder how much the Kinect pushes it up? Good point from a blogger, if they really want this to be an entertainment box for every home, that’s just way too much. And of course, as usual, the Americas get it for cheaper…

Anyway, not very much of super excitement yet, but there are still going to be many more games announced for this at E3, so one just has to wait and see, I guess.

Here’s hoping for Mirror’s Edge 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 Grin

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Have to wait and see whats on PS4 too like Witcher3,Swery game and MGS5, but overall really good job by M$.

That QuantumRealtime demo was ace and Ryse looked better than anything what Sony showed
for PS4 at reveal.

Ryse will sell alot, considering Roman theme and its launch title. Though Price is really
steep.

For me Xbone is imperative for Killerinstinct , Qbreak and Ryse, also Swery game if
it aint xclusive.

Cannot wait for Sony show.

Lastguardian for PS3 please Smile

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ryse had a lot of QTE prompts which worries me. Other wise it looked great.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 10 June 2013 02:23 PM

Ryse had a lot of QTE prompts which worries me. Other wise it looked great.

Thats why it will sell like hot cake, QTE plus amazing graphics, the 300,
spartacus and Gameofthrones crowd will go nuts lol.

It was actually Kinect game so basically they realized that Kinect will not work
and implemented QTE type controls on gamepad?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Metal Gear Solid V -

Ryse -

Sunset Overdrive -

Quantum Break -

Forza V -

Halo 5? -

Witcher 3 -

Titanfall -

Killer Instinct -

D4 -

Dead Rising 3 -

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I wonder if D4 is related to the old D series of games.

D
Enemy Zero
D2

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 10 June 2013 03:42 PM

I wonder if D4 is related to the old D series of games.

D
Enemy Zero
D2

Nah no relation, thats Sega IP and its just confirmed that its Xbone xclusive.

Anyways Thief gameplay demo up on Gametrailers.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Next up is EA

Expect lots of sport, FIFA, Madden, UFC etc
Expect some Battlefield and Titanfall even though we already seen it.
Expect some Need for Speed

Hope for some Star Wars
Hope for Mirrors Edge 2

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Electronic Arts

- Kicks off with a Battlefield, Plants Vs Zombies fake out. they are turning a tower defence game into a 3rd person action game.

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare
. Cutesy and Lame.

- Titanfall. just saw this about an hour ago.

- Star Wars Battlefront.  Cooool Obviously not much to see as they just got the licence.

- Need for Speed Rivals. Looked nice enough. Nice interaction with a tablet to call in air support, but isn’t he playing this on the PS4 which doesn’t have smartglass. shows a bit of the movie.

- Dragon Age Inquisition. Open world. Fall 2014. Claudia Black doing the trailer VO.

- Bunch of sports stuff. NBA Live 14 (bouncetek .lol), Madden 25, Fifa 14, UFC.

- Battlefield 4.  Commander mode. Birds eye view to command your squad. 64 players live multiplayer in Shanghai. Nice destruction engine, looked like a lot of fun, but lacked the profanity and abuse normally associated with multiplayer. Lol. Ends with skyscraper collapse. Awesome.

- Mirrors Edge 2. Coming when it’s ready.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh yesss!! Mirror’s Edge 2! *high-fiving a million angels* It had to be done! Now for Beyond Good & Evil 2 and this’ll be just about the best E3 ever Smile

Hopefully not as action-packed as the trailer might suggest, but I’m not too worried - that’s how trailers tend to be.

Was Battlefront the canceled Star Wars game where you were supposed to be able to go from space war onto the surface of the planet (and keep fighting a ground war) in the middle of the game? Or what was that supposed to be? (I mean, I googled and see that this is a series, but that’s all I know)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

CastleVania2 gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/i5h7av/castlevania—lords-of-shadow-2-e3-2013—world-premiere-demo—stream-

Oh man EA conf sucked, i am glad Morrigan is back.

New Faith look

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

That was a strong conference from Microsoft, but it wasn’t good enough to have forgotten how the system will screw customers.

Extremely upset that I won’t play Crimson Dragon though.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ubisoft

- Alice in Chains guitarist comes out to play some Rocksmith‘s new Session mode.

- Splinter Cell Blacklist. out in august. Could be fun.

- Rayman Legends. Fun and adorable. Been in development for donkeys. out in September.

- The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot.  Free to play loot game, Build up you castle and fill it with defences. Now go rob you neighbour as they try to rob you.

- South Park the Stick of Truth.  can’t wait for this to come out. 

- The Crew. Driving game from the people who did driver San Francisco.  Seems to be a squad based racing game. About trying to infiltrate a criminal organisation city by city. Entire game is an online persistent world. Nice zoom out to map of USA and relocate feature.

Watchdogs. This is the trailer that leaked yesterday. Still looks fantastic, very Persons of Interest.

- Just Dance 2014. 6 player dances. Snore

- Rabbids invasion the TV show. Interactive TV at its finest.

- Assassins Creed IV  Arrrrhhhh Piraty goodness Certainly looks better than III.

- Trials Fusion and Trials Frontier. one for next gen and one for mobile.

- Tom Clany’s The Division.. New IP Dark paranoid future, pandemic kills thousands on Black Friday. New online futuristic RPG. Looks fantastic a realistic post emergency New York,  great interface in game, 4 player squad including tablet play.

No Beyond Good and Evil 2…Boooo

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Didn’t watch a single conference, I’m still catching up on the news but I’m not seeing anything really exciting for this Fall (maybe Watch Dogs?)

And 500€ for the Xbone?!? really? that’s really expensive for a console that doesn’t seem to have interesting exclusives at launch and specially after the DRM-fiasco…

And no news about Beyond Good and Evil is sad…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top