• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Xbox One

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

So Microsoft showed off their new box, coming this Xmas.

Bit of a silly name for your 3rd generation Xbox, what do I call the first Xbox now.

Being positioned as more of a media device, plug your cable box into it and watch TV and surf the net at the same time, get real time fantasy sport updates while watching the games, skype with your friends etc

Totally controlled by the new Kinect 2 camera and voice etc.

Totally announced a Halo TV show.

Bit of an ugly box Nerd

Didn’t show off many games.

Forza 5 - looked Ok

EA Sports - Will be on both systems anyway

Quantum Break - looked interesting. New game from Remedy, but trailer was a bit of WTF is going on. Seemed to be time related and had a lot of FMV (if that is in the game)

Call of Duty Ghosts - looked pretty but again, not an exclusive.

Can’t say they blew me away with it.

Sony 1-0 Microsoft.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/oiznjb/xbox-one-xbox-one-reveal—stream-

The Xbox One

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/kggomj/quantum-break-xbox-one-reveal—debut-teaser—stream-

Quantum Break looked interesting. Is this a Heavy Rain or a Alan Wake game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/k0zk2y/forza-motorsport-5-xbox-one-reveal—debut-trailer—stream-

Forza 5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Agree with super crap box and also crap name, locks used games(one game one console else pay fee), bad showcase of games except Qbreak which looks cross generational, CoD looked super crap and not even quarter (in graphics) of Metro Lastlight what i am playing now on current gen.

One of the worst conferences ever, PS4 for me next year when launches in Europe. I hope
M$ dont moneyhat the thrid party exclusives to force me buy the black cable box.

Nothing what Samsung SmartTV cannot do, just thrown gaming into mix.

Sony should go all out at E3 with big games showcase.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2006-08-02

PM

I am a big fan of the Xbox 360, but I don’t like this One.

All games must be installed to the hard disk.

You must pay a fee to install a used game.

While it doesn’t require a constant internet connection, it is required to launch a game.

The kinect accessory must be connected for the system to work.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Xbox one, Awful name I think, but it looks almost has ugly as the first xbox, so…

Did not see anything. Is it always online or not?

Edit: Saw the answer was already written above me now, only to activate games, so no used games?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

“On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,”

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc.

More Craziness

Xbox One: live TV available in US only at launch, requires separate device

Wonder why its called ONE???

As shown in the Microsoft reveal stream, and confirmed in the release, “Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output,” which is sold separately.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I imagine that the seperate device you require is your cable box, which people already have.

The console won’t have TV box hardware for all the cable providers etc in the USA. So instead of hooking your TV box into your TV, you hook it into the back of the Xbox One. Which makes me wonder where does it save the TV stuff..On the Xbox or the Cable box.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m not really all that impressed. I would have thought Microsoft would pack a better punch, especially since they’ve had quite some time to prepare for this since Sony’s event, but it was all very underwhelming.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

M$ acceepted that graphics aint the main focus, and that TV is the thing ....

QuantumBreak is also Pseudo-TV based Game , more info to be revealed tommorow for now ,

Quantum Break appears to blend a live action TV show with a video game, with actions in one affecting the other. Microsoft’s Xbox One press release calls it “a revolutionary entertainment experience… that blurs the line between gaming and TV by integrating drama and gameplay into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. How you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game.”

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

*Yawn*

It’s not a bad looking box. The little diagonal pattern on the case gives the machine some character.

Nothing else is really interesting me though. A racing game? That’s the exclusive you’re going to use to draw people away from the PS4?

Hard not to feel a little disappointed. All three systems are still failing to grasp the modern tech savvy, media hungry consumer of today. It’s about the CONTENT.

I was honestly expecting either Sony or Microsoft to announce Metal Gear Solid V as an exclusive for their respective next gen console. That would have been the announcement that attracts my attention. We’ll see what happens at E3…

Otherwise, this is all a little bit same old, same old for me.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

They’re calling it the all-in-one entertainment system yet much of the features they showed today will never be available to non-US gamers. The more Sony and Microsoft desperately try to make all-encompassing media hubs which attempt to do everything, the more they’ll get tripped up with international media rights, obtrusive technology (the always-online problem, having to pay a fee for multiple installations) and increasingly unreasonable costs.

Honestly, after seeing these last two conferences, I actually think Nintendo has a chance to rebound with the Wii U if they can rebrand it as a cheap, simple games-only console and announce a bunch of new killer titles in their big franchises.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I’ll get it for the sake of having it, but this didn’t really sell me. More sports than gaming. Meh Ps4 will win me over, but i’ll prob have a super computer by then…but consoles have their place even if I have a new computer.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, not much to go by yet, to be honest. Hopefully there’ll be more facts at E3. Some of what has been said as facts has in fact been just interpretation, like much of the gaming stuff (always online stuff, used games to an extent etc.).. Hopefully at E3 they’ll focus on the gaming. And hopefully they haven’t forgotten that it’s still mainly a game console to most. Anyways, I’m cautiously mildly optimistic, but surely won’t get it at launch unless there’s a cheaper version for just gaming available (doubtful - besides, the release games aren’t very interesting, as usual).

Hopefully I can at least play a game between different accounts on the same XBox. Well, can’t say much now, just have to wait and see…

Anyways, I found this “highlights” clip quite funny Smile

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

The next XBox will also require you to have the kinect plugged in and turned on at all times. I’m quite surprised this doesn’t generate a massive amount of outrage (as it does for me). The technology behind the new kinect is interesting (as most new technologies are), but I’m very concerned about how it is going to be used.

You’re basically installing next-gen surveillance equipment in your living room that can detect your posture, your tone of voice, your facial expressions etc. Yes, this is bad, this is very, very bad. It’s not about the FBI spying on you. It’s also not about Minority Report-style features; this is done to make a better consumer out of you, to create an incredibly personalized ad-bubble and form your world view (as all ads do by force-feeding you false information, but much more effectively). Also, it sets a precedent; once you have such a device in your home, you won’t be too declined to install an even more omnipotent version in the future (which is what already happened with the first kinect).

Yes, Microsoft cares what you do. Yes, they will be collecting behavioral data on you and your family. Yes, this data will be used to subtly direct you towards generating profit for their company and associated third parties. And as a center piece in your living room, it’ll have a lot to say in your life and the life of your children, while also desensitizing them toward the idea of total surveillance. And we’re not talking about some obscure gadget; this is a device that will be installed in a LOT of homes.

This is a huge step toward an Orwellian society, and nobody cares.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

kuze - 22 May 2013 07:31 AM

I’ll tell you why I currently don’t care. I have the current Kinect plugged in to my Xbox 360 at all times. It is currently facing a wall.

I only really use it for its voice recognition abilities, and I doubt that will change should I ever get an Xbox One.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

kuze - 22 May 2013 07:31 AM

A general consumer is prey and Corporations will keep feeding on them, yes you are
right but at the same time its natural evolution of Capitalist society.

Its just bound to happen.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top