• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Remember Me

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Kotaku has a little bit of a preview on the upcoming Capcom game Remember Me.  Looks fun so far.  I’m looking forward to this one, but I think I’m going to wait and see what the reviews look like before committing.  I recently got carried away and pre-ordered the Star Trek game (I know, I know) and obviously got burned, so I think I’m off the preorder for awhile.

Anyone have thoughts on this game?  The setting looks great.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The setting looks cool. It’s been on my radar for a while now. Some of the stuff they have show could be interesting. The memory manipulation for instance.

The traversal and exploration is very Tomb Raider so could be fine, the setting is great and the main characters seems ok.

My main worry is the combat which seems a bit derivative and the sound effects while fighting suck ass.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/03/24/19-minutes-of-remember-me-gameplay-off-screen-pax-east

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The memory remix stuff is intriguing, I wonder how much weight it will have in the overall game.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

There are a handful of games that I’m really looking forward to this year and this is among them. I’ve already pre-ordered it so I’ll give impressions shortly thereafter. Amazon says I’ll get it on June 4.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Art direction is killer

And it translates well into ingame engine, cannot get enough of Cyberpunk, gonna rent the game just for memory puzzle solving mechanics and exploring the world.

Not paying much attention to Fighting or platforming.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

It’s on my radar, too. My only worry so far is the traversal/platforming - it’s almost like developers or publishers these days think it belongs in every action-adventure, but aside from personally being a bit tired of it, I don’t think it’s fitting in an urban environment, when we add the other parts of the game to the equation. Seems a bit forced.

On a more positive note, most of the memory mechanics sounds pretty fun and interesting, IMO, and could allow for some nice puzzle-solving. This new-ish video provides an overview of the different memory systems:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_remember_me_talks_memory-14024_en.html

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like a “must buy” game for me!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Interested, but also waiting for some reviews and other feedback before buying. I have so much to play anyway, that I’ll probably wait a few months for a sale.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Well, I decided to go ahead and pick it up.  Reviews have been either very good or mixed with the Metacritic fluctuating around 70 or 75.  I was able to play about a half hour this morning, and I think I will enjoy the game very much.  One of main concerns was the quality of the gameplay graphics (though the art design looked great).  Well, I can say the game looks fantastic on the PC.  I’ll leave more thoughts when I’ve played more or finished the game.  So far, so good.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Still swithering about this one, so I might wait until a price drop, or hint for it as a bday present.

Reviews are along the lines of what I was expecting from the previews. Great Story, Fantastic setting and art. Shame about the actual gameplay. Combat is repetitive and not very good and the memory puzzles are not used as much as you would like.

However I’m still holding slight hopes that I like it better than that.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This looks so good, yet I’m reading mixed reviews.  Hoping someone from this site can give me a thumbs-up on puzzles and gameplay.  Like Lucien, I might wait…....

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Might pick this up when the price goes down. Reviews are saying it’s so-so, but it looks stunning and the combat system is unique enough that this game might end up being a cult favourite like Mirror’s Edge or possibly a guilty pleasure like that other Capcom game, GodHand.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I got this for PC from greenmangaming with the discount (only unlocks on Steam Friday here…)
The reviews are mixed but it does sound something I will enjoy. Sometimes great games with not a lot of marketing get lost in mixed reviews.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 04 June 2013 07:09 PM

I got this for PC from greenmangaming with the discount (only unlocks on Steam Friday here…)
The reviews are mixed but it does sound something I will enjoy. Sometimes great games with not a lot of marketing get lost in mixed reviews.

Atleast reviewers are positive about environment design , will pick up later, its hard to come by such a beautiful Cyberpunk world.

thejobloshow - 04 June 2013 06:25 PM

Might pick this up when the price goes down. Reviews are saying it’s so-so, but it looks stunning and the combat system is unique enough that this game might end up being a cult favourite like Mirror’s Edge or possibly a guilty pleasure like that other Capcom game, GodHand.

+1 rep for mentioning godhand. Smile

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

wilco - 04 June 2013 07:09 PM

I did the same.  Green Man Gaming is like the Steam of preorders.  The best part is usually their 25% preorder vouchers actually last for a couple of days after the game comes out, so you can wait and see what the reviews are before “preordering”, a good thing in this day of despicable review embargoes.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Interplay - 04 June 2013 11:52 PM

I did the same.  Green Man Gaming is like the Steam of preorders.  The best part is usually their 25% preorder vouchers actually last for a couple of days after the game comes out, so you can wait and see what the reviews are before “preordering”, a good thing in this day of despicable review embargoes.

Yes, I don’t rememer the last time I bought a full price steamworks game actually on Steam Smile
They usually also provide the download code in time for steam pre-loading

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top