• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AnimeAdam

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Bethesda Game?

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

http://www.gamesradar.com/bethesda-reveal-mystery-game-tomorrow/

I generally like Bethesda, and this game (which I heard about today or possibly yesterday) is intriguing me. Admittedly, that’s just cause the weird looping video on this page looks quite cool.

Any theories, or extra knowledge, speculation as to what it could be?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If it’s Mikami’s game I’ll be interested, Wolfenstein not so much

Fallout 4 better be at E3!

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

wilco - 18 April 2013 03:02 PM

If it’s Mikami’s game I’ll be interested, Wolfenstein not so much

Same. I’d like to see Bethesda dealing with a survival horror title, and doesn’t Mikami keep talking about going back to a more ‘pure horror’ aesthetic (which is noted by its absence in games at the moment (outside of the independents, anyway)).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Maybe this is Mystery Game X? Tongue Naughty

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

TimovieMan - 18 April 2013 04:15 PM

You read my mind.  Cool

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 18 April 2013 04:15 PM

Loooll! the mystery that’s driving people insane - “now even in General Gaming forum”

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Its Project Zwei.
http://projectzwei.net/

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Ah right, I think I’d read a bit about that pre-this announcement thing. Sounds interesting, and one of those pieces of concept art was mildly Kafka-ish (the insect thing, predictably).

Also—what’s up with IGN seemingly trying to monopolise everything lately?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hell yeah, looks RAD, was on my most hyped list ...Mikami iz back

Official title The Evil Within

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/19/the-evil-within-debut-trailer-1080p

Screens of gameplay

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/19/the-evil-within-debut-trailer-1080p

EDIT:

The Evil Within is a survival horror title due to arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next-generation consoles in 2014.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

IGN will have exclusive first impressions of The Evil Within on Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 a.m. Pacific, so be sure to check back then for our thoughts on an early demo along with a behind-the-scenes look at Tango Gameworks.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Looks awesome! New survival-horror, great news!!

Please no co-op!!!

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

That bad of a title for Zwei. It looks and sounds enticing! Grin

EDIT: My mobile device would like to make a formal apology for dissing the title of the game. I meant to say ‘NOT’ bad. lol Though PsychoBreak does sound so much better. haha

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its called PsychoBreak in japan though. More details

Built on Idtech5, modified Rage engine

Players must survive on limited resources

While struggling to survive, you’ll have to face indescribable terror, cruel traps, and sly mechanisms. Players can die in a trap all too easily, however, at times they can turn them against enemies.

In an Unstable World, Not All Horrors are in Plain Sight: The player is driven into a corner as the world distorts and warps according to mysterious and evil horrors. The scenery: hallways, walls, doors, rooms, buildings, and even nature, all transforming in real time based on the player’s actions. And the threats keep coming from all directions.

The game feels mix of all the right elements from Silent hill , Eternal Darkness Sanity effects and well resident evil.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

Whoa! That looks amazing! The survival horror genre needs more good titles. I also think we could use more pvp games like War Z too, but I’ll settle for single-player amazingness.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

The most underrated survival horror game was Alone in the Dark (2008). Rated terribly, but in my opinion, it was different in a good way. Sure, it was REALLY difficult. Sure, there were moments where you want to tear your hear out. But not terrible in comparison to Aliens: Colonial Marines. I admit, I stopped playing it near the end because it got REALLY difficult (so I just jumped on youtube to watch someone play it to the end), but by no means did I not get inspired by its mechanics.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

Alone in the Dark was likely underrated precisely because it was so difficult. I am certainly not advocating that all games be effortless, but beyond a certain difficulty most games will have a very narrow appeal. Most people will not rate a game well if it causes intolerable frustration every time they play it.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-05-06

PM

...and I was hoping it would be fallout 4

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top