• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Tomb Raider

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Tomb Raider! After I had already given up on the series, it was absolutely positively surprising that Lara made such a good comeback. I thought the game looked awesome, the gameplay was really well-balanced, it was cleverly designed and had a lot of replay value. Overall, one the best games of the last 12 months or so.

Sega does what Nintendon’t

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Niko - 28 April 2013 03:22 PM

Enjoyed the game overall, despite all the QTE’s. It was a great thrill ride, but would had liked more puzzles. I’m not in a hurry to replay it, but not many games warrant it these days. I got bored of Far Cry 3 quite quickly, dumped it after meeting the mushroom guy.

I could have written this post almost word for word.  Tongue

I really loved Tomb Raider (sounds like I like QTE’s more than you though) but I would have loved more puzzling. I may go back to collect all treasures and I’m sure I’ll play the game again someday but not any time soon.

I stopped playing Far Cry 3 in almost exactly the same spot you did.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I will never play this based solely on unfortunately watching some gameplay videos of it. 

I don’t enjoy QTE’s very much to begin with, but when they’re coupled with incredibly gruesome deaths like the punctured throat ones… I’m just not going to play it.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Crunchy in milk - 01 May 2013 11:28 PM

I don’t enjoy QTE’s very much to begin with, but when they’re coupled with incredibly gruesome deaths like the punctured throat ones… I’m just not going to play it.

Funny, I found the deaths weak. Not as gruesome as some people say. It felt like any action game, except it seems gruesome because its without context or you feel for the character. Seriously, I can’t say its gore because it still feels like the violence we’ve always had in the industry. Its no manhunt, its no call of duty or brothers in arms, its not grand theft auto, nor is it mortal kombat. It is tame to a degree.

Getting impaled? Its justified, it adds to the realism, but in no way was gruesome. Gruesome entails blood and guts. The violence in my opinion was tasteful. Many folks that don’t like gore that I know, feel that the violence was warrant and by no means insulting or gory. There are even deaths where the camera purposely doesn’t show much. I find it hard to believe that people find it snuff.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

I found the deaths artful, and not over the top, but I think everyone had a different tolerance for that sort of imagery. I imagine my mother would have found them entirely too graphic and called it snuff, but she has a very high level of empathy and cannot stand to imagine anything suffering.

I was very pleased with Tomb Raider, it was very well done and has breathed new life into the series.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Those who know what Snuff really is wouldn’t think this is snuff. haha, a word that can be relative to the person, but generally dictates a specific category and not whether something is “violent”.

I agree though.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Yeah, I didn’t find the game all that gruesome or violent. I don’t know if that makes me desensitized or what but I guess everyone has a different tolerance.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top