• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Golem - A gorgeous new Action RPG based on Jewish folklore, the work of Da Vinci, and more (to be financed on Kickstarter)

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

This one looks really interesting to me!
I guess I’ll just quote from the Kickstarter page itself:

Play as the Golem
The game is set in the dark and beautiful city of Prague during the early 16th century. You will play as the immensely powerful creature known as the Golem. Despite your incredible potential for destruction, mastering the Golem will be about mastering control of yourself so that you can protect and not destroy the great city that created you. It will be deeply rewarding when you learn to wield the Golem with not only savage strength but also with delicacy.

Epic Single-Player Narrative
Storytelling is what we do and Golem will be built upon meaningful characters and a deep narrative. Marrying the excitement and emotion of film with the rewarding involvement and responsibility of video games is what the Golem is all about. You will follow a linear narrative, but you will also find that there is much to explore as you master the control of the Golem.

Meaningful Controls
The Golem is new to life and you will be new to controlling him. You’ll learn to walk, run, jump and sometimes you will sink or swim. The controls will evolve as the Golem evolves, always providing a meaningful correspondence to the experience. You may learn basic mechanics by throwing boulders and playing in the forest, but the tasks that will be asked of you make you a true master of the Golem, and require more of you than you may expect. We’re making this game for a range of players, from those looking for deep control and complexity to those simply wishing to partake in an epic adventure.

Cinematic Third Person
We will bring everything we know and love about cinematography to the game, showing you the rich city in stunning ways. You may play through the eyes of the Golem at times, but much of what you experience will frame the Golem beautifully within the landscapes of Prague.

Action RPG
The five guilds of Prague built you, and as you progress they will continue to help you. If you are hurt, the guilds will repair you, but your success in the game will dictate how strong, fast, and powerful they can make you. Although the Golem was created as simply a machine of war, you will find that a deeper power resides within you, unknown even to your creators.

For more info you can find the Kickstarter here. There are lots of short videos there that inform and excite about the project!

What do you think? Smile

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Seems interesting, never heard of the people involved though (except del Toro obviously but he only seems to give it his “blessing”). Will keep an eye out for this one. I hope they reach their kickstarter goal.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Looks very interesting, let’s hope it reaches the Kickstarter target. Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Irongiant909 - 01 April 2013 04:23 AM

Looks very interesting, let’s hope it reaches the Kickstarter target. Smile

Nice remark, five days after the Kickstarter ended unsuccessfully…  Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top