• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bioshock Infinite

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

First review’s out on IGN. Not read the text, but they seem to like it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I find it fun that the PC version is 0.1 better in the score than the consoles. I also didn’t read the text

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

lol I want my game now!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wait you guys dont know, journalists are pissed that IGN got exclusive rights,
basically others still have embargo and taking potshots at the integrity of IGN, where they themsleves have been kneedeep in similar affairs before, and IGN selected to publicize positive review as usual, the review too got predicted by us, exactly 9.5 what we thought, not surprising from sites like IGN. PC .1 edge due to better textures, framerates and hotkeys weapon support.

Game is also reported to have one of the highest budget, 100mill. Another 100mill for
marketing, thats some money, needs atleast 4 million for Breakeven.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

[off-topic]

I agree with Monolith: I really liked The Lady in the Water.
I don’t agree with Monolith (and everyone else): I liked The Happening. Shyamalan nailed the atmosphere in that one.

But I realize I’m in the minority.
I just found that Shyamalan tends to hit the right buttons with me, like he writes at my wavelength or something. If one of his films then has a dubious plot twist, the twist itself won’t really matter much to me.
Unbreakable is more about Bruce Willis discovering his role in life and as such rebuilding his bond with his wife. Signs is about Mel Gibson’s waning faith. The twists (in as far as you can call them that) are irrelevant. And I really liked the quirky interactions between Wahlberg and Deschanel in The Happening.
Like I said: The Last Airbender’s the only one I didn’t like, and it still wasn’t all that bad - it’s just the writing that was aimed at the wrong audience…

[/off-topic]

So how about Bioshock Infinite? Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Budget rumor debunked by ken.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

TimovieMan - 22 March 2013 02:49 PM

[off-topic]

I don’t agree with Monolith (and everyone else): I liked The Happening. Shyamalan nailed the atmosphere in that one.

I just found that Shyamalan tends to hit the right buttons with me, like he writes at my wavelength or something. If one of his films then has a dubious plot twist, the twist itself won’t really matter much to me.
Unbreakable is more about Bruce Willis discovering his role in life and as such rebuilding his bond with his wife. Signs is about Mel Gibson’s waning faith. The twists (in as far as you can call them that) are irrelevant. And I really liked the quirky interactions between Wahlberg and Deschanel in The Happening.
Like I said: The Last Airbender’s the only one I didn’t like, and it still wasn’t all that bad - it’s just the writing that was aimed at the wrong audience…

[/off-topic]

So how about Bioshock Infinite? Grin

[off-topic]
I remember thinking Lady in the Water was okay, too. I agree with some of the critics that there are elements to it that are self-indulgently defensive (a lot of people made a point of Shyamalan making a film where a critic gets viciously killed and where Shyamalan’s ‘cameo’ turns out to be one of the major characters, and such), but I thought (haven’t seen it in ages) it was an alright film, and didn’t depend so much on a twist that messed the film up for repeat viewings.
[/off-topic]

But yeah, BioShock Infinite. I’m looking forward to it. Got the weirdest crush on Elizabeth. Dangerously long-term singledom right there, ladies and gentlemen.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 22 March 2013 02:49 PM

[off-topic]

[/off-topic]

[off-topic]

I did like Lady in the Water, at least the only time I saw it. But The Happening…except for the opening, no, Mark Wahlberg was just incredible bad and the story went nowhere. I also dislike Signs a lot, but the rest of Shyamalan’s movies I think they are fine, at least original (I didn’t see The Last Airbender).

An exception is Unbreakable that it’s one my favourite movies and have seen it countless of times

[/off-topic]

nomadsoul - 22 March 2013 04:06 PM

Budget rumor debunked by ken.

The budget stuff is interesting, did he say how much it was? 6 years in the making must make it expensive. These triple A games are probably competing with some tent-pole Hollywood movies in budget.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, they’re starting to show trailers for Bioshock Infinite on national TV here, so my guess is it’ll sell BIG.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Since everyone is getting victimized by spoiler, someone pointed to this research,that talks how knowing spoiler in advance can affect the feelings, good read

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thriving101/201108/the-spoiler-paradox

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Failure to point out that an unexpected twist is far more important than an ending.

Also its funny that people enjoy being spoiled when that directly points out that people just aren’t adventurous. Its all about the unknown and all the research to aid spoilers has nothing towards that.

Its the same logic behind people preferring third person over first person outside of health reasons. People don’t want to think all that much. Sure one can argue that once you are spoiled, you can now see all the other details….thats the point of seeing the film again. By adding the spoiler variable, you essentially deprive yourself of the unexpected and that matters a lot to me.

You lose the first hand experiences a lot of films try to create for you emotionally.

Maybe they should write an article on how a book is better if you read the ending first. Because knowing the main character didn’t die doesn’t hurt the emotional connection at all. /sarcasm

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Pre-loading on Steam has begun.

Just finished Bioshock 2. Amazing ending. Really glad I gave it a shot.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This was the reason for exclusive review, seriously no words lol

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I’ve heard stuff about some people having received their pre-orders, already. Is anyone here one of those lucky people?

I know I’m not (in fact, the snow round here might well end up making mine come later than expected), but [on-the-off-topic-narrative-arc]maybe M. Night Shyamalan is![/on-the-off-topic-narrative-arc]

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Preorders or not ,some retailers selling the game already in Canada and US since day ago,
on both consoles, walkthroughs on youtube already up.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top