• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Request for Walkthroughs!

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hi everyone,

You might have heard mention of it before, or perhaps you found the hidden away walkthroughs on the current website, but we’re planning to extend the AdventureGamers website with walkthroughs!

There’s been some great ideas with broader concepts like UHS-hints style input as well, that I’m definitively looking into. For now the initial goal is to gather more walkthroughs so we can fill up the database and I have a better understanding of the typical format that these are created in. Based on that I can easily pivot to determine interesting ways to present it to the readers. Once we have enough we’ll obviously also add a section for them on the main page, the menu and the search functionality.

If you have any walkthroughs (that you have obviously written yourself!) that you’d be willing to give us permission to publish, that would be greatly appreciated! As a thank you I’ll gladly disable advertising on your account, if there is enough interest I’m happy to also explore some physical rewards (I still have a few T-Shirts and stickers in storage) for the top contributors.

It’s easiest to send me any walkthroughs you might have, to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Feel free to share them in any format that works for you. Word, Google Docs, Pages, Open Ofice, really any format works. Be sure to include any images that are important parts of the walkthrough.

Much appreciated in advance! Also if you have any further ideas on how to properly introduce this on the website, I’m all ears.

Ivo

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds like a great project, I just sent you Syberia for the Nintendo DS.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi CaliMonk, are you interested in including walkthroughs for freeware games also?

As for ideas on how to introduce walkthough on the website - I like that a walkthough in place can help the developer in that there truly are players that won’t buy a game unless there is one so it does help to promote a game.

I don’t know how you properly introduce this on the website but I wondered whether you really need to in any great way? 

What I do know is that once a walkthrough has been ‘published’ by the site it will turn up in a search so very easily accessible regardless of whether it has been ‘properly introduced’ anywhere.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I recently shared the walkthroughs of my games with GameBoomers.
http://www.gameboomers.com/walkthroughs.html
They have a lot of walkthroughs for adventure games, isn’t it possible to make a kind of partnership with them?
I’ll be happy to send you my walkthroughs too if you want them.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Simon_ASA - 14 May 2020 12:01 PM

I recently shared the walkthroughs of my games with GameBoomers.
http://www.gameboomers.com/walkthroughs.html
They have a lot of walkthroughs for adventure games, isn’t it possible to make a kind of partnership with them?
I’ll be happy to send you my walkthroughs too if you want them.

Would be great if you could Simon! Tried to find partnership possibilities with GB quite a few times but no dice so far…

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 11 May 2020 08:49 AM

Sounds like a great project, I just sent you Syberia for the Nintendo DS.

Heart

Well received, thanks!

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

chrissie - 14 May 2020 11:15 AM

Hi CaliMonk, are you interested in including walkthroughs for freeware games also?

Absolutely, doesn’t matter if it’s freeware or not. Ultimately it will be about offering readers a walkthrough they can fall back on. Doesn’t matter if it’s freeware or not, stuck is stuck Smile

chrissie - 14 May 2020 11:15 AM

As for ideas on how to introduce walkthough on the website - I like that a walkthough in place can help the developer in that there truly are players that won’t buy a game unless there is one so it does help to promote a game.

I don’t know how you properly introduce this on the website but I wondered whether you really need to in any great way? 

What I do know is that once a walkthrough has been ‘published’ by the site it will turn up in a search so very easily accessible regardless of whether it has been ‘properly introduced’ anywhere.

Interesting. Never thought of it like that actually, always imagined anyone reading or finding a walkthrough would 100% be in the midst of playing it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what format you are interested in as neither in here or the main page article mentioning that; written or video?

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2005-07-01

PM

I sent my information to Jackal and got a response! I post walkthroughs on my YouTube channel, they aren’t fancy or anything, but I think they get the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nh1RXKwUX2CA7XWZyxqTg

“When government surveillance and intimidation is called “freedom from terrorism” or “liberation from crime”, freedom and liberty have become words without meanings.”
~ Chad Dumier, “Deus Ex”

The Adventure Game Enthusiast

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Advie - 29 May 2020 01:57 PM

what format you are interested in as neither in here or the main page article mentioning that; written or video?

i could be stupid, but i still demand an answer

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Written walkthroughs are preferred, but videos are certainly welcome.

(And actually, it does say so in the article. I’ve modified the text a bit since it was first posted, but that much was already there originally. It’s even in the article caption on the home page. Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks Jack.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m curious. I’ve submitted one walkthrough. And, if Lighthouse doesn’t win and/or find a leader on this pass, you will be getting another. Just where will this library be located? Or is there already one, and I haven’t found it yet?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 05 June 2020 06:43 PM

I’m curious. I’ve submitted one walkthrough. And, if Lighthouse doesn’t win and/or find a leader on this pass, you will be getting another. Just where will this library be located? Or is there already one, and I haven’t found it yet?

There will be a dedicated Walkthrough section, accessible through the top menu, as well as walkthroughs found through the search section. They _can_ already be found, if you know where to look though :-)

The one you send for instance:
https://adventuregamers.com/walkthrough/full/black-dahlia

If you’d go to the review for that game, you could find a link to it in the side menu in the game information box:
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/17440

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i see most walkthrough posted are of video, hardly any written, I didn’t visit each link i clicked haphazardly, and most were videos.

and what happened to the sign indicating the linked walkthrough was video or text, they all now have the same indication next to the game titles which does not make it clear to visitors browsing that section to know what kinda walkthrough are about to open.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top