• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also finished Technobabylon, a great game similar to Gemini Rue. In the Apple store, these are are sold in bundles at really cheap prices. I’m sure gog and steam bundle them also.

I am playing Shardlight right now which is another great game from Wadgeteye. The good thing about their games is that they are very consistent, if you like one, you should like them all.
Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just finished “Stasis” and really liked it. It maybe a bit overly dramatic, especially towards the end, and the story is kinda over-done at this point but THE BROTHERHOOD’S take on it was pretty captivating. Add all the gore. Yes, this was really my kind of game. Now I’m really considering “Beautiful Desolation” to put on my short-list

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

DCast - 12 May 2020 01:52 PM

Just finished “Stasis” and really liked it. It maybe a bit overly dramatic, especially towards the end, and the story is kinda over-done at this point but THE BROTHERHOOD’S take on it was pretty captivating. Add all the gore. Yes, this was really my kind of game. Now I’m really considering “Beautiful Desolation” to put on my short-list

Have you played their free game Cayne? It takes place in the same universe as Stasis. I highly recommend it as well as Beautiful Desolation!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Sir Beardalot - 12 May 2020 07:38 PM
DCast - 12 May 2020 01:52 PM

Have you played their free game Cayne? It takes place in the same universe as Stasis. I highly recommend it as well as Beautiful Desolation!

I can’t explain how foolish I feel that I can’t figure out the first room in Cayne.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-07-27

PM

Recently finished Kathy Rain. I liked the story, especially the first half or so, and appreciated the 90ies setting, including the old school graphical style. The puzzles were not that challenging though, never got stuck for a long time in this one.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Recently finished Kathy Rain. I liked the story, especially the first half or so, and appreciated the 90ies setting, including the old school graphical style. The puzzles were not that challenging though, never got stuck for a long time in this one.

Welcome to the Kathy Rain fan club! That is one well loved game! I’ve played it several times and if they did a new top 100 adventure games again this game would make the cut easily.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I have not! I’m going to play it now. Wonder if I should’ve played it before “Stasis” for a better story flow…Oh, well.

Is “Beautiful Desolation” in the same vein as “Stasis”? One thing that was most unusual to me is the amount of bg info behind almost every object the cursor hovers on. It feels like I had to “read” the room I was in before continuing Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

DCast - 13 May 2020 05:07 PM

I have not! I’m going to play it now. Wonder if I should’ve played it before “Stasis” for a better story flow…Oh, well.

Is “Beautiful Desolation” in the same vein as “Stasis”? One thing that was most unusual to me is the amount of bg info behind almost every object the cursor hovers on. It feels like I had to “read” the room I was in before continuing Smile

Actually, Cayne was made after Stasis so playing it next will flow better. As for Beautiful Desolation it is similar but far more character interactions and multiple choices and paths to take. Very beautiful post apocalyptic African setting. The are many objects to hover over for story and descriptions but I enjoy the interactivity and background info myself. There’s optional combat as well. Overall just a great game! If you like their style I would definitely pick it up. Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-07-27

PM

Mikekelly - 13 May 2020 12:01 PM

Welcome to the Kathy Rain fan club! That is one well loved game! I’ve played it several times and if they did a new top 100 adventure games again this game would make the cut easily.

Heart

Grin

Yesterday I finished The Secret of Monkey Island, a game that was ranked high on my bucket list. I have the Special Edition from GOG, but preferred to play it using the original graphics. Some puzzles weren’t always that easy I must admit, but managed to finish it without the help of a walkthrough.
Right after, I started playing Journey of a Roach (which is ridiculously low priced at GOG now by the way, only €0.69 !) and was VERY surprised/amused to see a clear reference to the three-headed monkey from MI1, hah! Grin

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Pretty randomly I decided it was time to play the Ben & Dan series (I bought two games close to 10 years ago and never even tried them).. and now iv finished the first 2.. pretty wild ride… They represent a lot of the best and worst things about classic adventures. Clever puzzles, thoughtful epic arc-ing exploration.. definitely a love-letter to the 90s adventure. Also often tedious.. difficulty can be tied to stuff like not clicking on the right pixel.. plenty of what I call “endlessly useful stick” puzzles.. (in the 2nd game the stick is an umbrella.. first game had a couple including crow bar). Also some of the humor in time gentlemen was…. A bit much…. Really not necessary. I generally appreciated the humor style but some of that stuff…. Eh…... Still the games were undeniably charming. I just started the new game and I’m not sure yet how I feel about the genre change…. But it is intriguing.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished the entire Blackwell series. The beginning games are pretty short, so this was not hard to do. Glad to see they sell these games in bundles now, they really feel like separate chapters of a longer game.

The final game - Blackwell Epiphany was by far the best, so I recommend playing them in order.

Heart

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Just finished lair of the clockwork god. It was.. pretty excellent. Strong contender for adventure of the year in my mind. As much as i might have rather seen them make another classic style adventure… this is pretty easily their best game yet. Humor strikes exactly the right chord for me.. and so did the puzzles.. just a lot of great organic “aha” moments.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished Sanitarium, a pretty tough but fun horror adventure game. The plot was unique and I loved the graphics. It also featured a lot of variety with the game play which was a real plus.

If you are looking for something different in the way of a horror adventure game, this one should work.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also finished Dead Synchronicity, an off the wall post holocaust adventure game. The plot was unique and I loved the characters and dialogue. Story had me guessing until the end and left me wanting more. The characters I’d love to see developed more in a second game.
The gore and violence and mature themes I found quite shocking, I didn’t expect that at all when I started the game. But if you can handle “The Walking Dead” TTG you can handle this game also.

Lastly, the reason for the holocaust was unique and was not even remotely similar to the typical reasons shown in most movies and games.

FYI - My opinions on the Dead Synchronicity game, now I have finished one play through are quite positive, the plot is quite complex so I am looking forward to a second play through and I’ll revise my post according to how it goes.

Heart

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Is Mikekelly a bot?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top