• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you would like to see remastered

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-03-30

PM

there was an old D&D game - Dungeons and Dragons - Warriors of the eternal sun ... could be good on PC - not too deep ...

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

Spyro is already coming so the other game I have wanted to be remastered is Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-08-09

PM

Shadow of the Comet
Broken Sword 1/2
Anachronox

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2018-10-15

PM

Crazy Taxi

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Anyone here ever played the absolutely brilliant cinematic platformer Heart of Darkness?

It was made by Eric Chahi whose previous game was the equally brilliant Another World. HoD is one of my all-time favourite (and most frustrating) games, but it is really hard to get it to work properly today on modern systems and it looks pretty rough nowadays. It desperately needs some sort of remaster or remake, but sadly I don’t think that will ever happen.

Been a while since my last playthrough. Need to do something about that soon…

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

necromyth - 12 August 2018 03:49 PM

Broken Sword 1/2

They already did that a few years ago but it wasn’t very good imo. It totally ruined the original game especially. That was clear from the start because they changed the first game’s intro, one of the best intros in gaming history.

They also added new areas/puzzles etc, but none of that was really needed. The whole thing was just meh. I’ll stick to the original versions and I don’t think I’ll ever play the remasters again.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-03-05

PM

Having just bought a PS4, I’d love to see some of my favourite classics get remastered for it. I loved what was done with Crash Bandicoot and can’t wait to get my hands on the new Crash Team Racing. It’d be cool if they did Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity but idk how likely that is since iirc they weren’t nearly as popular.

Outisde Crash, it’d be sick to see the 2 Croc games get some love. Also, I’ve been replaying The Simpsons Hit & Run and that’d be awesome to see up-rezzed but it’s not entirely necessary cause it still holds up pretty well.

Now this thread can’t be complete without mentioning some adventure games. Curse of Monkey Island could look amazing with Disney quality animation. Also, getting Zak Mckracken and Maniac Mansion remasters and finally being voiced would be fantastic. Also, give Brian Moriarty the chance to do Loom and then complete his trilogy.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-01-02

PM

I am going too backward and waiting for remake of too old game. It’s not for PC, it’s… Tetris Heart Eyes . I had one when I was a child but it was broken. Now I’d like to see a modern Tetris with additive features and nice graphics for PC or Mobile. Unfortunately, the ones which are already available are not the thing I want. Frown

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

raspberry - 02 January 2019 09:24 AM

I am going too backward and waiting for remake of too old game. It’s not for PC, it’s… Tetris Heart Eyes . I had one when I was a child but it was broken. Now I’d like to see a modern Tetris with additive features and nice graphics for PC or Mobile. Unfortunately, the ones which are already available are not the thing I want. Frown

Have you tried Tetris Effect on PS4 made by the creator of Rez/Lumines? It is like Tetris with a visual/music psychedelic feel to it. Very good.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I would like to see Return of the Obra Dinn get a remaster. Game looks like it’s from the 80s or someting and im not into retro.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2019-02-07

PM

McCoy97 - 28 December 2018 06:09 AM

Anyone here ever played the absolutely brilliant cinematic platformer Heart of Darkness?

Yes, citizen.

It is a good albeit short product in the same vein as the Oddworld games. I have replayed it with Judge Nephew and Judge Girlfriend last September and they had proper orderly fun; as much as I had in my cadet years. I scorn at the whole remastering deal but, in this case, I would allow for a full remake. It is too short of a product and it could have been so much more if it wasn’t for its chaotic development during the 2070 Atomic Wars.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-01-02

PM

SoccerDude - 11 January 2019 06:32 PM
raspberry - 02 January 2019 09:24 AM

Have you tried Tetris Effect on PS4 made by the creator of Rez/Lumines? It is like Tetris with a visual/music psychedelic feel to it. Very good.

When you asked I hadn’t tried yet. But I have done that two weeks ago. My friend has got it.
I am totally satisfied with the game, it seems to be the one I’ve been dreaming about for a long period of time. Very happy.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I’d like to see remastered ports of Cing’s games on the Nintendo DS—Another Code, Hotel Dusk, Last Window—available on home computers (and maybe mobile devices too), especially so that they can be preserved and easily-accessible for newcomers. (It would also make replaying them easier after my NDS gives up the ghost one day.) Probably highly unlikely given Cing’s demise, but one can dream…

necromyth - 12 August 2018 03:49 PM

Broken Sword 1/2

Yeah, agreed. I love them, but I’m partway through a replay of the first game and must admit that they’re not so great to look at on modern displays. Not distractingly so, but nevertheless I’d love to see them in HD. Remastered art and audio, faithful to the originals (or the Director’s Cuts)—that would be great.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-05-08

PM

Honestly, there are a ton of old games I’d love to see remastered. Or at least re-released. Especially since many of my favorite retro games are wicked expensive now. Case in point? 25 grand for a single Sega Genesis game cartridge o.O

But the new Genesis Mini console is coming out soon! Woo!

Now for the rest of the console makers to line up…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d like to see remastered ports of Cing’s games on the Nintendo DS—Another Code, Hotel Dusk, Last Window—available on home computers (and maybe mobile devices too), especially so that they can be preserved and easily-accessible for newcomers. (It would also make replaying them easier after my NDS gives up the ghost one day.) Probably highly unlikely given Cing’s demise, but one can dream…

I’d love that too. On the switch this could actually happen.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top