• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games like Mega Man or Castlevania on Steam or GOG that you recommend

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

I’m looking for something similar to the above game series to play next on my channel so please any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. If I play the game and like it I will give you a shoutout on my channel during the video.

“You fight like a dairy farmer” - Secret of Monkey Island
“you always were a kidder Steve” - Harvester
“hello bright eyes” - Blackwell Legacy
“feeling lonely” - The 7th Guest

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Ares: Extinction Agenda and 20XX are very MegaMan-inspired. Possibly Cuphead for a lot of tough bosses and the occasional run-and-gun, though the theme and visual style are completely different.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is a popular old-school style Castlevania clone. For something less obvious, Hollow Knight also has dark places and pasts to explore despite some outward cuteness.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Harald B - 24 May 2019 02:54 AM

Ares: Extinction Agenda and 20XX are very MegaMan-inspired. Possibly Cuphead for a lot of tough bosses and the occasional run-and-gun, though the theme and visual style are completely different.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is a popular old-school style Castlevania clone. For something less obvious, Hollow Knight also has dark places and pasts to explore despite some outward cuteness.

Thanks for the recommendations

“You fight like a dairy farmer” - Secret of Monkey Island
“you always were a kidder Steve” - Harvester
“hello bright eyes” - Blackwell Legacy
“feeling lonely” - The 7th Guest

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is a really nice castlevania style game, it’s pretty short though but goes on sale quite a lot.

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

Not sure if this is available on Steam, but I thought the recent Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom was rather amazing, also a Metroidvania title.

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top