• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Renacimiento - 09 August 2018 09:38 PM

Horizon Zero Dawn.What an incredible game, definitely surprised me, the impressive graphics, excellent story, soundtrack, etc. I’ve spent so many hours playing this game. I even liked it a lot better than The Witcher 3. The main, secondary missions, getting lost exploring this world was a pleasure.
I loved it.

I also just beat this game not that long ago I love love love the second half but the first half of horizon zero Dawn was kind of slow and meh. I never did connect with all the different tribes and their politics. I was always way more interested in the past with silence

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I recently bought a Switch. It’s a great piece of hardware, the play it on the TV and pull it out the dock to switch to handheld mode thing is smooth and fantastic.

So I finished

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Cute as hell puzzle game. You control Toad or Todette in a cube based level where you have to traverse through it to reach the star.

You have limited movement in the character, no jump or attack buttons, certain items can be pulled out of the group to collect coins or turnips that can be thrown at enemies. Sometimes you can manipulate the level with the touchscreen to move platforms etc.

There are three chapters to complete the game, which opens up some Super Mario Odyssey based levels.

It’s a lot of fun

Ready for Adventure

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Congrats on getting a Switch! Best way piece of hardware in a long time.
Besides the obvious games (Zelda, Mario,etc) do look into Octopath Traveler if you like JRPGs, great game.
Toad is a lot of fun but I had played it before on the WiiU.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I got the two obvious games (Mario,Zelda) already so next up (on the switch anyway) is probably Mario Odyssey.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They are without much doubt the 2 best games in the system, Zelda revolutionizes the series and is an awesome open-world exploration game and Mario is just lot of fun with new hat gameplay and different levels.

Other games you might look into after are Mario+Rabbids, a surprisingly fun and deep SRPG like XCOM and Bayonetta 1+2 if you have not played it before.
Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are fun multiplayer games, Xenoblade 2 if you are into the series, personally I’m enjoying more Octopath. Mario Tennis and Arms are kind of average in my opinion.
The 3rd party ports are competent (Skyrim, Doom, Wolfenstein, LA Noire) but not the best version, good if you want to play on the go. Indie selection is very good. Hollow Knight is amazing.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2018-10-13

PM

The last game I played through was Tim Schafer’s Broken Age, which I was excited to see on the Nintendo Switch! (The presence of great adventure games, which started for me with Thimbleweed Park, has been the greatest unexpected joy of the console—really looking forward to Grim Fandango’s release for the Switch!). I would give Broken Age at least an 8 out of 10. I truly thought it was a great adventure game with a really unique story. Prior to that, I played through all of the Banner Saga games once they arrived on Switch, and I adored them. At least a 9 out of 10 for each of them.

Right now I am playing Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers for the first time. I love it so far, but of course I know it is a classic! Ha.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

beat all uncharted games 1-5. Just beat lost legacy, it was a fun game but its a tale of two halves. I thought the first half was dull and boring and I hated chapter 4, I dont think uncharted works at all as an open world game, but the 2nd half basically chapters 7-11 was awesome.mild spoilerI was not a fan of sam drake in 4 but I love him here in lost legacy, and I wish he was in the game more. He made Nadine a lot more likable
my rankings
5. uncharted 1
4. uncharted lost legacy
3. uncharted 4
2. uncharted 2
1. uncharted 3

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-04-07

PM

I enjoyed Still life and had the sequel in the backlog for a long time now. Finally decided to cross it off and… what can I say.. It’s a mess.

Still Life 2 - 4/10

Nobody knows what is gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider

An enjoyable and fitting ending to the reboot Trilogy.

Doesn’t do much different from the last instalment, but it’s a fun formula.

Interesting to see what they do next.

4/5

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Jdawg445 - 11 August 2018 02:33 PM

I also just beat this game not that long ago I love love love the second half but the first half of horizon zero Dawn was kind of slow and meh. I never did connect with all the different tribes and their politics. I was always way more interested in the past with silence

Yes, the same thing happened to me, I was much more interested in exploring and unraveling all the secrets of the past, both her personal and the place. What happened in this place? Who is she? How did these robots appear here?  What place and importance does she have?, etc.

wicked - 21 October 2018 10:22 AM

I enjoyed Still life and had the sequel in the backlog for a long time now. Finally decided to cross it off and… what can I say.. It’s a mess.

Still Life 2 - 4/10

I never understood how they could ruin a game like Still Life, the first one is great, but the second one is terrible in all aspects, not only in the story that is uninspired and uninteresting, but also with the gameplay and the graphics. How does a game that looked very, very good in its second part look much worse?  The graphics are supposed to improve or at least stay the same, but look much worse? I don’t understand.  A lamentable involution.

Bloodborne (PS4) I’ve never played a Dark Souls game before, so this was my introduction to this universe, even though (as far as I understand) it’s not a dark souls but it has and shares the same game spirit. What can I say? It took me by surprise, simply magnificent and extremely addictive.

I had never been killed so many times in one game xp… but it was a pleasant frustration, I enjoyed every minute.  Now I’m going for its DLC.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 21 October 2018 03:14 PM

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider

An enjoyable and fitting ending to the reboot Trilogy.

Doesn’t do much different from the last instalment, but it’s a fun formula.

Interesting to see what they do next.

4/5

If they do next Frown It is already on sale on PSN and the XBOX store although the game is barely a month old, so I am thinking it sold terribly.

I also finished it, and really loved it although it is too similar to the 2nd one. I like how they concentrated on what makes Tomb Raider great, and that is the fun traversal and the tomb raiding puzzles versus the emphasis on shooting in the first 2 games(especially in Rise).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The problem with the Tombraider games is they drop in value quickly.

I bought the last one for 25 dollars and really onjoyed it. I just don’t see a reason to buy this one at full price.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mikekelly - 21 October 2018 10:30 PM

The problem with the Tombraider games is they drop in value quickly.

I bought the last one for 25 dollars and really onjoyed it. I just don’t see a reason to buy this one at full price.

Heart

Problem is, if everybody thinks this way, there won’t be TR games in the future to pay $25 for.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

SoccerDude - 22 October 2018 12:08 AM

Problem is, if everybody thinks this way, there won’t be TR games in the future to pay $25 for.

You’re missing the point. Problem is not paying full price for a game. It’s that the pricedrop came too soon.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Origami - 24 October 2018 02:42 AM
SoccerDude - 22 October 2018 12:08 AM

You’re missing the point. Problem is not paying full price for a game. It’s that the pricedrop came too soon.

You are missing mine. The AAA single player industry is struggling and companies employ shady techniques like loot boxes and micro transactions to keep these games viable. This new TR did not do that which is very admirable. If you want your beloved franchises to ever come back, you have to support the developers. Waiting for a huge price drop won’t cut it. This Tomb Raider I bet you will be will be the last one made in quite a while. Yes you got it cheap but at the price of not seeing another one.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top