• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserMike the WinoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you would like to see remastered

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

With tons of games being remastered/remade every day, I was wondering what old games would you like to see remastered.

For me, the first game I would like to see is Little Big Adventure. This was the first CD-Rom game I played on my PC after reading glowing reviews on PC Gamer back then, and I remember falling in love with it. It also got a sequel which was even better than the original game. I am not sure how the gameplay holds up today, but I would love to revisit that world.

Another game I was always interested in but never played was Shenmue and its sequel. Everyone who ever played them loved them and raves about them but I never had a Dreamcast and so I missed out on them. They seem like the types of games I would really enjoy. It would be great to remake these two just before the new one comes out.

With Capcom going all out on remasters (Devil May Cry collection for both PS3 and PS4, Dmc from Ninja Theory, Megaman collections, Resident Evil games, Okami), it would be nice to get a remaster of an Onimusha collection. It has been too long since we got a good Samurai game.

Finally, I would like to get a chance to play Eternal Darkness. That was another great game that not too many people played because it was stuck on the Gamecube.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Great thread, with Okami and Darksiders2 , i feel like some classics need another round just to realize their full potential on current gen

Onimusha1&2 - I think capcom want it too, but face likeness are issue, wonder whats original contract was, one of them Oni2 guy is dead and changing face would require changing all cutscenes and FMVs

DinoCrisis - Can do wonders , i think capcom should try making it like RE4 on Monsterhunterworld engine, ready made dinos only need freaky face paint

Killer7 - Suda is teasing it, its easiest of bunch in capcom goldmine, just hd uplift, artstyle still holds up

Resonance of Fate - This and Folklore were 2 casualties of last gen when it comes to out of the box gems that didnt make it (ValkyriaChron survived, while DemonsSouls changed the transmedia)
Its unique game that nails all, but graphics can use upgrade, like Darksiders level upgrade, UE3 to UE4

Castlevania PS2 - If Konami aint funding next CV game, PS2 games can use a uplift like Sotc one, huge demand but hey Smile

DemonsSouls - Sotc Bluepoint should do it, use DS3 engine, 2 million sales min confirmed

Vanquish - WTF is my ps4 ver?

NinjaGaiden1&2(originals not sigma ones) - I dont know how X uplifts textures , but NG1 looks great on XB1 BC mode
1080 60fps
Similar to Okami/Zelda on PC emulator(Okami ps4 was even better than PC emu one though)
But my point is texture up res on xb1 is great, if teamninja doesnt want effort, give it to hexadrive or some company to do the job

Otogi - This was very creepy,mystic and artistic FromSoft. series, with their company brand now having more fans, this franchise could use another throw

Silenthill - Foxengine, exact game with combat and graphics upgrade

Will post more when think of new ones

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Another vote for the Onimusha games, maybe Capcom will remember them someday

nomadsoul - 18 January 2018 02:28 PM

DemonsSouls - Sotc Bluepoint should do it, use DS3 engine, 2 million sales min confirmed

This has to happen, now or PS5.

More stuff I remember:

Blood series - Great old PC FPS games. id could work on them
Metal Gear Solid - The first game could use a total remake.
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Switch remaster before MP4 arrives
Vice City . Best GTA
Shadow Hearts 2 - A facelift and new release like FFX/FF12

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Hmm… Commander Keen. Or Keen Dreams. Or Conquest of Camelot.

I don’t know, as others have pointed out before, remakes are rarely on par with the originals.

Probably be better off with a sequel or a “spiritual successor” like Supreme Commander was to Total Annihilation. That way they don’t have to worry about details and can go crazy with their own ideas.

Having said that, I would totally buy a remake of a game I liked. Shoot I wish they’d remake The Secret of Monkey Island again, but this time do it right.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

For years I’ve longed for a remake of Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders.  I don’t know if it will ever happen sadly.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just remembered No One Lives Forever and its sequel. Loved the humor and the James Bond vibe in them. And speaking of Monolith, they need to give Tron 2.0 another shot. This game was amazing but it was criminally ignored by the masses.

wilco - 18 January 2018 02:53 PM

Also another Monolith classic. Man, looking back at all these games they made, this studio was severely underrated.
Interesting personal story about Blood. I was sitting in my office in my last job, and next to me was a guy from Seattle who was on a business trip and was staying in our office for the day. I started small talk with him and asked him what he worked on before and he told me he was the lead designer of an old PC game called Blood. Mind was completely blown.  Pan

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 19 January 2018 12:46 PM

I just remembered No One Lives Forever and its sequel. Loved the humor and the James Bond vibe in them. And speaking of Monolith, they need to give Tron 2.0 another shot. This game was amazing but it was criminally ignored by the masses.

wilco - 18 January 2018 02:53 PM

Also another Monolith classic. Man, looking back at all these games they made, this studio was severely underrated.
Interesting personal story about Blood. I was sitting in my office in my last job, and next to me was a guy from Seattle who was on a business trip and was staying in our office for the day. I started small talk with him and asked him what he worked on before and he told me he was the lead designer of an old PC game called Blood. Mind was completely blown.  Pan

IIRC they also made Shogo mobile armor division?
Blood had great attitude, i guess main lead VA was of Wolverine animated Xmen
Tell me more, did he leave Monolith, where are old peeps now
Nolf could do wonders with right talent, but very hard game to capture old and new feeling, same case with Timesplitters sequel

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 19 January 2018 12:56 PM

Tell me more, did he leave Monolith, where are old peeps now

Yeah, he was working in our company (building mobile games) in the Seattle branch (Monolith is also based in Washington state in Kirkland). Lots of AAA peeps back then were doing mobile just because the pay is better and the work is much less. At the end of the day, people need to make a living and AAA industry is brutal.

We also had - and this is very relevant to this site Tongue - Steve Meretzky and for a short time Sean Clark before he went to BFG.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Davidjaffe shares his 2 cents on TwistedMetal, any fans here? i loved it more than many other Sony first party games, and didnt hate everything about PS3 ver too, i think his opinion on remaster is something Sony can consider, all them vehicles and destruction in current tech

Sakura(SFV) triggered my desire for RivalSchools too, i know capcom dont have the talent anymore, so Dreamcast remaster would do

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s some nice connections, Soccerdude, Mobile gaming does make sense, just look at the recent example of Bruce Straley to see how AAA can burnout a developer.

@nomad
Never a fan of Twisted Metal, Jaffe for me is God of War.

Was thinking since is trying to destroy anything related to Star Wars games, we could get remasters of the old good ones:
Dark Forces, Jedi Academy, X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Kotor 1+2.

Other games I would like a modern treatment is the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy. Just applying modern graphics, not mess with the gameplay at all.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 18 January 2018 02:28 PM

Castlevania PS2 - If Konami aint funding next CV game, PS2 games can use a uplift like Sotc one, huge demand but hey Smile

Netflix is doing a second season in the Summer, would be a great time for a remaster release but, hey, it’s Konami…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 January 2018 04:25 PM

Just applying modern graphics, not mess with the gameplay at all.

Its very floaty,clunky and hasnt aged well, have you tried it recently ?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 January 2018 08:32 PM

Not recently but they had the best 3D platforming, don’t remember being floaty. Just don’t them to dumb down the platforming like Tomb Raider.

Was playing Manhunt yesterday, not that’s a game that could use an update on controls but kepping the dark and opressive atmosphere.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 January 2018 04:20 AM
nomadsoul - 19 January 2018 08:32 PM

Not recently but they had the best 3D platforming, don’t remember being floaty. Just don’t them to dumb down the platforming like Tomb Raider.

Was playing Manhunt yesterday, not that’s a game that could use an update on controls but kepping the dark and opressive atmosphere.

You need to get on Darksiders2, it does wallrunning , platforming way better
I tried SoT and warrior within a year back, and its crap controls now

R* just renewed manhunt trademark, lets see

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

Most of those PS2\GC era games work spectacularly with emulators, so isn’t it kind of redundant?

Unless it’s Killer7, which no emulation or remaster will ever fix the fact that even reading the damn book or playing previous Suda’s games won’t explain half the story.

Also, Onimusha 1&2 would only work if it was done like the recent remastering of RE0&1 because of its pre-rendered backgrounds. But that’s RE.

SpeedBo - 18 January 2018 08:05 PM

Total Annihilation

The memories! Cry

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bogie - 22 January 2018 02:55 PM

Most of those PS2\GC era games work spectacularly with emulators, so isn’t it kind of redundant?

Unless it’s Killer7, which no emulation or remaster will ever fix the fact that even reading the damn book or playing previous Suda’s games won’t explain half the story.

Also, Onimusha 1&2 would only work if it was done like the recent remastering of RE0&1 because of its pre-rendered backgrounds. But that’s RE.

Yes i was about to suggest emulation sdude for some of his games, but thats PC only

K7 is art piece, details are implicit for purpose, some hate it others dig it

Oni series still look good on PC emu
If they have old assets they can kick detail up even more like RE0
REmake was different beast but still some backgrounds for this gen redone
Once they will exhaust all RE games, other franchises would be only bet to redone

@sdude, there is samurai game this gen, you can try Nioh, its a great one too , its not as brutal as Souls
And Shenmue remaster is highly likely

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top