• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The age of VR is starting

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 03 February 2017 09:46 AM

The only company profiting from VR so far must be Zenimax Smile 500 million from that lawsuit! That’s a lot of money… RE7 bodes well for more big experiences on consoles. Probably need to VR compatible and not exclusive.

Frankly if i will tell ya that i can make 4 billions in future on your R&D and give you half billion now, well Zenimax still must be furious still taking luckey share and dragging to court was good step

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

tried it out at a store recently and was aboslutely blown away definitely getting one.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Origami - 26 December 2016 12:10 PM

I hoped VR wouldn’t blow up once it got released. Happy to see that it hasn’t turned out to be the case.

Posted this in December. Right again.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Come on, you are purposefully trying to pick articles to paint a pessimistic picture.

There’s so much going on with VR and AR at the moment (new big players jumping in either VR or AR, new wireless HMDs coming out this year, inside-out tracking, eye tracking, etc.), and you post one article that takes raw statistic and turns it around for an article with sensationalistic title.

If you take a giant investment in Magic Leap out of the last year’s equation, industry’s funding didn’t change at all.

I’m not saying VR and AR will have hundreds of millions users any time soon. But we are getting there. I think we can expect a big shift in around 6 years.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Egon - 27 April 2017 03:40 AM

I’m not saying VR and AR will have hundreds of millions users any time soon. But we are getting there. I think we can expect a big shift in around 6 years.

Never disagreed on that front
The current phase is nascent as per article

Even if it will be disaster i think Tech inventors/pioneers are gonna copy same generic path of Cyberpunk future whether its VR or Augmentations…it will surely happen

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Visionary and Creator of Oculus in the flesh , well ....speechless

Words and Deeds

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Tried it last week at a BBQ party. It’s a nice experience but far from essential.
I’d rather get the new Guitar Hero that we played as well.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have PS4 VR - I’ve also got VR systems dating back to 1992. VR is getting better, but still for adventure game I don’t like it.

Tried one on the PS4 VR and it sucked. However, shooters, racing games and arcade games are as fun as ever.

For adventure games to work, the puzzles had better be basic. Nothing worse than getting stuck on a puzzle in a VR game and taking off all the VR stuff to research how to solve the puzzle on a near by PC.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

If someone is still on the fence about buying vr hmd, Rift with Touch controllers is on sale right now for 400$.

In general I wouldn’t advise to jump on VR bandwagon in this 1st generation… simply because of high price and especially because hmds are lacking in comfort. They are simply too heavy and cumbersome for everyday use.

BUT Rift for 400$ is a steal. It’s easily worth this price.

The best VR games are coming out right now. I’m just playing Wilson’s Heart (VR take on classic point&click; adventures) and I can say it’s one of the best gaming experience I ever had.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just got Oculus Quest (6dof stand alone VR hmd- meaning, it doesn’t need pc) and I’m blown away. Lack of wires, freedom to use it anywhere you want and easy of use & convenience are amazing!

Games are great as well. Honestly surprised how good they look. Just playing Myst style adventure Shadow Point and I’m having a blast-

I’d say this is pretty much the first VR system that makes sense for mainstream crowd.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2005-04-15

PM

like cell phones that do everything but communicate simply, so called social media which is gossip gradiosly glorified, VR is a dead end of ludicrous dimenstions like diverless cars.

I wont waste any time debating it, for it is so obvious it needs no comment further.

Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
“We Build Worlds”

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Christian IV - 12 June 2019 10:39 PM

like cell phones that do everything but communicate simply, so called social media which is gossip gradiosly glorified, VR is a dead end of ludicrous dimenstions like diverless cars.

I wont waste any time debating it, for it is so obvious it needs no comment further.

Said every conservative ever about any change or innovation.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have heard nothing but good stuff about the Oculus Quest. Hopefully it will sell well.

The sales leader is PSVR with around 4.2 million in sales which is pretty good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top