• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #62 - Lighthouse: The Dark Being

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

rtrooney - 04 October 2020 07:52 PM

I don’t remember who came up with the name, but the bird saucer you speak of was called an Ornithopter in the WT I worked on.

Oh a fan of Dune maybe?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

giom - 04 October 2020 10:48 PM
rtrooney - 04 October 2020 07:52 PM

I don’t remember who came up with the name, but the bird saucer you speak of was called an Ornithopter in the WT I worked on.

Oh a fan of Dune maybe?

My thoughts as well!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ornithopters were invented long before Dune.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Leonardo Da Vinci I’m sure invented the Ornithopter?  Smile

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is obviously a Bat-plane!!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Section 3

If all has gone well, you have left Martin’s Roost in your flying machine (aka ornithopter or bat ship) and landed at the temple, leaving the crazy birdman behind…maybe

In the temple, you will meet Liryl, who has lots of knowledge and valuable information to share, but she will be wary of you.  Be patient with her and listen carefully.  You may eventually gain her trust.

Eventually you will find an unusual mode of transportation that will, with a brief but familiar stop in between, lead you back to Martin’s Roost.  Before you use this mode, save your game.

I’m giving this section a full week, which will bring us to Monday, October 12.  STOP when you are back at Martin’s Roost.  Keep us posted as to where you are in the game, and ask for help if you need it. 

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

chrissie - 05 October 2020 08:36 AM

He certainly did! And there was another grand da Vinci invention as an alternative route. But I admit I also thought of Dune when I saw the new screenshot by Lady Kestrel Smile

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Looking forward to this chapter. Of all the locations, this is the one I remember the least.

A side thought regarding dead ends. While I hope this doesn’t become an issue, a note in the lab notes we discovered and read says that the modulator must be replaced each time the portal is used. The metal box in the lab held four. We used one to go to Martin’s Roost. So, we have three left. Hope that’s enough to do what we need to do the rest of the way. From the Temple I think we go back to the Lighthouse, and, from there, back to the Roost. So that will use one of the remaining three. I don’t remember if we need to use any more.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 05 October 2020 08:36 AM

I’m guessing you’re right. However, I’m not fluent in renaissance Italian, nor ancient Latin or Greek. Plus, Da Vinci used his backward-writing code in the Codex. So I can’t verify that, but I’ll take your investigative reporting at its word. Besides, it doesn’t really matter. In fact, I would bet that “Bat Plane” as suggested by Sefir, could easily be what it was first called, but that was rejected in favor of something more elegant.

That happened elsewhere in the writing process. There is a vehicle in a section of the game we’ve yet to play. There was considerable conversation as to what it should be called. I’ll tell you the story when we get there.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

As I mentioned above, save your game, especially before trying out complicated equipment

Also, there were only 3 power units left in the box.  Dr. Frick wrote in his notes about one being taken.  We used one, one should be in your inventory, and the other in the lab.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Ok finally caught up with you guys. So far loving the game, and like some have said, this game looks real good for a game that came out in the 90’s. I can assume people who played it back then were impressed by the graphics. 
I am finding it a little bit challenging. I was especially stuck with the safe.

Having gone to school abroad, we did not have lockers where I lived. So although I am gen X, I have never used an analog safe like this one before. I had no idea that there is a rule to turn the dial to pass zero every time you want to enter a number. I kept just moving the dial to the 3 numbers of the combination, but nothing would happen. I had to use a hint to solve that. This is an example of a culturally related puzzle that makes some assumptions about what you may or may not know. I just wish they had some instructions written on the side of the safe or something that told you how to operate it.

I messed around with the little birds and found two ways to bypass them which is real interesting. Things play out slightly differently for each approach.

I do have the same complaint with this game that I have with all slideshow first person adventure games. Sometimes I don’t know that I can go in a certain direction because I did not notice the arrow. I did not notice for example you can look UP at the ladder so was stuck trying to figure out where to go next.

I’m just glad this game finally got a playthrough after so many tries before. It’s definitely worth it so far.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad you got caught up, SoccerDude.  In the beginning at the lighthouse, it took me a while to discover the down arrow at the front door, so I understand.  In some cases, the active cursor area is very small.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Great! Let’s continue our journey. I just hope they don’t ask me for tithe at the temple…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 October 2020 07:40 PM

As I mentioned above, save your game, especially before trying out complicated equipment

Also, there were only 3 power units left in the box.  Dr. Frick wrote in his notes about one being taken.  We used one, one should be in your inventory, and the other in the lab.

Hmmm! I reloaded a way back game, and there were two modulators left in the box. One of the four was used to portal to the beach. Another is in inventory. Ergo, two left. There have been other comments about the game behaving differently. Maybe this is one of them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’ve been playing for some time and got a question to Lady Kestrel regarding this

Lady Kestrel - 05 October 2020 02:23 PM

Eventually you will find an unusual mode of transportation that will, with a brief but familiar stop in between, lead you back to Martin’s Roost.

I don’t quite understand where we need to travel. Do we need to travel to Martin’s Roost straight away? But our flying bat can take us back there in no time, I tried it and it works fine and there’s no need to mess with the complex machine. Or did you mean we need to travel to the lighthouse which is also presented as a destination on that monitor and only THEN somehow return to Martin’s Roost? In this case it is probably a good idea to point that out. Or we will be taken to the lighthouse no matter what picture we choose?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top