• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming Movies - Trailer Zone

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

New Trailer for IT

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Its alarming how bets can go wrong
It looked decent art wise but i think CG scifi worlds are no go unless millenials know the brand

It also doesn’t help that Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevigne aren’t bankable stars (yet), and that Valerian is suffering stiff competition from War for the Planet of the Apes, Spider-Man: Homecoming and especially Dunkirk…
At least The Fifth Element and Lucy had Bruce Willis and Scarlett Johansson respectively. Now they’re riding on the visuals and the Besson name. That’s not much for a film this expensive. But who knows? Maybe China will save EuropaCorp…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 28 July 2017 08:21 AM

It looked decent art wise but i think CG scifi worlds are no go unless millenials know the brand

It also doesn’t help that Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevigne aren’t bankable stars (yet), and that Valerian is suffering stiff competition from War for the Planet of the Apes, Spider-Man: Homecoming and especially Dunkirk…
At least The Fifth Element and Lucy had Bruce Willis and Scarlett Johansson respectively. Now they’re riding on the visuals and the Besson name. That’s not much for a film this expensive. But who knows? Maybe China will save EuropaCorp…

Fifth Element did a lot better overseas than the US so there might be hope, although not a lot…
Was listening to an enthusiastic critic talking about how the Valérian and Laureline comics influenced a lot of modern scifi (lots of Star Wars elements and other movies), so the movie might not seem fresh but noted that the first 15 min visulas alone were worth the price of admission.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Detroit getting great reviews, could land in oscars

wilco - 28 July 2017 09:51 AM
TimovieMan - 28 July 2017 08:21 AM

Fifth Element did a lot better overseas than the US so there might be hope, although not a lot…
Was listening to an enthusiastic critic talking about how the Valérian and Laureline comics influenced a lot of modern scifi (lots of Star Wars elements and other movies), so the movie might not seem fresh but noted that the first 15 min visulas alone were worth the price of admission.

MC and Rotten bashing it like anything too
Looks like CG setpieces are stellar but cast and plot sinked

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/valerian_and_the_city_of_a_thousand_planets/

I will still go to cinema for this
Could use some Enki bilal film too sometime in future

It also doesn’t help that Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevigne aren’t bankable stars

But it has Ethanhawke, Rihaana and cliveowen Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Fans getting cray, blackwashing continues with Domino being played by lead character as black afro Domino yeah no diversity agenda exists and wilco will throw another Reggie spin

Whats next black Batman or that character is too holy still or hey black cyclops or supes
or joker list goes on

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I draw the “ability over appearance” card. If they get the right actor to play the part and have the script to match, then I don’t care what the skin colour is. Heck, I don’t even care about the gender.
As long as the finished product is good, imo.

That’s a lot of ifs, though…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Death Wish remake by Eliroth with Bruce as lead

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Papers,Please the film

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Molly’s game

Jess looking and acting like a Pro
Could end up being next Julia roberts

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Short story linking upcoming film directed by Ridely’s son

Read the description in video too for more info

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Dark Tower bombed but Stephen King fans at least can lookl forward to other stuff

IT is getting good reviews and is looking to break aome box office records

Netflix is releasing an adaptation of Gerald’s Game

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lawrence is doing fine Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Alicia athleticism is very clumsy, should have hired stunt girl

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54z2ez

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

So they have basically made a movie of the reboot game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Great cast and sreenplay

Bonetomahawk was killer , so this cant suck even with Vince

Just the right B movie fix

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top