• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 01 October 2017 02:19 PM

Not when the vote itself is illegal. I’m not condoning the violence, but they needed to do it the right way.

When Scotland had it’s indepence referendum we had to ask the UK goverment for permission to hold it. We got permission, Catalan didn’t.

But the Spanish government needed to do it the right way too. Proclaim the referendum is illegal, announce that the results will get ignored regardless because of that and tell anyone thinking of voting that they’re wasting their time. And then let it happen peacefully, and ignore whatever outcome it gets.

The way they frantically tried to stop it, and the appalling violence on the day of the voting itself is just Spain shooting itself in the foot if you ask me…

SoccerDude28 - 02 October 2017 06:03 PM

So gut wrenching.  What effed up times we live in.

I just can’t get beyond the fact that one man can get his hands on an entire arsenal of assault rifles and sneak them into a hotel room…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

TimovieMan - 02 October 2017 06:30 PM

But the Spanish government needed to do it the right way too. Proclaim the referendum is illegal, announce that the results will get ignored regardless because of that and tell anyone thinking of voting that they’re wasting their time. And then let it happen peacefully, and ignore whatever outcome it gets.

The way they frantically tried to stop it, and the appalling violence on the day of the voting itself is just Spain shooting itself in the foot if you ask me…

Absolutely agree with this. Spain is living up to Catalan’s claims they are the bad guy and proving them right. If Catalan push on with an illegal referendum they are at fault. If Spain are prepared to harm their own citizens for merely trying to put an X in a box…

As Tim said, if they simply only ignore the result it gets forgotten reasonably quickly I suspect. By doing this they are guaranteeing the world’s interest in the outcome of this referendum and sympathy is going to be with Catalan.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just can’t get beyond the fact that one man can get his hands on an entire arsenal of assault rifles and sneak them into a hotel room…

The police said there was nothing that could have been done to prevent this from happening but I call bull on that. Why is anyone allowed to own that many guns? Also beyond a hand gun and a shot gun, why are people allowed to own assault rifles. The NRA is the strongest lobbyists in DC, and there is tons of money in selling firearms at the expense of human life.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 October 2017 01:52 PM

The police said there was nothing that could have been done to prevent this from happening but I call bull on that. The NRA is the strongest lobbyists in DC

It needs investigation , should be a disaster for Hotel PR, you cannot go through hotel main entries passing scanner can you?
Or that is also allowed?
Other wise he bribed someone definitely for another back door

Why is anyone allowed to own that many guns? Also beyond a hand gun and a shot gun, why are people allowed to own assault rifles

Nevada has most lenient gunlaws in US, doesnt help

and there is tons of money in selling firearms at the expense of human life

You can bet on it,

http://verifiedpolitics.com/stock-prices-gun-manufacturers-just-skyrocketed-vegas-massacre/

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And now Tom Petty died as well…

Another cool musician gone. Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 03 October 2017 02:14 PM

It needs investigation , should be a disaster for Hotel PR, you cannot go through hotel main entries passing scanner can you?

I don’t believe hotels in the US use scanners or metal detecters. From my visits to Europe, it dosn’t seem they use scanners or metal detecters there either. So it should be fairly easy to load a bag with guns and carry it to the room. Maybe after this incident, they will now introduce them to prevent this from happening again.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Intense Degree - 03 October 2017 03:34 AM
TimovieMan - 02 October 2017 06:30 PM

Absolutely agree with this. Spain is living up to Catalan’s claims they are the bad guy and proving them right. If Catalan push on with an illegal referendum they are at fault. If Spain are prepared to harm their own citizens for merely trying to put an X in a box…

As Tim said, if they simply only ignore the result it gets forgotten reasonably quickly I suspect. By doing this they are guaranteeing the world’s interest in the outcome of this referendum and sympathy is going to be with Catalan.

Yup. As I said too, the Spanish gov has broken EU law by taking this action and should really be thrown out for it. Not only does this look horrible for the Spanish gov, it also looks really bad on the EU for looking the other way.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This is sadly so true especially number 8

http://www.scarymommy.com/things-harder-obtain-than-guns/?utm_source=FB

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Nr. 2 is brilliant. How many kids die every year whilst playing with their parents’ gun? But hey, guns don’t kill people, right?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Eberhard van der Laan, the mayor of Amsterdam, has died last night due to lung cancer. The Netherlands are in mourning. He was the best mayor Amsterdam had in a long time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

So the Catalan president has come to the conclusion they should be their own state. What happens next will be interesting. A wrong move from the Spanish gov and EU should (probably won’t) cause a lot of political issues.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Luckily they have postponed the decision.

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

In a very odd choice, yes they have. This delay won’t last long though. The world is waiting to see what happens next.

Meanwhile, here in the UK the exit from the EU is going just as I expected; badly. More suggestions that leaving with no deal is an option and how we’ll be “fine”.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shame to Meryl and others , Hollywood is burning with each new victim opening up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top