• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

It’s all so much better with the TMNT theme song.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Watched a few of the new Simpsons episodes the other day. Yep, still bad. Their voices have changed due to the actors aging and they don’t sound the same and instead of copying the great formula from the 90s where they’d have a plot with jokes naturally flowing through it, they’ve gone with this weird joke heavy system.

The newer seasons start with a plot, then jump from bad joke to throw away joke regardless if it suits the character in question and then ends with little resolution to the story. *sigh*

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

I haven’t watched The Simpsons in a good long while. Definitely one of those shows that kept going far past its prime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I thought The Simpsons died about 10 years ago Gasp
I had no idea they still made the show.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, they’re on season 26 now and they’ve just signed a new deal with Fox to keep it going for at least another two seasons. It’s still a big name and brings in the money. It’s also thought off Family Guy etc and is still better (IMO) as Family Guy relies on shock comedy which became stale pretty quick.

To be fair, I’ve watched more now and there’s been some good ones. Marge opens a sandwich shop had me laughing and Bart’s new friend was decent too. The newer ones aren’t all bad, just not up their with the 90s ones. But, I suppose writers come and go and with a show going on this long, they’re bound to struggle every now and then.

It’s going to be tough now that Harry Shearer has left now mind. He won’t be in season 27 onwards and he voices loads of characters. Mr.Burns, Smithers, Seymour Skinner, Ned Flanders, Kent Brockman, Reverend Lovejoy, Dr.Hibbert, Lenny Leonard, Rainier Wolfcastle, Dr.Marvin Monroe and some minor others. They said they’re looking for a replacement…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Finished 3rd season of The Thick of It. Figured I’d need some warm up before they release all Veep season 4 episodes so I took the time to watch the original. Just as I thought, the British original isn’t quite as polished as its American equivalent in terms of story plots, but characters and jokes are much better. I don’t know why anyone would swap Malcolm Tucker for Jonad (pun intended)!? Jonad is a joke and complete waste of time in Veep. On the other hand, someone like Malcolm is entirely missed. His charisma is matched only by JLD, but challenged by no one else, not even the opposition. Frown

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Tad - 26 May 2015 01:15 PM

Yeah, they’re on season 26 now and they’ve just signed a new deal with Fox to keep it going for at least another two seasons. It’s still a big name and brings in the money. It’s also thought off Family Guy etc and is still better (IMO) as Family Guy relies on shock comedy which became stale pretty quick.

Yeah, I can never believe it when someone says they like Family Guy is (much) better. Especially after seeing that one (or rather two) South Park episode(s) where they go to the Family Guy writers’ room. After that the pattern is so obvious Grin

Anyways, the best animation always was Futurama Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

UPtimist - 27 May 2015 02:56 AM
Tad - 26 May 2015 01:15 PM

Yeah, I can never believe it when someone says they like Family Guy is (much) better. Especially after seeing that one (or rather two) South Park episode(s) where they go to the Family Guy writers’ room. After that the pattern is so obvious Grin

Yeah, Futurama works well as most of its world is flexible and can easily be changed to suit a story. Shame it’s had such a turbulent life really. South Park can be funny, but Family Guy and American Dad both went down the route of shocking which, as we’ve seen, isn’t sustainable.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yeah, I can never believe it when someone says they like Family Guy is (much) better.

But Family Guy IS better. Or at least it was during its first 6-7 seasons (and especially the first three). Ideally it should have ended after 6 seasons, The Simpsons after 10, but well, when have they ever stopped (and wrapped up - simply axing it doesn’t count) a series before it outstayed its welcome? (And Six Feet Under, The Wire, Deadwood and Battlestar Galactica don’t count. Tongue)

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Man, I miss Deadwood. Battlestar Galactica fizzled toward the end, but Deadwood was just consistently wonderful.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 27 May 2015 06:28 AM

Yeah, I can never believe it when someone says they like Family Guy is (much) better.

But Family Guy IS better. Or at least it was during its first 6-7 seasons (and especially the first three). Ideally it should have ended after 6 seasons, The Simpsons after 10, but well, when have they ever stopped (and wrapped up - simply axing it doesn’t count) a series before it outstayed its welcome? (And Six Feet Under, The Wire, Deadwood and Battlestar Galactica don’t count. Tongue)

Seinfeld

Battlestar didn’t overstay, but the final series and finale was so disappointing… Frown

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

We’ll resolve this like men:

Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This reminds that I still haven’t seen the new Futurama seasons after the revival.
The first 4 seasons are top animation but the movies after weren’t very good…

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

wilco - 27 May 2015 10:13 AM

This reminds that I still haven’t seen the new Futurama seasons after the revival.
The first 4 seasons are top animation but the movies after weren’t very good…

Me neither! I’m not sure where I could see them, though? And is there any place to see them for free, or are they all behind some subscription fee, like Netflix or such…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top