• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

A flood of such tweets would prove so…

(Edit): Let’s test the spoiler tags now.

Oh no. They’re not as good as before Meh

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

This made me LoL so bad! Grin

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

And now Attack of the Weiner Man

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey, anyone (two or more) want to have a completely pointless and silly argument? (nothing personal or nasty, obviously!)

Donuts in all their forms are disgusting. I hate their squidgy, doughy, sugary, jammy existence and I think that those soggy balls of filth are unfit for human consumption and should be subject to a worldwide ban.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I like your new avvie RLacey.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

I’m just curious to see if people who enjoy adventure games also tend to be avid readers. How many of you enjoy reading novels on a regular basis?

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

It’s starting to feel like these questions are leading up to something Grin

But seriously, I’d be surprised if most adventure gamers weren’t also avid readers. Takes a certain type of person and there’s a lot in common in what people like in them.

And just generally, adventure games are to games what books are to forms of entertainment Wink

(Edit): And yes, I do see myself as one who reads a lot Smile

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

J-Boo - 24 May 2012 03:06 PM

I’m just curious to see if people who enjoy adventure games also tend to be avid readers. How many of you enjoy reading novels on a regular basis?

Me! I always read before I go to sleep.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

J-Boo - 24 May 2012 03:06 PM

How many of you enjoy reading novels on a regular basis?

I used to, but these days it’s very irregular. (The only regularity is that I tend to buy new Terry Pratchett’s books when they come in paperback editions.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

UPtimist - 24 May 2012 04:52 PM

It’s starting to feel like these questions are leading up to something Grin

Just trying to generate some conversation Smile  Also, I have hardly anybody to talk about adventure games with in “real” life, so you guys are it! And so I was wondering what else we may have in common. I would absolutely love it if I could find a forum for people to discuss fiction novels, too.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Seriously, the Netherlands managed to both have a horrible song, and make fun of American culture all in one..

At least they didn’t go through.

The worst Eurovision song this year..

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh come on, to my horror I saw a lot of those songs last night and there were several songs straight from hell that’s how awful they were, at least she can somewhat sing and it isn’t some sort of incomprehensible pop/rock/techno mix with an N’Sync wannabe singer.

A lot of those did get through,I think…

Right now the only one I remember was Turkey, but there were several more. Oh, and Ukraine was complete rubbish too… Well, okay about all of them were rubbish like usual (I thought Bosnia&Herzegovina; was the only one that was decent enough to listen to), but those two (especially Turkey) and a couple more that I can’t remember really took the cake for “you have to be braindead to stand this”

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

She could not sing, there wasn’t a pure tone out of her the whole song!

At least Turkey was so stupid and awkward that it was amusing to watch. I named him “leather sailor with his bats”.. And Ukraine had to go through. We have to have one bad football song every year..

In other, quite unsettling news; my mom just sent me a text saying “not only does your grandmother have serious pneumonia, but your grandfather called me yesterday and told me he had been diagnosed with large intestine cancer. Hope they caught it early enough, just heard about two men who died of that recently.”

I realize she’s preoccupied with everything happening and it’s her parents, but I wish she’d given me a bit more info, or called me to talk about it. As it is I’m just getting two serious notices at the same time without any spesifics.. Frown

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

Why am I hungry for fried bread all the sudden?

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Aw, Panthera I hope everything turns out fine.

I don’t really know any adventure gamers irl. Back in the early nineties everybody played adventures and most of my friends are some kind of gamers so they know about some of the old Lucas and Sierra classics but don’t really have any idea about the adventure genre today.

I am a reader though I haven’t read much in the last years, because of my kids. No time, especially no quiet time. I spend my little time usually with games then, reading comes after that. But I am studying Library and Information Services and currently practicing in our city library. So I have a lot to do with fiction novels Smile.

And I am not following the Eurovision song contest. No time for that.

And I don’t like the actual donuts much, but I loooooove these sugar donuts we have here:

At the moment, having green lemon tea and chocolate cookie, yum.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top