• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelluckyloserTheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Spam and recapture

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Please please please take off the recapture and spam messages.

Pretty much every time I have posted in the Community Playthrough thread I have to go through a dance of being told my post was spam.

It happens when I try and preview a post and when I try to actually post it. It was annoying, but with the introduction of the recapture it is unusable. I have just spent the last 10 minutes going through a loop of clicking to prove I am not a robot, identifying parts of images and then finally still getting the same value judgement on my post anyway.

I won’t try and preview this post in the hope that it actually posts.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, I just can’t post at all in the CPT thread now, which is rather a shame as i’m meant to be leading it.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I will let CaliMonk know, Intense.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Sorry to hear this.. I’ve disabled the strict checking now, can you let me know if this works good for you again?

Spammers are getting more and more thorough and I had hopes the system we were using now wouldn’t cause issues for our users, but sadly they do, so back to the drawing board :-(

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I just got this message when I tried to post in the St Kotar thread:

Is there any information I can provide to help with the troubleshooting?

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Just tried again and it went through.  Thank you. Smile

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Sorry, missed replying to this.

I can post again now, but if I try and preview the post first and then submit it once I have read it it tells me it’s spam. Essentially, this always happens if I haven’t made a change to the post and sometimes when I have.

Thanks for trying to fight the spambots though!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I am now getting the spam messages, bigtime. I never got them before.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

:-(

I’ve removed this spam filter and this should no longer be an issue, really sorry to hear actual users got impacted by this. It’s a quite renowned spam service so I’m a bit surprised, but it never outweighs the blocking of actual users.

Ivo

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

CaliMonk - 14 September 2018 05:18 AM

:-(

I’ve removed this spam filter and this should no longer be an issue, really sorry to hear actual users got impacted by this. It’s a quite renowned spam service so I’m a bit surprised, but it never outweighs the blocking of actual users.

Ivo

Thanks, it seems to be better now.

Those pesky spambots Meh

On a side note, don’t you love how the spambots have posted a thread called “Most Advanced Drone Technology in the World to Spice your Adventure” just above our AI thread in Chit Chat? It’s almost like the robots are trying to prove us wrong Grin

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Let me know if this is still going fine, I have re-enabled a spam module but disabled it for forum posts. Did enable it for new registrations which should hopefully block some.

Now that the module is available, I’m going to try and write a custom module here to block them from posting, so bear with me. If you notice anything weird please let me know! :-)

Ivo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top