• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How many Lost Crown universe AGs had been released since our wait

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Honestly? Yes, nice people are entirely allowed to block and unfriend fans on twitter or facebook. Fans can tend to act like entitled jerks, as seen in the thread linked to there. Without an actual transcript I’d be hesitant to take the ‘All I did was ask’ guy at face value, and if you’ve been worn down by constant poking even a genuinely innocent query is easily misread as an attack.

If as you suggest the announced release date was a deliberate lie, have you any idea why someone would do that? It seems like something that could only lead to more ill-feeling. Surely much more likely they genuinely believed they could finish getting it ready for release by then, and for whatever reason that turned out to be overly optimistic.

There’s no excuse for deleting the negative posts from the forum history. You said ‘presumably’ Matt did that, though the later interaction was with the publisher. It’s possible it was him, in which case that was certainly wrong of him. But I’m still looking forward to the game, whenever it comes out.

(and thanks, Chrissie. It was a Father’s day present.)

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

Phlebas - 09 December 2019 06:55 AM
Blah - 07 December 2019 06:32 AM

Or just try finishing one game before starting another…

That sounds sensible, but I don’t think it’s as simple as that. They’re a small operation not backed by a big publisher - I get the impression they need to do the smaller games along the way so they can afford to develop the bigger ones.

But nothing gets released, as things initially said to be smaller games get expanded into big games, or left behind in favour of newer ideas…

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Phlebas - 09 December 2019 11:14 AM

Honestly? Yes, nice people are entirely allowed to block and unfriend fans on twitter or facebook. Fans can tend to act like entitled jerks, as seen in the thread linked to there. Without an actual transcript I’d be hesitant to take the ‘All I did was ask’ guy at face value, and if you’ve been worn down by constant poking even a genuinely innocent query is easily misread as an attack.

Yes. And impatient fans can be awful. I also get that meeting someone and liking them makes a difference emotionally. But like I said, nice people lie too. Matt Clark tweeted the game would be uploaded on 22 November. Everybody got excited. Nothing happened. Then he tweeted it would be next Monday. Nothing happened. That was 18 days ago and the rest is silence. The umpteenth disappointment for the fans. No wonder some of them turned sour.

If as you suggest the announced release date was a deliberate lie, have you any idea why someone would do that? It seems like something that could only lead to more ill-feeling. Surely much more likely they genuinely believed they could finish getting it ready for release by then, and for whatever reason that turned out to be overly optimistic.

It’s not only this particular release date. Do you realize how long the delays and empty assurances and broken promises have been going on? For more than 10 years! By both of them. A trailer for Barrow Hill 2 was released in 2010. We could preorder the game, which I did. One or two years later everybody got refunded by Iceberg. The Evil Publisher card has been played before but there’s no evidence of that. They don’t fund JB and MC’s games, so they have no power. They have to wait till the games are finished just like the rest of us.

Some of it, but only some of it, is certainly due to genuine optimism (when they chose to expand and expand some more and work on six or more games at the same time…), I’ll grant you that. But I’m sure you’ll agree that at best they are clearly incapable of learning from mistakes. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Don’t care about the delays. They have their reasons, I’m sure. Boakes is the man behind The Lost Crown. so I will buy his new game when it’s ready. Whenever.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

smulan - 13 December 2019 11:32 AM

Don’t care about the delays. They have their reasons, I’m sure. Boakes is the man behind The Lost Crown. so I will buy his new game when it’s ready. Whenever.

i had my reasons too why it took me double the time/years needed to finish my collage back then, and come to think of it i never really understood why my old man used to call me a loser all the time.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Advie - 14 December 2019 10:07 PM
smulan - 13 December 2019 11:32 AM

i had my reasons too why it took me double the time/years needed to finish my collage back then, and come to think of it i never really understood why my old man used to call me a loser all the time.

Collage? I’d be interested in seeing that!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Karlok - 10 December 2019 11:34 PM
Phlebas - 09 December 2019 11:14 AM

Yes. And impatient fans can be awful. I also get that meeting someone and liking them makes a difference emotionally. But like I said, nice people lie too. Matt Clark tweeted the game would be uploaded on 22 November. Everybody got excited. Nothing happened. Then he tweeted it would be next Monday. Nothing happened. That was 18 days ago and the rest is silence. The umpteenth disappointment for the fans. No wonder some of them turned sour.

After more missed release dates (this weekend, next weekend, solstice weekend) and more complaints about MC and JB in the Steam forums, I wanted to see if they would allow criticism on Facebook. No yelling, no namecalling, but my post was not friendly either. Nope. It was gone within 30(!) seconds. Smile I reposted it twice, same thing happened. So yes, I believe the guy who said “all I did was ask”. They didn’t pass my test and I will never buy another game by Darkling Room.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil was released today, and I’ve only played it for an hour but so far it’s a lot of fun.  You can see how much effort Matt and Jonathan have put into it, and this bodes well for future releases hopefully. 

http://www.shadowtor.com/store

Also available on Steam but I suggest using the above link and giving the devs 100% of the price of $15.  You get Jonathon Boakes first game and a spooky soundtrack for the game as bonuses.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Stonez - 02 January 2020 11:32 AM

Also available on Steam but I suggest using the above link and giving the devs 100% of the price of $15.  You get Jonathon Boakes first game and a spooky soundtrack for the game as bonuses.

The announcement for the release of Ghost Vigil posted at Gameboomers forum says purchasing from Shadow Tor includes a Steam key in addition to the DRM-free download, along with a few other extras like a soundtrack. The announcement also seems to indicate the Steam version won’t be released until next week, and the Steam keys won’t be available until then.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Downloading both games!

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Woo-Hoo!!!  Laughing

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

You won’t believe it, but there’s a demo now:
http://www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk/store/

Do you remember all the talk about how this one would have keyboard control? Forget that, it’s pure point & click.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

LittleRose - 12 May 2020 05:54 PM

You won’t believe it, but there’s a demo now:
http://www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk/store/

Do you remember all the talk about how this one would have keyboard control? Forget that, it’s pure point & click.

I don’t recall any talk of Blackenrock being keyboard controlled? As far as I know it was designed as a pure P&C just like the previous games. However, the demo of Silent Night was keyboard controlled maybe that is what you are thinking of?

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Maybe.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Can’t really blame anyone for getting confused.

But if it helps anyone, here’s Mr Boakes’ official chart of games in development:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top