• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Thank you Mr Underhill! I’ve been wanting to play this.

I got the top code.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

You’re very welcome Smile Post updated.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Thank you for the key! I got the second code.
Looking forward to play the game Smile

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2020-04-14

PM

Huge thank you from me too! Got the third code Smile

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Awesome! Will edit the post. Two to go!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve got the fourth code!

Massive thanks for this! For Kitteh!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Nice! One remaining!😁

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-07-01

PM

Got the last one!

Thank you so much!

(my first post, hi everyone)

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

And we’re done! Thanks all for participating, enjoy the game, and thanks again AdventureGamers community for all the support!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

How did I miss this

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

You can hear me rattle on about Gibbous and adventure games in general in the video below; apologies for the crappy audio, my gain was way too high and I hadn’t realized it. Whoops!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey adventurers, if you like gaming on the Switch, the Gibbous page just went up, you can wishlist the game. It’s coming October 28th, just in time for Hall🎃ween.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/gibbous-a-cthulhu-adventure-switch/

Stay safe & keep gaming!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 05 August 2021 08:22 AM

After the disaster of trying to play through the buggy mess that was gibbious. I will pass on this, good luck though.

That’s very surprising to read, what were you playing on? We are at 90% positive reviews overall and 100% in the past 30 days on Steam. We monitor every single bug report and have addressed everything. There were very few bugs at launch, and they have all been squashed. Can you explain what those bugs were?

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Mr Underhill - 05 August 2021 08:49 AM
Jdawg445 - 05 August 2021 08:22 AM

After the disaster of trying to play through the buggy mess that was gibbious. I will pass on this, good luck though.

That’s very surprising to read, what were you playing on? We are at 90% positive reviews overall and 100% in the past 30 days on Steam. We monitor every single bug report and have addressed everything. There were very few bugs at launch, and they have all been squashed. Can you explain what those bugs were?

Sure can, this is from a review i wrote on here.

Yeah this game is a buggy mess here’s what I found so far… characters constantly turning in a circle because the pathing is so bad after you click on an object, the character would walk there and spin in circles. the cursor not selecting what you actually selected, but something different. An example of this would be the attic in Paris with the pentagram puzzle, the cursor would not select what I told it to select and I had to restart that puzzle from an earlier save 10 times to get past it. the cutscenes not working at all, they would stutter and skip, so I had to go to YouTube to actually watch them.

I’m in the last chapter now and like I said the graphics are gorgeous, voice acting is good, the story is halfway decent but written sort of poorly with plot holes. But then again most games that are centered around Cthulhu are poorly written. The puzzle design is so simple that it is basically a walking simulator besides two puzzles that ramp up the difficulty out of nowhere. one of the 2 puzzle is halfway decent and well put together, while the other that I mentioned is so poorly hinted at what to do that it is near impossible to beat without a walkthrough at least to me, plus was a buggy mess. Heck even after I looked at the solution, it still didn’t make a lot of sense to me according to the hints that the developers gave in game.

Like I said there are parts of it that I absolutely love and they’re other parts that are just so amateurish that it’s crazy, that gibbous was released in this state.

If the game worked perfectly I probably would give it a 7 1/2 to an eight out of ten but as it is, I couldn’t give it more than a four to 5 out of ten, but I’m going to complete it tomorrow.

For the record I did beat the game and hated the ending and a lot of the meta humor didnt work for me and the fact that you would have the detective walk around the entire game without shoes on as some kind of strange joke, just didnt do it for me. There is obviously a lot of talent there all you have to do is look at the graphics and background art is beautifully animated but as a complete product it was a total misfire at least to me.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 05 August 2021 09:18 AM

characters constantly turning in a circle because the pathing is so bad after you click on an object, the character would walk there and spin in circles. the cursor not selecting what you actually selected, but something different. An example of this would be the attic in Paris with the pentagram puzzle, the cursor would not select what I told it to select and I had to restart that puzzle from an earlier save 10 times to get past it. the cutscenes not working at all, they would stutter and skip, so I had to go to YouTube to actually watch them.

I think we have very different definitions for what “buggy” means. Gibbous was made with Adventure Creator, which comes with its default pathing. Everything that you are describing = how Adventure Creator games work. Here’s a list of games that use AC. Unless they have done fancy custom work (most have not, I know this ‘cause I’ve discussed with some of the devs), pathing works the same for all of them. Upwards of 50,000 people have played the game without complaining about pathing issues. Those are not bugs.

Gibbous is a 2D game that is intense on resources. If cutscenes don’t work for you, or stutter, that’s most likely because your hardware isn’t up to the requirements. It’s a good idea to check those out before making any purchase.

Story and ending are subjective things. You may not like them, and that’s fine. Happens to all of us as gamers.

Had Gibbous had serious bugs it would be reflected in the thousands of user reviews. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We always read all our reviews and keep what players say in mind for our next game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top