• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Someone kindly told me that in order to get around the submarine in this game to not play the team mode.  so, I am doing the wits mode.  I need to follow some guy in a red hat.  but, he isn’t the servant that I asked to find the antiques dealer.  Do I follow the man in the red fez? The servant is so hard to follow, I only see him for a second on the screen. I didn’t realize what a hard game this is!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s a puzzle, not a test of skill.

Hint: If the man with the red fez is so easy to follow, maybe if the servant wore…

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I have tried several times to get the red hat from the fez wearing man but he won’t give it to me and now he isn’t even around.  I think I did the wrong dialogue path.  do I need to go to an old saved game?  Thanks!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

No, just go back to the shop, send the servant on his way again, and try again.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

mbday630 - 17 March 2016 06:05 PM

I have tried several times to get the red hat from the fez wearing man but he won’t give it to me and now he isn’t even around.  I think I did the wrong dialogue path.  do I need to go to an old saved game?  Thanks!

The only time you ever need to go to an old saved game is when you die and/or lose a fist fight. That’s not going to happen on the wits path until you reach the final section of the game (and even then, you can bribe some people, or you can just run). The only place where you can truly fail is in the very final dialogue of the game (and one puzzle just before that can lead to an unwinnable state - if you see lava: save!).

For now: rince and repeat until you figure out the dialogue puzzle and join in the fez-tivities. Tongue

Edit: can you not exit the Marketplace without sending the servant on his way?
That should save you some time in finding the guy with the red fez.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

mmm.. What do you mean there’s an unwinnable state ? this is my favorite game ever, won it at least 50 times, and never knew about this ! Could you please elaborate on how to make the game unwinnable ?

Thanks

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

When crossing the patches of lava right at the endgame in Atlantis, it is possible to get stuck, rendering the game unwinnable if you didn’t have an earlier save.

I’ve only encountered it twice in 25+ runs, but I have encountered it, and read that other people had it too.

It’s here:

You could end up on an isolated tile with no way of going forward and no way of going back.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

That’s weird, actually, I thought that was a random puzzle, until last year (I play the game once every year) I finally figured it out it’s not a random puzzle.

Basically, the tile that’s in front of the one you’re moving to, turns to lava. So the question is, is there some possible way to get trapped ?

With this algorithm, it’s impossible to get trapped in 1 tile, but maybe you could get trapped between 2 tiles ? We need some problem solving experts here =D

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top