• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hi coloberr, welcome to the forums. What a cool avatar you have there!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

TimovieMan - 01 August 2015 05:08 PM

Have you taken a look at some of the German developers? Daedalic for instance?

Not yet. I remember reading about Deponia when it was released and I always meant to check it out. They seem to have released a lot of games up until today though… The Whispered World looks pretty promising! I will probably give it a try as soon as I have finished BS and The Cat Lady.

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

tsa - 01 August 2015 05:24 PM

Hi coloberr, welcome to the forums. What a cool avatar you have there!

Thanks. Ditto. Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

coloberr - 01 August 2015 04:03 PM

Being a filmmaker myself I am really interested in the possibilities well-designed adventure games offer for storytelling.

You might enjoy Telltale’s more recent games, like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Wolf Among Us, although many people don’t consider them adventure games. Or Her Story by Sam Barlow.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

Karlok - 02 August 2015 04:37 AM

You might enjoy Telltale’s more recent games, like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Wolf Among Us, although many people don’t consider them adventure games. Or Her Story by Sam Barlow.

Yeah, I already looked into The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead. To me they seem more like interactive comic books though (which is by no means a bad thing, just not what I am looking for at the moment).
I will check out Her Story as it looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the tipp! Smile

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Hello I am Josh and from georgia, I am married with two kids. My first passion is movies, with video games coming in a very very close second.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 09 August 2015 09:48 PM

Hello I am Josh and from georgia, I am married with two kids. My first passion is movies, with video games coming in a very very close second.

Hi Josh, I’m Timothy and I’m from Belgium, but other than that the description is surprisingly similar. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

TimovieMan - 10 August 2015 06:44 AM
Jdawg445 - 09 August 2015 09:48 PM

Hi Josh, I’m Timothy and I’m from Belgium, but other than that the description is surprisingly similar. Tongue

thanks for the kind words

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2015-08-12

PM

Hey Folks!

I am a Polish-American, Game and Web Developer working on my 2nd title now! I occasionally work as a Cinematographer too. I love traveling; I learned to use chopsticks in japan, began jaywalking like crazy in India, and almost stole a sheep in North Ireland. I love learning about different cultures, psychology, and how people tick. Also, I really like biking!

Pleasure to meet y’all Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Koobazaur - 13 August 2015 02:41 AM

working on my 2nd title now!

Welcome!

What’s the first title?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2015-08-12

PM

It was Postmortem: one must die Smile

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

Not EXACTLY new, just haven’t been here in a very, very long time!  I am LadyKestrel’s partner in crime in administering another gaming website and she always talks so fondly of AG, so thought I’d come back and see what’s going on!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, with Lady Kestrel as a reference you are most welcome! Cool

Soon you’ll be talking just as fondly of AG… Wink Grin

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

I’m sure I will, TimovieMan!  I am slowly testing older CD and DVD games on Windows 10 for GB and MM and would be glad to share the post here too if that’s acceptable.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nice to see you on the site Draclvr. I thought I had logged into MM for a sec.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top