• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I make music

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Trumgottist - 16 June 2012 08:13 AM

Lee: The link doesn’t work. This new forum can’t cope with spaces in URLs - I suspect that’s the reason. Remove any spaces from the file name, and it’ll work.

Drat. I’ll have to do something about that in a bit.
LAST CALL REMIX

Trumgottist - 16 June 2012 08:13 AM

Thanks! (And if you do have a song that could use some horns, I’d be happy to lay down a track for you.)

I’ll keep you in mind.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

nice tunes guys. @trumgottist - your stuff sound like an adventure score, which made me smile Smile

here’s something from me

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Might as well join in Smile

Here’s a tune I’ve been playing for years. It was recorded last autumn when I had some recording equipment on loan for a very short time - hence I didn’t have time to polish it and so it’s full of mistakes and very rough sounds and the quality is bad etcetera. If I were to really play it, it’d be much better, but this gets the point across, even if I cringe quite a few times listening to it.

It doesn’t really have a proper name, so sorry Tongue
http://kiwi6.com/file/7492ha8004

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Uptimist: Not sure my computer will allow me to hear that file, as my virus protection program decided to flag the page as having a trojan. *sigh*

badlemon: I didn’t get a chance to play the whole piece, but it’s nice. Sounds like soundtrack music, for those who have seen movies old enough to have soundtracks in that style.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Lee in Limbo - 21 June 2012 11:28 AM

Uptimist: Not sure my computer will allow me to hear that file, as my virus protection program decided to flag the page as having a trojan. *sigh*

Well, if you have an idea about where I can upload it without registering (and doesn’t get flagged as trojan Tongue), let me know and I’ll upload there Smile

And if it can be streamed, even better (I guess that site only allows mp3s to be streamed or something)

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

badlemon - 21 June 2012 06:04 AM

nice tunes guys. @trumgottist - your stuff sound like an adventure score, which made me smile Smile

Thanks!

here’s something from me

That was an unexpected combination of things, but it sort of works. Nice!

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

The big downside to jamming alone is that an instrument that’s already recorded can’t react to what the instrument I’m currently playing is doing. That said, I have recorded a pretty nice groove on a sousaphone, so what I’m currently recording could turn out fun. I’ll upload it when I’m done (either later today, or tomorrow). Now I’ll record the trumpet…

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Aaand here it is: Dance!. Most people here should recognise the melody. Wink

You may also notice the problem I mentioned in my earlier post: This music wasn’t arranged before I started recording (all I did before setting up the computer was finding the bass groove), and I’ve simply added one instrument at the time. With some tracks, I did a couple of takes before moving on, but I haven’t done any cutting in it. Each track in the mix is a complete and unaltered take. (The order I recorded the instruments is: Sousaphone (a small one in Eb), bass drum, tambourine, trumpet, trombone, clarinet.)

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

UPtimist - 21 June 2012 11:31 AM
Lee in Limbo - 21 June 2012 11:28 AM

Well, if you have an idea about where I can upload it without registering (and doesn’t get flagged as trojan Tongue), let me know and I’ll upload there Smile

And if it can be streamed, even better (I guess that site only allows mp3s to be streamed or something)

Up, have you tried SoundCloud.com? I use them for streaming music for free, and they’re good. You have a limit, but the limit is something like an hour or more of music, so, not bad for our uses. Give them a try, and add me to your list while you’re at it. you can go HERE to check out my latest number, also uploaded to Soundcloud.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Etcetera Thesis - One Up On You
Here’s my latest song remix. These remixes are starting to get better and better as I go through the list to finalize thee album, and I haven’t even gotten my buddy David involved yet.

Anyway, enjoy.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I’ve nearly finished remixing all of the tracks that are remixable for my album. Still ahve two tracks I need to rerecord completely and a few tracks that need parts rerecorded to fix them up, but I’m approaching the finish line. then I’ll have my buddy give it a going over from the mixing desk and see if we can’t get it all to sound cohesive.

OLD MAN SATURN

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2004-08-05

PM

My old band, that ceased to exist a couple of months ago:

http://open.spotify.com/album/0KhGI5QiZg9QOoi4p1pTto

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I’m stooping to subterfuge to post new songs, because I ran out of room on my Soundcloud account. Here’s a song written by my buddy Gary and my wife, Dawn: Dos Services

And before anyone asks, yes, Richard is the name of the character loosely based on myself, from my novel, Terminal Monday.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Lee in Limbo - 11 August 2012 07:54 PM

I’m stooping to subterfuge to post new songs, because I ran out of room on my Soundcloud account. Here’s a song written by my buddy Gary and my wife, Dawn: Dos Services

And before anyone asks, yes, Richard is the name of the character loosely based on myself, from my novel, Terminal Monday.

The kinggggggggggggggg of limbooooooooo!

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

This is a rough rehearsal of a song I wrote several years ago, called ‘Why Do I Do These Things?’. It has lyrics, but I haven’t been feeling too good about them of late, so I may rewrite them before I do any more work on the song itself. For the moment, it’s just an acoustic 12-string number.

And this is an instrumental riff I’ve been trying to finish for years; the title is just a working title, because I have plans to write a song about the fictional country depicted in the Marx Brothers’ Duck Soup.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top