• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three Questions

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TimovieMan -

1. Toilet paper on the holder: do you roll from over or under the roll?
2. When using toilet paper: do you scrunch it or fold it?
3. Do you reach to wipe from the right, from the left or from underneath?

1. Over is the only correct way, imo. In fact, I’ll flip the roll if it’s the wrong way around, even in other people’s houses… Tongue
2. I fold them.
3. I reach from the right, which I suppose is what most right-handed people do.

Lady Kestrel -

1. What beverage do you enjoy the most at the moment?
2. What food do you enjoy the most at the moment?
3. What do you eat/drink too much of at the moment?

1. Lipton Ice Tea (as usual)
2. My self-made spaghetti sauce, which I braggingly call “AwesomeSauce”. Cool
3. Dried sausages.

Diego -

1. Do you wear any piece of clothes that could be considered unisex apparel?
2. How would you dress for Adventure Gamers Forums meetup?
3. Just when you decided to buy a new pair of fabulous shoes you’ve had an eye on for some time, they’re sold out. Do you:
a) buy similar shoes
b) spend money on beer
c) do nothing
d) other (please elaborate)

1. Probaby not, as the macho in me steers clear of them. The exception being when I’m carrying Zoë‘s diaper bag.
2. Comfy jeans, and a t-shirt under an (open) shirt. Which is more or less what I wore last summer in Germany. I’d wear better walking shoes the next time, though. Tongue
3. a) because I can’t be bothered, and d) because the situation wouldn’t really occur - I’d either have bought them on the spot when I first saw them, or I wouldn’t have seen them in the first place (I only look for clothes and shoes when I actually need some, not much of a window shopper otherwise)...

Lady Kestrel -

1.  What book have you read and enjoyed lately?
2.  What tv show have you watched and enjoyed lately?
3.  Do you spend more time reading or watching tv?

1. None. Been nearly two years since I last picked up a book to read…
2. I’m really liking the current Flemish show “Marsman” (which is halfway through its first and probably only season), and I’ve grown fond of Doctor Who these last few months (a Flemish TV station is broadcasting Matt Smith episodes from two-three years back).
3. That would be watching TV. Reading has taken a serious backdrop these last couple of years…

Let’s keep these last questions.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lady Kestrel -

1. I just finished The Know It-All by A.J. Jacobs, a book about the author’s quest to read the whole Encyclopaedia Brittannica. He portrays himself as a bit naïve, thinking that he will be very smart after having read the whole thing, which has 390000 entries and I forgot how many millions of words. It’s very funny, sometimes profound, such as when he talks about his father or the troubles he and his wife go through trying to get pregnant, and you learn some interesting facts along the way.
2. Wheeler Dealers, in which they fixed up a Citroën 2CV.
3. I have the TV on more I think but I often don’t even watch it.

8<—————-

1. Name one thing you have been pondering for a long time now.
2. Do you realize that most of the atoms in your body were made in stars more than 4.5 billion years ago?
3. How would you describe the color green to a blind person?

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

tsa - 28 April 2014 08:03 AM

8<—————-

2. Do you realize that most of the atoms in your body were made in stars more than 4.5 billion years ago?

1. Whether I should throw a big party on my 50th birthday or just go away to some interesting city in Europe with Mr J.
2. No I never thought about that. So I’m star quality then? Smile
3. I’d have the person smell some freshly mowed grass and tell him that’s the colour green. Grin

————————————

1. Name one thing you’ve been avoiding for a long time now and why you’ve avoided it.
2. What are your plans for the weekend?
3. What do you really need to buy as soon as possible?

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 29 April 2014 02:33 PM

1. Whether I should throw a big party on my 50th birthday or just go away to some interesting city in Europe with Mr J.

Come to Enschede! Very interesting city Tongue

2. No I never thought about that. So I’m star quality then? Smile

Yes Smile

3. I’d have the person smell some freshly mowed grass and tell him that’s the colour green. Grin

That’s a very smart answer! Thumbs Up

————————————

1. Name one thing you’ve been avoiding for a long time now and why you’ve avoided it.

1. That’s too personal for the internet Tongue
2. My friend will be here on Saturday, and I will go see the tractor pulling in Saasveld on Sunday.
3. A new door mat. I want one for outside now because my new carpet is just too beautiful for a door mat Smile. So I will do some shopping tomorrow!

8<——-

I’ll let Jelena’s questions stand for now. Feel free to answer them.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Playing Grim Fandango. Didn’t find the beginning particularly interesting back then. Tongue

There’s Night of Museums during the next weekend. Tongue

You’ve just reminded me - Iron Maiden concert ticket. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I’m only going to do this once:

TimovieMan - 25 March 2014 05:55 PM

*thread necromancy*

I was going to suggest the same three questions again, but I don’t want to kill the thread again. Grin
Here’s three (lighter) new ones:

1. Who is your favourite TV presenter?
2. How often do you still watch “live TV” (as in: at the actual moment of broadcast, not recorded to watch afterwards, not even with a 10-minute delay to fast-forward commercial breaks)?
3. Where were you when you first heard the news about the 9/11 World Trade Center attack?

1. Stephen Fry on QI and various documentaries.
2. None.
3. Harpo/Giraffe Beverages, in the warehouse, packing soda pop and orange juice or something like that.

Jelena - 20 April 2014 05:54 PM

1. What languages do you speak fluently or fairly well? (so you can get around as a tourist)
2. What language would you like to learn and why?
3. What language do you find most ugly?

1. English. My high school French is withering, and I never learned any other languages properly.
2. I ‘ve always wanted to travel through Europe, but without at least the major languages, I’d always feel like I was missing most of the show.
3. I don’t. I just find them baffling.

TimovieMan - 21 April 2014 12:32 AM

How about some lowbrow questions about toilet paper? Tongue

1. Toilet paper on the holder: do you roll from over or under the roll?
2. When using toilet paper: do you scrunch it or fold it?
3. Do you reach to wipe from the right, from the left or from underneath?

1. Under. It’s relatively child-proof.
2. Fold.
3. Right.

Now that we have the TP TMI out of the way…

Jelena - 22 April 2014 05:07 PM

1. What beverage do you enjoy the most at the moment?
2. What food do you enjoy the most at the moment?
3. What do you eat/drink too much of at the moment?

1. Single Malt Scotch, the older the better.
2. My wife’s lasagna, which we haven’t had in a while… *sniff*
3. Carbonated soda pop, but I’m cutting down, partly because I’m broke, but mostly because I just had my teeth cleaned, and I’m trying to be good.

diego - 22 April 2014 06:16 PM

1. Do you wear any piece of clothes that could be considered unisex apparel?
2. How would you dress for Adventure Gamers Forums meetup?
3. Just when you decided to buy a new pair of fabulous shoes you’ve had an eye on for some time, they’re sold out. Do you:

a) buy similar shoes
b) spend money on beer
c) do nothing
d) other (please elaborate)

1. I used to like wearing long art print jackets and sweaters from my mother’s closet in the 80s. These days, not really.
2. Sweat pants and a tee shirt? Nah, I’d probably try to shrug my way into some jeans and one of my nicer button-up summer shirts. Maybe the black silken one.
3. I hate shoe shopping: I do it about once every year and a half, and I do it quickly and cheaply.

Lady Kestrel - 22 April 2014 09:22 PM

1. I completed The Fry Chronicles recently. Good book.
2. The most recent programme I really enjoyed was Neil deGrasse Tyson’s new Cosmos series.
3. I spend most of my time on the computer or at the drawing table, these days, but I do watch more television programming (from the internet) than I do reading, because I have a terrible problem with reading these days; I fall asleep.

tsa - 28 April 2014 08:03 AM

1. Polyamory.
2. Yup. Great news, huh?
3. I would hand them a piece of broccoli, like I saw in a late 80s teen romance movie. Probably wouldn’t work, but that’s what I’d do.

1. Moving. It’s expensive, and I’ve been living in the same building for 21 years now, so my rent is ridiculously cheap for this area.
2. Depends… what are you doing? Wink But seriously, I’ll probably be working.
3. Glenfiddich 15 year old Solera Reserve. It’s not the finest scotch in existence, but it’s the nicest one I’ve had so far.

Okay, thread killer that I apparently am, I shall endeavour to ask something that won’t scare everyone off. Therefore, I will refrain from asking about Teh Sexxorz. *hrumph*

1) What’s the hardest work project you’ve ever completed.
2) What’s the toughest thing you ever had to tell someone you love? (You can hold back on the details if it’s too sensitive)
3) What’s the meanest thing anyone ever did to you? (You can share how you got even if you so choose)

BONUS Questions:
SEX!
a) Did reading that make you feel uncomfortable?
b) Why (or why not)?

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Lee in Limbo - 18 June 2014 06:51 PM

2) What’s the toughest thing you ever had to tell someone you love? (You can hold back on the details if it’s too sensitive)
3) What’s the meanest thing anyone ever did to you? (You can share how you got even if you so choose)

BONUS Questions:
SEX!
b) Why (or why not)?

1. I’ve never worked in projects, but in one of the hardest cases we’ve had on my squad I managed to find/track down a witness, who was unwilling to give evidence and persuade him to attend the hearing through a video conference from the country he was hiding in. The police didn’t have a clue where he was, but I used facebook and contacted one of his relatives who put me in contact with him. Voila! Smile
2. My father in law died while he was in Greece on vacation. And I had to tell my husband about it since he was at work when the police came to our home to tell us the bad news.
3. Must have been something when I was a teenager. I don’t dwell on such things.

Bonus answers
a. Reading what? the word sex?
b. Nope, not uncomfortable. I do it all the time.

————-
1. What the best part about summer?
2. What’s the worst part of vacation?
3. Describe your dream vacation in three words.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Jelena - 19 June 2014 01:52 PM

1. Air Conditioning? Lovely people in very little clothing? Actually, I’d have to say summer rock festivals, when I can afford to attend them.
2. The fact that I never get to go on vacations?
3. Tour The World.

Same questions.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Jelena - 19 June 2014 01:52 PM

1. Shorts! When the sun comes out I do enjoy wearing shorts instead of trousers, but then I tend to persevere with them throughout the summer months, even on colder days but still summer=shorts! Wink

2. The last day or two of work before you go. Mountains to get through and it just feels like it isn’t even worth going sometimes. All better and forgotten when you actually go though obviously!

3. Time for me. Because I am selfish!

New Q’s

1. I recently went on my brother’s Stag Do (Bachelor party? is that what the American is?) and it was cool but very different from mine. (His 3 nights in Ibiza, mine 3 nights on a narrow boat on the Norfolk Broads since you asked! Wink) What is the best stag do/hen do you have been on OR what was yours OR what would you like to do for yours.

2. When you go on holiday do you take a laptop or any other gaming convenience of choice?

3. What do you want from a holiday, lazy days by beaches or pools, cultural sightseeing, activity etc.?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Intense Degree - 13 August 2014 12:39 PM

1. I recently went on my brother’s Stag Do (Bachelor party? is that what the American is?) and it was cool but very different from mine. (His 3 nights in Ibiza, mine 3 nights on a narrow boat on the Norfolk Broads since you asked! Wink) What is the best stag do/hen do you have been on OR what was yours OR what would you like to do for yours.

2. When you go on holiday do you take a laptop or any other gaming convenience of choice?

3. What do you want from a holiday, lazy days by beaches or pools, cultural sightseeing, activity etc.?

1.I didn’t have a stag party. The best one I’ve ever attended was probably my friend Scott Mitchell’s. I wish I could say what I liked about it, other than that I liked a number of the people, so it was a pretty good time.
2. Holiday? The last ‘holiday’ I went on was a working holiday to Peter’s cottage, and I did take a laptop to that.
3. Cultural sightseeing and a mystery to solve.

It’s autumn, so I suspect it’s time for new questions.

1) Do you live in a city that is divided into discernible neighbourhoods?
2) Does your neighbourhood (riding, county, district, etc…) have a community association of any kind?
3) Do you take part in your local neighbourhoods activities and/or politics?

Bonus question:
Would you like to own one of my new buttons?

Image Attachments

IMG_0185-14sml.jpg

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Squinky - 09 August 2012 12:12 AM
tsa - 03 August 2012 02:36 AM

1. What is your sex?
2. What is your gender?
3. How do you feel about extravaganzas like the Gay Pride in Amsterdam? Do the help or hurt the acceptance of gays and lesbians (and everything in between)?

1. Female, and I’m mostly okay with that.
2. Time lord?
3. Well, Straight Pride seems to have been helping the acceptance of heterosexuals for quite some time now…

Lee in Limbo - 08 August 2012 07:08 AM

A) If you could be any kind of creature in the world, or in fantasy and fiction, what would you want to be?
B) If you could be said creature, what do you suppose your friends would think?
C) What do you suppose your parents would say?

1. A time lord.
2. They’d probably think it was cool, but I don’t know how many of them would actually want to ride in my TARDIS.
3. Probably nothing, unless and until I regenerate.

—-

1. If you could change your sex inexpensively, painlessly, and reversibly, would you?
2. If you and your pet (if you don’t have a pet, pretend you do) switched bodies, do you think your pet would do a better job at being you than you would?
3. Cars that drive themselves: practical or scary?

1. No, I don’t feel the need for that.
2. I have no freaking clue Grin.
3. More practical than scary Smile.

Okay, my turn:

1. If you had a chance to go on a deserted island for a time period of one year, would you go? You can bring anything you like, but you would be by yourself and wouldn’t be able to communicate with anyone.
2. Would you trade your pet for 1000 000 000 $?
3. Would you have the guts to travel to the Moon in 1969, despite 50/50 chances of survival?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa -

1. Going to a sleep lab for a polysomnography to find out if my snoring is related to sleep apnea (or if I just need to lose weight).

2. Yeah, ain’t it cool? Cool

3. How about the feel of grass beneath your feet?

Jelena -

1. Asking for a pay raise at work, because sales have been slow for a while now and that put the boss in a permanent foul mood.

2. Mrs. MovieMan is working on Saturday, so I’ll be entertaining Zoë for most of the day (and doing some cleaning during her naps). We’re going to the future TimovieBoy’s godmother for dinner on Saturday evening, and on Sunday Zoë‘s godmother is coming over in the afternoon…

3. Can’t think of anything so I’m going to say “clumping kitty litter box filler”. I’m buying some tonight. I should have had some yesterday, really, so the litter boxes are not going to be as clean as usual… Meh

Lee in Limbo -

BONUS Questions:
SEX!
b) Why (or why not)?

1. I have a tendency to not finish hard projects, and at work, none of them are overly challenging… Tongue
Perhaps the hardest was the coordination between our warehouse, our tube laser department, logistics, management and our client when I was in charge of the entire administrative process of lasering a couple thousand tons of steel tubes for the roof construction of the Nice Allianz Riviera stadium.

2. Telling my mom that I made a mockery of an entire exam period and was going to have to redo my second year in college. Because I knew how utterly disappointed she was going to be.

3. Evil corporate bank politics. When Mrs. MovieMan and me were buying our house, the then-still-future-Mrs. MovieMan was still in university and considered unemployed, which meant I had to get my parents as guarantee to obtain our loan. The bank manager assured me that obtaining the loan would be a mere formality for the main office and that we could go ahead and sign the sales agreement. The way things work here is that, when you do that, you make an advance payment, and then have two weeks to secure the rest of the money via the bank (or risk getting it annulled and losing your advance). Then out of the blue the bank’s main office states that they can’t grant us the loan unless they get a portion of my parents’ house as additional guarantee - basically holding our advance payment (20K!) “hostage” to obtain this. Outraged, I went to all banks (that couldn’t quite match the same loan terms) again, with a “match this within a week and it’s yours” proposal, and got that (without the need for my parents to put their house at stake should things go awry in the future). And not only that but I completely switched accounts to that bank, if only to flip off that bank manager further. Not getting the loan with 20K at stake felt like being backstabbed by corporate politics, and caused a lot of stress that week. Being able to tell them to suck it felt *really* good after that. As did hanging up on the bank manager mid-sentence. Tongue

Bonus:
a) Not at all.
b) I don’t see why reading that should make anyone feel uncomfortable. Don’t be so prude. Tongue

Jelena -

1. The largest vacation of the year is in it.
2. It ends. Meh
3. Relaxation meets culture.

Intense Degree -

1. The best one was for friends earlier this year. The men and women had a combined activity in the morning, Bubble Football (which is tiring but loads of fun), and then we split up afterwards. The men went for some delicious fries at noon, we went paintballing in the afternoon, and then spaghetti and bowling in the evening. Lots of fun was had.
I never had a stag do / bachelor party myself, because I flat out refused one. The one who would organise it would have undoubtedly picked a titty bar to spend the evening at, which is a way more suiting activity for him than for me. Instead I stayed at home during Mrs. MovieMan’s bachelorette party and played King’s Quest V. Lots of fun was had. Tongue
I used a walkthrough to avoid it becoming frustrating.

2. I preferably take the laptop but it depends on the wi-fi capabilities. Without solid internet access, I don’t bother. I always bring my (3)DS, though.

3. All of the above. Some activity (hiking in the mountains is always nice), some cultural sightseeing and some lazy days of doing nothing by a pool. It’s the ideal mix, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lee in Limbo -

1) Do you live in a city that is divided into discernible neighbourhoods?
2) Does your neighbourhood (riding, county, district, etc…) have a community association of any kind?
3) Do you take part in your local neighbourhoods activities and/or politics?

Bonus question:
Would you like to own one of my new buttons?

1. Not really. There’s one decidedly richer neighbourhood, but it’s only a couple of blocks in size. That’s it, mostly.

2. Apart from social groups and sports clubs and the likes? Not that I know of.
Let me get this straight, you’re referring to things like a neighbourhood watch and the likes, no? In that case, not that I know of.

3. I used to, in my college years. Mostly sports-related: I was the secretary, interclub manager and youth manager at the local table tennis club, as well as the sports hall’s representative in the City Sports Council (representing the intrests of about 30 clubs, not that any of them ever actually needed representation - it basically boiled down to attending a monthly meeting and drinking on the house that evening Grin).

Bonus:
Nah, I never wear buttons, and if I did it would probably be as a statement, not a Jackson Pollock button. Sorry.
They’re quite nice, though. In a Jackson Pollocky way. Smile

nickherc -

1. If you had a chance to go on a deserted island for a time period of one year, would you go? You can bring anything you like, but you would be by yourself and wouldn’t be able to communicate with anyone.
3. Would you have the guts to travel to the Moon in 1969, despite 50/50 chances of survival?

1. No communication with anyone? No. Just no.

2. For that kind of money, yes. Instant get-out-of-work card. The money will help me get over the guilt. Tongue

3. Nope. I don’t like 50/50 odds when my life is at stake.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

nickherc - 02 December 2014 04:08 AM

1. No way I will sit on a stupid island my own for a whole year.
2. That depends on the terms and conditions.
3. Yes! That is the coolest thing mankind has ever done! Of course I would go there!

8<——

1. What was that grotto thing Plato came up with again? In your own words please!
2. What’s the worst thing about your pet?
3. How many words have you written in your life?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 02 January 2015 01:01 PM

1. What was that grotto thing Plato came up with again? In your own words please!
2. What’s the worst thing about your pet?
3. How many words have you written in your life?

1. A cool black guy comes and tells you that you a Duracell battery and that your life is a scam. You swallow the blue pill and get shown the “Real World”, dragged screaming from your reality only to retun later with Kung Fu Skills and Super powers and rescue others from the cave. (Who know Plato could kick ass)

Then you make 2 more movies and cock the whole thing up.

2. He/she doesn’t exist. There is no Spoon/Pet.

3. None i’ve never used my fingers before.

—————————————————————————————————————

1. What’s one area of yourlife that you can focus on to help live more fully?

2. How do you want to evolve this year?

3. What’s the one thing you need to do, but it scares you?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top