• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The photo thread

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

these are not the greatest pics, they are done with my phone. Here is my mini vacation hiking trips.
First Mother Neff State Park

And Cameron Park

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Great pics rlpw. I really like the rock formation from Cameron park! I could use it on my laptop desktop. Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Here are some photos that I took very recently, in blazing 33ºC weather. The Great Blue Heron sculpture, by local artist Ted Goodden, is installed at a downtown street corner, the site of a condominium complex.

A closer shot of the stained glass piece:

The heron sculpture is positioned in such a way that, on the summer solstice, the sunlight shines through the stained glass piece and the colours fall on this engraving on the sidewalk… Nifty, isn’t it? Grin

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Nice! I guess you have to be there at a specific time to see that.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I love art that plays with light! And that does it with such a cool way, too Smile

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

That is very interesting!

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

tsa - 22 June 2012 03:10 AM

Nice! I guess you have to be there at a specific time to see that.

There’s an information plaque about the sculpture on the side of the condo building that mentions the solstice and the precise time that the light effect is supposed to occur, 1:25 pm EDT. This sculpture is probably one of the city’s best kept secrets, as only a handful of people besides me were there with cameras waiting for the coloured light to gradually move onto the engraved disc. (There are also two smaller discs that mark the spring and autumn equinoxes.) It’d be cool if the discs and the way the coloured light fell on them were secret clues to a hidden treasure… sort of like in a Broken Sword game! Wink

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-06-21

PM

Trunkyo - 22 June 2012 09:34 PM

It’d be cool if the discs and the way the coloured light fell on them were secret clues to a hidden treasure… sort of like in a Broken Sword game! Wink

Ha, or like Indy in the Map Room!  That’d be weird, though.  Completely normal staff of Ra, Lawrence of Arabia-like clothes just like in the movie, except the headpiece is a really gaudy and brightly colored stained glass circle he just snapped off of this heron statue.  =P

“It’s like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!”

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Some pics from my holidays

The caravan site from the back of the park

A WWII pill box which was along the cliff from the site

A view of the cliff

On the Sunday we decided to go into Scarborough. It was a decent day and because of the Olympic Torch procession, a lot of things were free that day.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Scarborogh seafront is down a steep hill from the city centre so getting back up is fun

Of course it wouldn’t be an English beach without a donkey ride.

MINE

The RNLI getting a workout even though the sea was perfectly calm

We stayed in the centre for lunch so that we could see the Olympic Torch (Even though I already saw it in Edinburgh, the rest of the family hadn’t seen it.)

Finally we headed along the seafront to go to a park I remembered from when I was here as a kid.
We took the kids on for a swan ride

Then wandered the oriental looking park.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The next day we went to Flamingo Land which is a Theme park with a Zoo

Not quite Disney

We went on a few of the bigger coaster rides and a lot of the kiddie ones with the neices and nephews.

Before visiting the zoo area

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Lookin’ good! Smile Just wanted to ask about this though:

What are those ruins (or something that looks like ruins) on the hill?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Most of the weeks weather was fine and sunny with a few clouds, but Wednesday was a cracker of a day and it was all downhill from there.

Wednesday we packed up and walked down the steep hill to the beach at the bottom of the cliff. Took all the kids toys, lots of food, towels, wetsuits, inflatable canoes etc etc and spent the entire day on the beach. Spent most of it chasing the kids in and out of the water as they boogie boarded or hunted for sand eels or generally played their favourite game of soak the uncle.

It was a glorious day.

Unfortuntly Thursday was my B-day and it was torrential rain from morning to night. Spent most of the day in the caravan sites entertainment club playing pool, darts, playing in the arcade etc while the kids made use of the activities set aside for them. They went fancing and archery or went into the show bar like we did most nights where the staff put on game etc or brought out the costumed characters and put on a show.

They went into the swimming pool, but the outdoor lazy river was closed due to the rain. We ended up the day with dinner in the resteraunt followed by Chocolate cake.

Friday the weather was just as bad so we drove to Hull and went into The Deep a fun aquarium.

We had a fun day in there.

So Sat we droove home and now the holiday is over Cry

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

UPtimist - 24 June 2012 05:31 AM

Lookin’ good! Smile Just wanted to ask about this though:

What are those ruins (or something that looks like ruins) on the hill?

That is Scarborough Castle unfortunatly never got a chance to go up to it.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

Trunk - I love the pictures - I love stained glass. Its one of my favorite things to look at.  Can I borrow one of them for my desk top ?  Please Grin

Lucien21 - Love the pics. My favorites are of the animals at the park Smile

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top