• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your latest splurges!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 23 August 2013 12:37 PM

Edit: whoops, scratch that. I’m thinking of the wrong model. It’s not that one that’s made in Genk…  Sealed Lips

Hasn’t that factory been shut down or is that next year.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 23 August 2013 12:52 PM

Hasn’t that factory been shut down or is that next year.

Closure is for early 2014.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Fun Fact:

I’m part Belgian.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Is that a Ford Fiesta?

I haven’t splurged on anything lately. My current financial situation doesn’t let me spoil anymore. Such a pity!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 23 August 2013 01:24 PM

I’m part Belgian.

Ah. Must be the awesome part then. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 23 August 2013 04:19 PM

Is that a Ford Fiesta?

I haven’t splurged on anything lately. My current financial situation doesn’t let me spoil anymore. Such a pity!

Yes it’s the Ford Fiesta.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I got money for my birthday and I splurged some of it on this:

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Me again?!

Today I did my biggest splurge in 4 years or so:

It’s a 27” with 1 TB fusion drive and a 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M videocard. This thing should last me 8 years easily.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sweeeet.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Very nice, tsa!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yes, I hope to have as much pleasure from it as from my current 24” iMac. That one goes to a good friend of mine, who is very happy with it. So I made two people happy with a computer today! Pity I have to wait until next week before I get the new machine.

Does any one of you have experience with playing adventure games on Windows 8? Or shall I just buy Windows 7?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 30 October 2013 03:23 PM

Does any one of you have experience with playing adventure games on Windows 8? Or shall I just buy Windows 7?

I don’t have extensive experience with Windows 8 yet, but so far I haven’t had any problems. Everything that works under Windows 7 works under Windows 8 as well, and ScummVM and DOSBox work like a charm too.
Windows 8 is also a LOT cheaper, and it boots the fastest of any Windows version yet. The dual start screens take a little getting used to, but you’ll get the hang of it soon enough…

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Here in the Netherlands Win7 and 8 are the same price. The cheapest I could find was 99 euros. Do you know where I can get it cheaper in Belgium? Proxis maybe?

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

The complete seasons 1-7 of Tales From The Crypt on DVD @ $9.98 each and a pair of Skull Candy Hesh 50mm headphones for $34.91.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 30 October 2013 04:23 PM

Here in the Netherlands Win7 and 8 are the same price. The cheapest I could find was 99 euros. Do you know where I can get it cheaper in Belgium? Proxis maybe?

When I look around now, I don’t seem to find it at the same price I bought it this summer. I must’ve hit a sales promotion back then…
It’s still cheaper here, though, if only marginally…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top