• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three Questions

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Let’s continue…

tsa - 29 May 2012 04:20 PM

1. Do you chat a lot using WhatsApp, Skype or what have you?
2. Have you ever been cyberbullied?
3. Have you ever cyberbullied?

1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. Nope.

Intense Degree - 29 May 2012 04:23 PM

1. Indian or Chinese takeaway?
2. What is your favourite thread in these forums? (old or new)
3. What was the last thing you watched on TV?

1. Chinese. Dim sum and babi panggang FTW! Grin
2. I really liked both The Thread™ and the AG Community Blog, so Anything Goes. is now my new favourite!
3. I watched a few “In de gloria” episodes with TimovieWife yesterday evening.

Squinky - 29 May 2012 08:43 PM

1. What is your longest-lived friendship that started on the internet?
2. Around what percentage of people you consider friends are people you first met on the internet?
3. What’s the best way to hang out with friends on the internet: forums, social networks, blogs/journals, IRC, IMs, or something else?

1. There were a couple of friendships that started in 2000, but most of them have dwindled away in recent years, being relegated to “sending an email every four months or so”. As for friendships that are still current, then the oldest is from 2005. It’s a lot more than friendship, though. I married her three weeks ago. Grin
2. I’d reckon about a third.
3. I’m partial to forums.

Let’s keep these last three questions for now.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Squinky - 29 May 2012 08:43 PM

1. What is your longest-lived friendship that started on the internet?
2. Around what percentage of people you consider friends are people you first met on the internet?
3. What’s the best way to hang out with friends on the internet: forums, social networks, blogs/journals, IRC, IMs, or something else?

1. Maruca and I met each other about 6 years ago in Myst Online. We live 800 km apart so we have to meet on the internet. We try to see each other in meatspace once a year.
2. 10% I think.
3. I like Skype, WhatsApp, iMessage… that sort of thing.

-=+=-

1. Do you think people are more violent than in the past?
2. What do you like better: horror movies or the news?
3. Do you think war is avoidable in all situations?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2009-02-08

PM

tsa - 30 May 2012 03:35 PM

1. I think people are as violent and stupid as they ever have been, there’s just more of us now Tongue
2. Horror movies, they’re more believable
3. It should be in theory, but as long as there’s greedy and powerful people it probably isn’t.

1. If you had a time machine which time would you go to?
2. 3D or not 3D?
3. Who was the last person you smiled at?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

LostQuixote - 30 May 2012 04:29 PM

2. 3D or not 3D?

1. Tuesday so that I can put on the winning ticket for yesterdays Euromillions Lottery.
2. That is the question?
3. Smiling would involve happiness Embarassed

—————————————————————————————————————-

1. Have you ever eaten nothing but junk food for a week straight?
2. Have you ever spend an entire day lazing in bed when you were not sick?
3. First celebrity crush?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lucien21 - 30 May 2012 05:35 PM

1. No but I’ve come close. But junk food is not as bad as it used to be, at least here in the Netherlands. I found Supersize Me a very unrealistic movie.
2. Hey, I’ve been a teenager! Of course I have!
3. The first celebrity to crush must be Adele, I think. I can’t stand her voice; the way she sings sounds so unhealthy!

—-

1. Have you ever killed your own food?
2. Would you like to go hunting one day?
3. Why do many people think killing animals is bad but killing people is not so bad?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 30 May 2012 03:35 PM

1. No, it’s all exactly the same. It only appears that way because there’s more of us and because there’s more media coverage (i.e. we know about it more).
2. The news - it’s scarier, gorier, and more creative in its bluntness.
3. No. The only way to make war avoidable is to wipe out all of mankind. THEN there’d be peace.

LostQuixote - 30 May 2012 04:29 PM

2. 3D or not 3D?

1. The ‘80s. Redo everything with my current knowledge. I’d be filthy effing rich and wouldn’t have to work…
2. Depends. To keep it short: whichever gives the best end result.
3. A neighbour as I passed on the way back home from work.

Lucien21 - 30 May 2012 05:35 PM

1. No, at the most for three days straight (during one of my “movie marathons”).
2. Of course, several times. But then I AM a lazy bum.
3. Cameron Diaz, because of her entrance in The Mask. I was 14 and horny, ok?

tsa - 31 May 2012 02:20 AM

3. Why do many people think killing animals is bad but killing people is not so bad?

1. No. Why bother when other people do that for me?
2. Nah, I don’t see the point. It doesn’t sound like fun, and it’s harmful to the environment.
3. Vegan death row supporters aren’t real people, imo. Anyway, the conception of “innocence” has something to do with it - animals have it, people don’t.

Same questions.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

TimovieMan - 31 May 2012 11:29 AM
tsa - 31 May 2012 02:20 AM

1. No. Why bother when other people do that for me?
2. Nah, I don’t see the point. It doesn’t sound like fun, and it’s harmful to the environment.
3. Vegan death row supporters aren’t real people, imo. Anyway, the conception of “innocence” has something to do with it - animals have it, people don’t.

Same questions.

1- Nope
2- Maybe ( if I had better aim with a gun)
3- not really sure about that? 

1. Are you good at reading people ?
2. what makes you mad?
3. Have you ever lost a friend over something you thought was not a big deal ?

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

1. Good heavens, no. I like it when people use their words.
2. These days, it’s people shooting each other. I just… why?
3. Yes, and then later I found out it WAS a big deal.

1. What is more heartbreaking: someone you love dying suddenly of a gunshot wound, or slowly of cancer?
2. What kind of music would you like to have at your funeral?
3. Regardless of what you believe re: the afterlife, would you rather continue on in some form after your death, or completely cease to exist altogether?

Apologies for the morbidity of these questions; there’s been a lot of death and dying among people I know this week.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Squinky - 01 June 2012 02:31 AM

1. What is more heartbreaking: someone you love dying suddenly of a gunshot wound, or slowly of cancer?
3. Regardless of what you believe re: the afterlife, would you rather continue on in some form after your death, or completely cease to exist altogether?

Apologies for the morbidity of these questions; there’s been a lot of death and dying among people I know this week.

(((Squinky)))

1. I don’t think it really matters.
2. None. I like to listen to music alone and I don’t want to irritate other people with my music.
3. I’d like to get a second chance as a normally healthy person in a rich European country. It would be nice to do the things normal people do without problems, like working 5 days a week, going to work on the bike in bad weather and going on vacation.

—-

1. What do you think the ‘UFO’ they found in the Baltic sea is?
2. Would you go to Mars on a one-way trip if you had the chance?
3. Where were you when Neil Armstrong landed the Eagle?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

bulldog - 31 May 2012 09:52 PM

2. what makes you mad?

3. Have you ever lost a friend over something you thought was not a big deal ?

1. Not at all. I don’t get subtle hints. Just say what you mean already! Although I must admit: my sarcasm meter doesn’t fail often, so there’s at least that.
2. Gross incompetence. This usually translates to most politicians, and one colleague.
3. I don’t think I have. Discussions, yes, but losing a friend?

Squinky - 01 June 2012 02:31 AM

1. Difficult to say. In case of the gunshot, the death itself will be the most difficult to cope with, while in the case of cancer, it’ll be the disease and the slow physical decline that’ll be toughest to cope with.
2. Preferably more in tune with my preferred genres, but the only song that MUST be played is “Brothers in Arms” by Dire Straits. It played at the funeral of a friend of mine (who died at the age of 17), and that song tore me to shreds then.
3. Entering a new plane of existence is preferred over simply ceasing to exist, imo, whether I actually believe in that or not.

tsa - 01 June 2012 02:59 AM

1. My first thought, given its shape, was “The Millennium Falcon”.
2. Nope. Especially not since it’s one-way…
3. I was 12 years away from being born.

Same questions. I’m lazy.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I’d like to answer some of the earlier questions, but if there’s a tight character count, I won’t bother.

bulldog - 01 June 2012 01:52 AM
2. what makes you mad?
3. Have you ever lost a friend over something you thought was not a big deal?

1. Not bad, when I try.
2. Wilful ignorance.
3. Many times. Life is full of comings and goings. I try not to sweat it too much.

Squinky - 01 June 2012 06:31 AM

1. I think knowing that someone I love is dying slowly would hurt more.
2. My own music. Preferably Last Call.
3. I think I would prefer to transcend this reality, but if there’s nothing after this, I’m good with that now.

tsa - 01 June 2012 06:59 AM

1. I’ve been offline for a bit. I missed that completely.
2. Only if there were a working space base or station in orbit around Mars. I don’t care how cool space travel is; if I’m guaranteed to die before I’ve had time to enjoy myself, I’m not going.

1) Do you prefer music recordings to be spontaneous and energetic, or polished and perfect?
2) Have you ever seen a Tarot deck you thought was cool enough to own, whether you believe in Tarot or not?
3) Do you think a modern interpretation of Tarot cards would be a good subject for a series of paintings?

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

1. Depends on the context—music more overtly suited to being live I’d prefer to be spontaneous and energetic (nothing worse than a record being straightforward ‘rock’, for example, but overproduced to high heavens), but other music I’d prefer to be more tweaked in the studio. That said, I don’t like music that sounds completely perfect and overly tweaked, and I don’t think the opposite of that perfection is for it to sound just completely spontaneous and live. There’s a lot in between…

2. No, I haven’t really looked though.

3. I don’t see why not; it depends more on how it’s executed than the idea itself. A good idea can be done badly, and a less good sounding idea can be done really well.
__

1. Do you support DIY ‘scenes’ of any kind? Gaming, music, film, etc.? Give details, if so.

2. What advice would you give to someone who makes such home-made works (again - music, film, art, whatever)?

3. Do you feel the Internet has been a help or a hindrance overall to independent artists?

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Hammerite - 09 June 2012 09:20 AM

1. Do you support DIY ‘scenes’ of any kind? Gaming, music, film, etc.? Give details, if so.
2. What advice would you give to someone who makes such home-made works (again - music, film, art, whatever)?
3. Do you feel the Internet has been a help or a hindrance overall to independent artists?

1. I wouldn’t so much say I support a DIY scene so much as I support specific artists who happen to be Indie creators. Specifically, I like to pimp out the artwork of my friends Jaye Frisina and Bret Taylor, I like to promote the music of my buddy James William Roy, and I like to promote games made by AG alumnus Deirdra Kiai. I also used to pimp a lot of writing by my friend Karen Burkey and also my old friend Adam P. Knave, but Karen has been mainly writing fanfic for what I feel has been too long, and I need her to focus on original work, which she’s not ready to do, and Adam and I have drifted apart, so I don’t follow him as closely as I used to.
2. Keep on working it. Ignore ‘helpful’ suggestions to get a real job. Get paid. Thank everyone. And remember to stop and kiss a girl or boy now and then. No one needs art made by monks any more.
3. I am a major proponent of the internet for Indie Creatives. We should all have a website. We should all have social networking pages. We should all be selling our wares through PayPal or eBay or Etsy or whatever. It’s like a real job, only you get to stay home and sit around with no pants on.

1) If you could go out on tour with one band of musicians, who would you pick and why?
2) If you could have lunch with your favourite Creative Person (living or dead), who and why?
3) If you could make love to one historical figure (male or female), who and why?

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lee in Limbo - 09 June 2012 10:03 AM

[q
And remember to stop and kiss a girl or boy now and then. No one needs art made by monks any more.

* takes notes *
I am sort of getting there, at a glacial pace. By the time I’m 78… boy HOWDY! My progression as an artist.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Lee in Limbo - 09 June 2012 10:03 AM

1) If you could go out on tour with one band of musicians, who would you pick and why?
2) If you could have lunch with your favourite Creative Person (living or dead), who and why?
3) If you could make love to one historical figure (male or female), who and why?

1) Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. Because they’re amazing musicians, in their virtuosity but importantly also in their musicality and inventiveness.
2) Deirdra Kiai. Because she’s a talented game maker that I’ve never met, and it’d probably be a less awkward dinner than if I picked someone who don’t know me at all. (And I’m hoping the dinner would include some sort of jam. No, not for eating. A musical jam.)
3) I’ll pass. Because I’m not married, and I’m not going to have sex outside of marriage.

I guess I should leave the same questions for someone else, as I didn’t want to answer them all.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top