• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yuppie Psycho help

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-04-29

PM

I always struggle with adventure games that have arcade elements. I like them best when the game gives you the option to bypass them altogether.

I am stuck in the game Yuppie Psycho because I can’t escape the mummy after I grab the book. I figured out I have to lead the mummy into mines at just the right time without getting blown up myself but I’m too uncoordinated to do it. If someone has a tip on an easy way to do it, or barring that, a saved game that would get me past that sequence, I’d appreciate it.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-04-29

PM

Ok, I finally got past it. It wasn’t easy for me, but these tips should help anyone else in the same spot.

Make sure you are at full strength and have extra food/drink to replenish when you need it. When you’re being pursued by the monster, you can still pause the game to access inventory and eat/drink.

You need to have the monster in position to be hit by a mine 3 times before it runs away and you can exit the library. You can use the <SHIFT> key to run faster and stop using it to walk. After the monster sets a mine (I used the one that would be the aisle in front of and then to the left of the broken (glass) book holder,  make sure you have pushed the cart for that row to the left of the mine. Make sure the monster is on your heels. When you run past the mine and pass the cart, immediately push it at the monster. It sets the mine off if it’s by it. If you’re careful, you can get by the mine without getting hit yourself, but even if you do, you can still live if you got the extra food to replenish yourself.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top