• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

does anyone know whats going on?..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..or what is wrong?
20,000 subscribers, no, Members! with a rate of 0.00000001 posts every whatever, Lurkers join in to lurk some more, if something most interesting going on you see like 5-6 outta that 20k only posting.

Are old members maybe have a bad reputation that people are afraid to make a thread or even a post that we might make fun of it/them, or actually there is nothing to be said anymore, even ‘the genre is dead’.

I ask myself (i.e) why i quit making threads the way i used to and i know its cause many had gone on untouched or even unnoticed, maybe this is it, new members seeing even some of us have their threads go this way, thus they think its useless.

Or is it the announcement that have been made months ago about the site being sold was understood wrongly, i say this outta an actual experience i had; when i had my studio and got into another job besides it, but i when made post about my new/other jobs it backfired, and it took me a while get thing straight again. and learned the people mostly just read titles or headline and interpret them in different ways non-expected!!.
I’ve been trying to find what is going on, maybe someone knows something,  or has an opinion. that if any thought of what i am thinking out loud here.

P.S:consider that as serious as i may sound, i am taking this very lightly with kinda in-jokes as well Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie, I think you’re being unduly paranoid (Sorry!)
I read way back on another site where the forum posts went through a scant period that the forums were just a small part of activity anyway within the greater ‘machine’ of info & promo of games!

My thought is that perhaps many of the members here just use the site for info/links etc & occasionally like to comment on reviews but don’t necessarily want to be sociable on the forums? Adventure Gamers are very good at promoting most new games & presenting a variety of hard-hitting but fair reviews (for the most part!) which I’m sure are of more interest to the reader than perhaps ‘putting pen to paper’ to comment! 

The good news though is that according to my emails Adventure Gamers has enough support to continue so Adventure Gamers must be doing a pretty good job! Thumbs Up

Yes! It would be great if more members posted their thoughts in the forum but maybe lots of folks don’t need to? 
Laughing

Nothing Wrong!!!  Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Anybody who thinks forum traffic is the same as it used to be is in denial.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Not sure why. Could it be people were very excited with the kickstarter craze and now that it has subsided, interest in AGes has gone down too?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Part of the problem for me is that threads and posts are getting less interesting. If you scan the first few pages of the main forum, most of them are factual info about games or updates.

There used to be more debates, and they were fun. Someone recently posted a link to a 5 year old Simon the Sorcerer remake thread, which turned into a discussion on graphics. I have a feeling if you had a similar thread today someone would come along and say “don’t be so negative - if you don’t like it don’t play it”, shutting down the discussion.

It just feels like we don’t care as much about adventure games anymore.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Don’t stop posing advie your threads are the best, you are basically keeping the whole forum alive

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

WOW!, i didn’t expect anyone would give a $&%# to this thread, 1st THANK YOU ALL for your contribution, and even better than this that 80% of what has been said is right and straight to issue exactly!!, (imo)  like Chrissie is damn right about me being paranoid (borderliner) that’s my Doc diagnoses, no kidding, me think that no one has ideas about what is going and its only me who cares, proves it. thank you chrissie for taking the shortest road, i hate the underline responses. and strangely Karlok The Queen had said it straight also to the point Smile Smile Smile
Heart

Soccer dude you are right if you had the chance and summarized (lived) all the site action days until the Kickstarter phenomena because that phenomenon has a little to do with the state we are in and will try to bring all my*** ideas by giving all points at the end of this repose post.

and Headycakesofdoom this only the wrong post here, i AM NUTHING, and if i am what your are saying then we better ask Jackal to close these forums. i Love YOU MAN and i know you will understand.

“Part of the problem for me is that threads and posts are getting less interesting. If you scan the first few pages of the main forum, most of them are factual info about games or updates.

There used to be more debates, and they were fun. Someone recently posted a link to a 5 year old Simon the Sorcerer remake thread, which turned into a discussion on graphics. I have a feeling if you had a similar thread today someone would come along and say “don’t be so negative - if you don’t like it don’t play it”, shutting down the discussion.

It just feels like we don’t care as much about adventure games anymore.”

this post Oscar made me so sad (i did look back at all first pages/threads)  no one would know about how intelligent these forums were!! (and that’s not far away) unless (s)he had joined at LEAST before 2013!! when/where i had a chance to see some glories interactions here, from members i don’t KNOW WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY NOW.

i might disagree with the last Part my friend, we do care, see?

but even Jackal is trying to understand why members became so negative about expressing intelligent topics that are too obvious and would really matter to bring it up, each in a thread of their own or at least into that thread he contributed at!!.

Jackal - 21 March 2018 01:01 PM
Mikekelly - 14 March 2018 10:39 PM

I learned a lot from the article. Heart

Like what? I’m also very surprised the actual topics in this article haven’t generated more discussion since it gets to the heart of the genre’s current condition (and probable future).

ooh, as if Jack wants to forget about himself being the chief and get down with members and creating topics every day that matter, but however this is a q meant as a motivation for members to bring up of matters at the interview whick struck each of us in the EYE (a lot) but affected nothing! after all.

now its like you can look at the A-Z games list and make thread for each title there, even the old classics that have been ‘ate alive’ (its an Arabic expression) means there is are no more anything to say about, and with all due respect devs who create threads for their upcoming game and they are dealing with it LIKE ITS A BLOG, updating their work and posting screenshots, design, and whatnot and do not care about members interactions with them (posts),
the meaning of a thread isn’t there, it is not needle with straight pointy lines of some matters, its called a THREAD FOR GODS SAKE.. and if some do NOT know how threads are unexpectable no one would t…....

EdiT: sorry, but i thought i had to correct lotta of mistakes; the grammar,typos and some other things Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 27 March 2018 02:52 PM

and strangely Karlok The Queen had said it straight also to the point Smile Smile Smile

Nothing strange about it. Unfortunately, you seem incapable of understanding the fundamental difference between agreeing with someone and liking that person. You love everybody who agrees with you and you stop loving them when they have preferences and opinions of their own. I hardly ever agree with you, but in this case I do support your statement - to me more a fact than an opinion really. That doesn’t mean I like you. I most certainly don’t.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am in no mood to fight

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 28 March 2018 01:03 PM

i am in no mood to fight

No? You were when you posted: and strangely Karlok The Queen had said it straight also to the point. I’m not going to take you unpleasant comments lying down.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 28 March 2018 01:29 PM
Advie - 28 March 2018 01:03 PM

i am in no mood to fight

No? You were when you posted: and strangely Karlok The Queen had said it straight also to the point. I’m not going to take you unpleasant comments lying down.

Karlok, from what I perceive Advie was not being unpleasant towards you at all & was referring to your initial post

Karlok - 25 March 2018 07:09 PM

Anybody who thinks forum traffic is the same as it used to be is in denial.

Yes, that’s obviously quite true & I see Advie’s post as quite respectful towards you on acknowledging your comment.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 27 March 2018 02:52 PM

It just feels like we don’t care as much about adventure games anymore.”

i might disagree with the last Part my friend, we do care, see?

A week ago I posted my opinion on the latest Orwell game which had just come out. In that time no one has been interested enough to post a single reply.

And yet the day I posted, I went over to the Steam forum and found at least half a dozen active, multi-page threads discussing the ending, the plot as a whole, comparisons with the first game, etc.

I can see this place going the way of JustAdventure or Gameboomers, if it isn’t there already. A place where a small bunch of “veterans” who like to think they are diehard fans, get more excited about the re-release of a 20 year old Monkey Island game than actually playing and discussing the great new adventure games that are out there. That’s a sign of a dying community if I ever saw one.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 28 March 2018 11:10 PM

A place where a small bunch of “veterans” who like to think they are diehard fans, get more excited about the re-release of a 20 year old Monkey Island game than actually playing and discussing the great new adventure games that are out there. That’s a sign of a dying community if I ever saw one.

i totally agree, and i care to add that underline all that, those veterans are not happy with what the genre being turned to, of course, they are veterans afterall.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

And yet the day I posted, I went over to the Steam forum and found at least half a dozen active, multi-page threads discussing the ending, the plot as a whole, comparisons with the first game, etc

Because its A) Mainstream outlet B) Not many oldies will come and dictate what to like and what not, they well know their status there, no favoritism, in other words people can talk freely because no pretentious authority arguments

A place where a small bunch of “veterans” who like to think they are diehard fans

You make it sound like them War vets in American TV shows
“hey , i use to be a War vet, now a bum”
*sips beer*
Smile

That’s a sign of a dying community if I ever saw one.

When patreon support of random cosplay girls is more than this site is getting, you can draw a conclusion

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

A week ago I posted my opinion on the latest Orwell game which had just come out. In that time no one has been interested enough to post a single reply.

And yet the day I posted, I went over to the Steam forum and found at least half a dozen active, multi-page threads discussing the ending, the plot as a whole, comparisons with the first game, etc.

Well there are millions of people on Steam so there are bound to be more people who have played it and who discuss it. I can’t speak for everyone, but it isn’t the lack of interest that keeps me from posting. I just haven’t played the game yet, and for someone who plays games beyond the adventure genre, there are way too many games coming out these days. Not only that, but games are way longer too. In the early 2000s, only GTA was open world, but nowadays, almost every AAA that comes out (not in the AG genre) is open world. Some of these games take a month or more to finish. Not to mention work, other entertainment media like TV and movies, and family. So you see how if you play other genres as well as AGes, it is almost impossible to stay up to date with the latest releases.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top