• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three Questions

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lee in Limbo -

A) If you could be any kind of creature in the world, or in fantasy and fiction, what would you want to be?
B) If you could be said creature, what do you suppose your friends would think?
C) What do you suppose your parents would say?

A) God. Why settle for anything less than omnipotence when offered the choice? Smile
B) Why would a God need friends? And why would a God care what people think?
C) I’d probably fake my own death, so they wouldn’t have to know.

Sheesh, I’d be the Devil in no time… Tongue

Squinky -

1. If you could change your sex inexpensively, painlessly, and reversibly, would you?
2. If you and your pet (if you don’t have a pet, pretend you do) switched bodies, do you think your pet would do a better job at being you than you would?
3. Cars that drive themselves: practical or scary?

1. No. Although I wouldn’t mind the prospect of playing with my own boobs all the time (why outgrow being a horny teenager?), I’m not envious of the opposite sex. Let’s just keep things the way they are.
2. Probably, I’m a lazy bum whose favourite passtimes are doing nothing and eating. My cats sleep 20 hours a day and do nothing but eat when awake. In a way, they’re already better at being me than I am… Tongue
3. Scary. I don’t trust technology enough to sit in an automated car. Heck, I don’t even have cruise control on my car out of fear that it’d make me “lower my guard” too much and thus slow my reaction time when an action (braking or swerving) is required…

Same questions (both sets Wink).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Squinky - 09 August 2012 12:12 AM

1. If you could change your sex inexpensively, painlessly, and reversibly, would you?
2. If you and your pet (if you don’t have a pet, pretend you do) switched bodies, do you think your pet would do a better job at being you than you would?

1. Yes, I’d like to see how it is to be a woman for a while. I don’t think I’d play with my boobs for very long though.
2. No. I am much too cool for that. I think I’d be a good rabbit though.
3. Practical. But only if I can interfere thank you.
—-
I think there are enough questions to choose from.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Squinky -

1. No. I’m settled as a man and I can’t imagine my own breasts would be as fascinating!

2. Mrs Degree has giant african land snails, so I reckon that one of them could roughly cover what I do! I don’t know if I could hack the vegetarian diet though.

3. In theory, brilliant but I cannot see that it could work unless all cars were like it and were centrally controlled to some extent which would probably be rubbish.

1. Are you interested in the paralympics at all and how does this differ from your interest in the main olympics?

2. When at home, do you prefer to eat meals at a table or just on the sofa?

3. If you had to kill someone (no, of course you couldn’t really be compelled to, but hypothetically!) how would you do it? (minus points for the answer “reluctantly” or similar!)

[I don’t know where Q3 came from, perhaps I need another visit to my psychiatrist Dr Timist? Tongue]

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Intense Degree - 29 August 2012 09:13 AM

1. Are you interested in the paralympics at all and how does this differ from your interest in the main olympics?

3. If you had to kill someone (no, of course you couldn’t really be compelled to, but hypothetically!) how would you do it? (minus points for the answer “reluctantly” or similar!)

1. I recently saw a documentary about this Swedish swimmer who’s competing in the Paralympics. A great athlete whose races I’ll try to wacth. I guess that sums it up. When it comes to the Paralympics the story behind the athlete is as interesting as the competition.

2. I prefer a meal at the table, preferably at a well-laid table.

3. I’d chat him/her to death.  Naughty

——————
1. What’s your favourite TV series theme song? (Not sure about the correct expression. I’m sure you get what I mean)
2. If you see small kids misbeaving in he street as you walk by, what do you do?
3. Whats’ your favourite activity (besides gaming Wink )during time off from work/school?

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 29 August 2012 09:13 AM

1. I’m interested enough to check whether or not Belgium’s won any medals (and how many), but I’d only watch what was broadcast on the national news or a national sports programme (which will be absolutely no footage whatsoever - even if we win gold in an event).

2. I prefer to eat meals at the table. It’s neater, I can eat more comfortably and I won’t have to worry about spilling/making a mess. And I can still watch TV from the table.
TimovieWife would rather eat on the sofa, I’m sure.

3. Hypothetically, I’d worry about the “getting away with it”-part. So I’d have to know the victim (so I can get up close without ninja-stealth), it’d have to be somewhere remote (so I wouldn’t have to worry about being discovered and would have time to cover my tracks and get rid of the body). I’d probably prefer to use a silent weapon (like a knife) as well.
So: drug the victim, slit his throat, chop up the body and put it in separate bags (made heavy with rocks), dump it in a river at least 50 miles from your location. Wear gloves, use only items that are sold *everywhere*, wear shoes that are two sizes different from your regular ones, etc.
I’m apparently influenced by Dexter… Tongue
This is all hypothetical, of course. I wouldn’t be able to do this, and even if somehow I would, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself after that…

Same questions.

Edit: Jelena beat me to it… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 29 August 2012 12:50 PM

1. What’s your favourite TV series theme song? (Not sure about the correct expression. I’m sure you get what I mean)
2. If you see small kids misbeaving in he street as you walk by, what do you do?
3. Whats’ your favourite activity (besides gaming Wink )during time off from work/school?

1. The Love Boat!
2. I have never come across such a situation so I wouldn’t know
3. Reading the paper.

———

1. When a good friend of you is down, what do you do to cheer him/her up?
2. What do you do to cheer yourself up?
3. What is question 3?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jelena - 29 August 2012 12:50 PM

1. Battlestar Galactica. Never once fastforwarded it, and there were even times where the DVD menu loop was playing continuously for over fifteen minutes without me stopping it or muting it. Love that theme!

2. Depends. If it’s harmless child’s play (like Knock, Knock, Ginger for instance), then I’ll happily smile it away. If it’s harmful (akin to vandalism for instance), then I’ll definitely reprimand them.

3. Watching movies, of course!

tsa - 29 August 2012 02:20 PM

3. What is question 3?

1. Anything and everything I know that can make him/her laugh. Laughter is the key, imo!

2. Watch a movie or series that I know will make me laugh (anything Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Family Guy, etc.)

3. What indeed? Tongue
It’s the third question, imo. Cool

Same questions.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

tsa - 29 August 2012 02:20 PM

3. What is question 3?

1. Talk. Or more correctly listen. Often in a pub and sometimes over a game of Golden Tee.

2. I do tend just to wallow from time to time but otherwise an evening out with friends (only occasionally nowadays) and listening to funny podcasts/watching funny TV/films. And playing games obviously!

Also, as cliche and sickening as this will sound, getting a smile from the 3rd degree, who does not care whether I am rich or poor, fat or slim, successful or a complete failure (probably just as well really!), but just thinks that Mrs Degree and I are great “because” can be very refreshing.

[I am well aware that the 3rd degree’s attitude will change completely at some point, so may as well enjoy it now while it lasts!]

3. Question 3 is a philosophy and a way of life. Not everyone gets it but those who do wear it as a badge with pride. 3 is literally the best integer that has ever existed between 2 and 4 and is the 73 times winner of the international number of the year award.

Question 3, however, takes the whole thing up a level sometimes referring to your favourite colour and other times to the flight of unladen swallows. It really can encapsulate any interrogatory statement that questions 1 and 2 can’t handle and is the ultimate champion of the numerical olympics and the president of the world numerological society for interrogation.

1. Do you like nonsense?

2. What was the last thing you wrote with pen on paper?

3. Can you handle the truth?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Intense Degree - 30 August 2012 07:37 AM

Also, as cliche and sickening as this will sound, getting a smile from the 3rd degree, who does not care whether I am rich or poor, fat or slim, successful or a complete failure (probably just as well really!), but just thinks that Mrs Degree and I are great “because” can be very refreshing.

Not cliche or sickening at all Intense. Smile The smile of ones child has indeed the most profound impact on the well-being. At least when they’re small. Dunno about my 21 y/o, unshaved son. Wink

1. Do you like nonsense?

1. Quite often actually!
2. I scribbled a to do-list for tomorrow (at work) just before leaving my office.
3. Most of the time I’d say. Sometimes it hurts though which is not pleasant at all.

I’m lazy. Same questions.

Lazy Bee

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

1. Do you like nonsense?

1. Sometimes. I like absurdity, but I don’t like wasting time, particularly when I have something important I’d rather be doing. At times like that, I’m afraid I can be rather humourless.
2. This morning,, I completed an entry for a two page journal I kept during our cat-sitting week for a friend.
3. Yes, though I can sometimes take things to heart that I shouldn’t. Still, I prefer the truth, hard as it can be to face.

1) What’s the oldest band or musical artist you still listen to?
2) Do you have any favourite social or cultural activities/hobbies/interests that your closest loved ones don’t enjoy and tend to discourage you from indulging in?
3) If you had to pack a bag and leave your home tonight (for whatever reason), where would you go to stay for the night?

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Lee in Limbo - 01 September 2012 02:05 PM

2) Do you have any favourite social or cultural activities/hobbies/interests that your closest loved ones don’t enjoy and tend to discourage you from indulging in?
3) If you had to pack a bag and leave your home tonight (for whatever reason), where would you go to stay for the night?

1. That would have to be Jonny Cash.
2. Yes indeed! Hubby dear thinks I’m too involved in social activities through the internet. And he has a point I have to admit. Since it’s only a couple of weeks until our youngest leave home for a year we need to take care of each other better or we’ll become two silent people in front of our laptops. Not my idea of a relationship.
3. The small apartement a block from the Arc de Triomphe in Paris where my daughter will live during next year. But that would only work if there was a convenient Ryanair flight. If not, I’d use of of the sleeping accommodation rooms at work.

—————————
1. How much time do you spend socializing on the internet?
2. What’s your idea of a good relationship?
3. Does the fact that autumn is around the corner affect you?(And for those on the other
  hemisphere: ‘spring’)

Lazy Bee

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

-
3. Does the fact that autumn is around the corner affect you?(And for those on the other

1. Much less than I used to.
2. In a good relationship you don’t only tell the other person the good things that happen to you but you can also tell the bad things and count on the other person to suffer with you. I don’t have that with all of my friends unfortunately. Of course it also means that you suffer with the other person if that so happens.
3. I’m very sad about it because I spent part of winter, all of spring and most of the summer in the hospital. I need the light when I get out but that is also not for me. It will be a difficult rest of the year for me.

Good questions Lena. I let them stand for someone else to answer.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Jelena - 01 September 2012 02:57 PM

—————————

1. I spend most of my morning and afternoon on a computer, which involves some internet communications in sporadic doses. Probably a sum total of a couple of hours on a heavy day.
2. One where everyone involved respects and honours the needs and wishes of everyone else involved, be it a traditional or non-traditional relationship, to the best of their abilities.
3. Yes. It means I’ll be happier and more comfortable. *grumbles about not liking summer*

Go back and answer my questions from my previous post.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1. Do you like nonsense?

1. I LOVE nonsense!
Of course, like everything, it needs to be done right, but if it gives me a WTF? reaction, that is often a good thing…

2. The number of the order in a series where I’d ended at work Friday, and where I’ll have to continue on Monday. That was two days ago, haven’t held a pen at home all weekend… Tongue

3. Yes, even if I won’t like it at all. I deal with adversity pretty well. I tend to bury it in apathy. Tongue

Lee in Limbo - 01 September 2012 02:05 PM

1) Does classical music count? I occasionally still listen to Edvard Grieg (In the Hall of the Mountain King from the Peer Gynt Suite), Carl Orff (O Fortuna out of the Carmina Burana) and Samuel Barber’s Adagio for Strings. Out of those three, Edvard Grieg is the oldest.
If you’re thinking about actual bands/artists, then I’ll probably have to go Link Wray (unless I’m underestimating someone else’s age, of course).

2) Not really. TimovieWife is not into movies (or better: going to the cinema), not into gaming, and not into concerts as much, but she doesn’t discourage me from going to the cinema each week, playing games often and going to the occasional concert. Even though the concert-going has diminished greatly these last years (mostly due to a lack of time) and cinema-going has lessened (due to the insane prices lately and the lack of solid interesting titles).
TimovieWife is awesome, mmmkay!

3) I’d go to my parents’ house. My old bed is still in my old bedroom, even though the bedroom itself has been mostly turned into an ironing and clothes-drying room… Tongue

1. Not that much. The forum activity that you see here, and the occasional mail, but that’s about it.

2. Mutual respect, understanding and trust. Being able to tell each other the truth, even though it hurts. Not having quiet moments feel awkward. Being able to basically do anything together…

3. Not at all. I adapt easily to changes. I tend to bury them in apathy. Tongue

Let’s keep these last questions.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

—————————

1) I socialize a lot on the internet, nowadays that is reduced.

2) Not having to pretend, just being able to be yourself and be true and feel good with that and of course having mutual respect and honest feelings, whatever they may be.

3) Yes it affects me a great deal since I have to study and study and study to the point I become a zombie.

—————————————————————————————————-
1-> What is the thing that you desire the most?

2-> What bothers you the most in the world right now?

3-> Do you ever think about the things that you will miss when you leave this world?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top