• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Hi all.  Smile

Reb is the namne. Well not really but I thought I’d help you from having to write my whole nick every time. Yes, that’s how nice I am.

What can I tell you about me that is intresting? I’m a girl (well, woman then) from Sweden, loves games obviously and also Star Trek. All of it. This is the time of year that I watch it all. Good times.  Heart Eyes

I’m working on a game of my own as well, inspired by the Carol Reed games. Or you could say I’m copying it if you want. It’s a lot of fun and I hope it goes well and I can continue doing it for a long time. (Yes, Mikael knows I’m copiyng him)

What else? I have cats, a man and a noisy computer. I’m fat but also happy. Not about that though. Well OK, perhaps I’m not that happy, but I try to stay optimistic.
Oh, I talk a lot also. Nothing to be worried about, just a little ADD. Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

RebKean - 14 October 2015 04:18 AM

Reb is the namne. Well not really

As in “Rebecca” or as in “totally fictional”? Tongue

inspired by the Carol Reed games.

Your fandom of Carol Reed was already established by your very first post. Wink

Or you could say I’m copying it if you want.

“Good artists borrow, great artists steal.” Smile

(Yes, Mikael knows I’m copiyng him)

Will you be featuring Bigge, then? Grin

Welcome!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

TimovieMan - 14 October 2015 05:01 AM

As in “Rebecca” or as in “totally fictional”? Tongue

Just in case you don’t love old australian soaps, the avatar is of Rebecca Kean in Prisoner Cell Block H. So you were correct times two, haha.

Your fandom of Carol Reed was already established by your very first post. Wink

Haha, yes I know, but perhaps not everyone looks in all threads? Or maybe they do ...
In that case, no one will ever miss it. Smile

“Good artists borrow, great artists steal.” Smile

Ah. I steal with permission, what does that make me?

Will you be featuring Bigge, then? Grin

Don’t know him (yet), but you might recognize someone else ...

Welcome!

Thanks!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2015-11-05

PM

Ahooooooi!

It is me! I will make you all dance! I will blow your minds! I will! You were all waiting for me all your life!

Do I exaggurate? We will see!

Hy all!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sven - 05 November 2015 06:23 PM

I will make you all dance!

Like so? Tongue

I will blow your minds! I will!

Look forward to it!

Well, as long as it’s like this:

And not like this. Grin

Welcome!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

I’m also new here. Nice to meet you too. =)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

Hi guys. I got into adventure games through my son and am now hooked! Now looking forward to discovering new games and sharing stories Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Boris14 - 21 January 2016 03:28 PM

Hi guys. I got into adventure games through my son and am now hooked! Now looking forward to discovering new games and sharing stories Smile

Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the genre!

What are the games that did it for you?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-02-10

PM

Hi,

My name is Robert Chappell. I am from London, UK. I like to say hello to all members.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hello Robert. Welcome to the forums. I hope you’ll have good times here.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-02-15

PM

Hello eveyrybody. I am SirCritic. I am a bit new to adventure games. I only actually started playing them about 2 years ago. so I decided to join this website so I could learn more about them and see what other interesting games are out there.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome! Thumbs Up

Which games did you start with? Which games did you enjoy immensely?

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Haven’t seen this thread before, sorry.

So hello, I’m from Hungary. I’ve played a lot of computer games since I was 6 up until my early twenties (and point & click games were among my favorites), but after that it just kind of slipped away. I played a few games here and there, but I mostly started to rediscover the hobby last year (I think Limbo was the turning point).
My favorites from the past are Broken Sword 1, Shadow of the Comet, Sanitarium, the Gobliiins series, Simon 1, Monkey Island 3…
Nice to meet you all. Smile

And thanks for everyone contributing to the discount thread, you’re very helpful, guys!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-02-26

PM

Hello guys,

I’m from Northern Germany and I love playing adventure games since I was a little kid - so I played (most of) the classics (Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Sam&Max;...), but I am into modern adventure games as well: The “dark eye” games from daedalic, the Blackwell series (damn those are good!) and many more. At the moment, I am absolutely hyped for “Shardlight”.

As a hobby, I make games by myself. The newest one, called “Writers”, is actually the reason I got to know these forums and decided to join them.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-03-02

PM

Hi the AdventureGamers community,

I’m Sam Oz, a French composer, I worked a few years for Ubisoft (Valiant Heart, Child of Light, The Division…), and today I want to work in the world of independent video games for more freedom Wink

I like very much adventure games, like Litlle Big Adventure (especially the second episode - my favourite game), and I hope to see on this site a lot of news regarding adventure games !

I compose different styles of music, classical, heroic, pop rock, metal, ethnic, retro, Electro, etc…

You can to find some some examples of my compositions :

Video Games :

- Valiant Hearts:

- Child of Light :

- The Division :

- Yonder :

- My Last Friday :

Animation :

- Celles et Ceux des Cimes et Cieux (Gwenn Germain’s movie) :

- Souvenirs de saisons :

Tribute to GHIBLI :

- From Up On Poppy Hill (Kokuriko Zaka Kara) :