• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Witness - terrible performance

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Has anyone else had trouble getting the Witness to run okay? I’ve been asking on the tech support steam page, but the guy says it should be running fine, and none of the things he’s asked me to try have helped.

I’m using Windows 8.1 with an i3-4030 processor. I’ve turned down all the in-game graphics settings to minimum, update my graphics card, and defragged my computer.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

desiderio59 - 10 December 2016 05:36 AM

Has anyone else had trouble getting the Witness to run okay? I’ve been asking on the tech support steam page, but the guy says it should be running fine, and none of the things he’s asked me to try have helped.

I’m using Windows 8.1 with an i3-4030 processor. I’ve turned down all the in-game graphics settings to minimum, update my graphics card, and defragged my computer.

The first thing to check is that your video card is up to specs.

The GOG page says
Minimum system requirements Graphics: Intel HD 4000 series

Recommended system requirements
Graphics: GeForce 780

If you’ve got reasonably recent Geforce or ATi/AMD it shouldn’t be a problem, but I doubt the HD 4000 will play it very well.

One way to find out what video card you’ve got, right click the start menu and select “Device Manager

Once that pops up click the little arrow next to “Display adapters
And that’s your video card.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Under “Display adapters” it says “Intel(R) HD Graphics Family”.

But further down under “Processors” it lists “Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz” four times.

Are they related? Do I need to update them separately?

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

desiderio59 - 10 December 2016 01:53 PM

Under “Display adapters” it says “Intel(R) HD Graphics Family”.

But further down under “Processors” it lists “Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz” four times.

Are they related? Do I need to update them separately?

The display adapter AKA the GPU is what is in charge of running graphics (This is what you need to worry about).

The CPU or Central Processing Unit, does just that processes things (and the i3 is a good one).

Is this a laptop, or a desktop?
If you’ve got a desktop, you should be able to get a new GPU that will run the game fine.

But if you’ve got a laptop, well.. Your out of luck.

Edit
Based on the type of cpu you have I’d guess it’s a laptop with a Intel HD Graphics 4400, so all you can really do is set the game to the lowest settings.

Sorry about that.

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Forgot to say, thanks for helping. I guess I’ll play it some time in the future when I get a new PC.

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

desiderio59 - 25 January 2017 09:59 AM

Forgot to say, thanks for helping. I guess I’ll play it some time in the future when I get a new PC.

Not a problem, I’m sorry it couldn’t be an easy fix.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Upgrade to windows 10. It’s quicker. But I think your pc is just not fast enough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top