• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

3rd person point and click Adventure game like SYBERIA

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 04 May 2021 10:50 PM

And, to the best of my knowledge, the playthrough participants, of which you were not one, found the experience enjoyable.

Well, I certainly didn’t enjoy it. In fact it was the only time I had to abort a playthrough because I hated the game so much. I think Blubba’s description of Post Mortem as an endurance test is spot-on.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well Bubba never played the AGCPT, so I’m not sure how much credence I would give to his opinion. And since you, by choice, didn’t finish it, I’m not sure how much credence your opinion has value.

It is not a perfect game by any stretch. But enjoyable if you can forgive the small shortcomings.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

rtrooney - 07 May 2021 08:43 PM

Well Bubba never played the AGCPT, so I’m not sure how much credence I would give to his opinion. And since you, by choice, didn’t finish it, I’m not sure how much credence your opinion has value.

It is not a perfect game by any stretch. But enjoyable if you can forgive the small shortcomings.

I played Post Mortem and Still Life. I liked Still Life a lot. I tried very hard to enjoy Post Mortem. It began promisingly enough, but ran out of steam real quick for me. I finish almost every game I play, but I tried Post Mortem twice, hoping it was just ‘the wrong mood’ last time, and both times I stopped playing because I was bored and thought the design was rough and the puzzles were poor.
I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I hope everyone else in the whole world who ever plays it does. That’d be great. But, I don’t think it’s very good.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I played Post Mortem and Still Life. Post Mortem was the first I played, and from what I remember it held my attention throughout. Still Life was next.. and aside from the cookie puzzles seemed like a run-of-the-mill “thriller” movie which bored me to tears. I think I used a walkthrough to get through most of it, just to not waste my time. Still Life 2 I think I started and abandoned within an hour.

So my opinion of the trilogy is a huge shrug and certainly not Microids’ finest hour.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I don’t remember playing a lot of other games from Microids. What would you say is their finest hour(s)?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Syberia 1 and 2 by far.

Kinda obvious, I know.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 08 May 2021 12:09 PM

Syberia 1 and 2 by far.

Kinda obvious, I know.

Heart

Haha, durrhhh! Because I think those were published by The Adventure Company (I think?) I kind of associated them with them. But yes, those games are *wonderful*! They’d be the finest hour for most companies, I think.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Baron_Blubba - 08 May 2021 12:54 PM

Syberia 1 and 2 by far.

Kinda obvious, I know.

Heart

Haha, durrhhh! Because I think those were published by The Adventure Company (I think?) I kind of associated them with them. But yes, those games are *wonderful*! They’d be the finest hour for most companies, I think.

“Syberia is a graphic adventure game, developed and published by Microïds, and released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, and Xbox on 9 January 2002”

Now in North America they were published by TAC. But still developed by Microids.

Heart  Heart  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Baron_Blubba - 08 May 2021 12:54 PM

Syberia 1 and 2 by far.

Kinda obvious, I know.

Heart

Both! Syberia 1&2 were developed by Microids and published/distributed by The Adventure Company. I would also add Amerzone as a worthwhile Microids-developed game. (Also published by TAC.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Baron_Blubba - 08 May 2021 12:04 PM

I don’t remember playing a lot of other games from Microids. What would you say is their finest hour(s)?

Aside from Syberia, the only other game I would recommend is Sinking Island. I had a lot of hesitation playing it, but it really does nail the detective game. As far as I’m concerned it deserves all the recognition that Still Life got instead.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It also was played as a AGCPT. I recall this being one of my favorite playthroughs. A lot of people missed a lot of things. But, as a group, we all found solutions to our individual problems. There was also great discussion about what each character deserved as the game ended. Great playthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top