• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiefurgotten

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Started Telltale’s Batman series yesterday. Enjoying it, but I’m already at episode 4. What’s up with that?? The episodes feel much shorter than any previous Telltale series. And much easier.
But oh well it’s still pretty good.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

BitingWit - 20 May 2017 05:45 PM
wilco - 20 May 2017 05:43 PM

If I remember correctly that is the more action-oriented part, there however some typical QTE-heavy parts and some annoying (but easy) stealth parts. But I think it’s all skippable if you don’t want to deal with them.

Actually I don’t think it is. I had a lot of trouble with that part in the video and also the timed sequences in the 4th case in the Mayan temple.

You’re probably right, was jumping through a playthrough and seems like I don’t remember much about the game…

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 May 2017 05:34 PM

The investigation is definitely the biggest part of the game, but there are a few action sequences.

In what I’ve played so far, this is the most action-y the game gets. (No spoilers in the video; the intro for case 1 shows that bit, though you only get to play it near the end of the case. Well, don’t watch more than 3 minutes or so further than the point I linked to to avoid spoilers.)

You can see the game is pretty generous (the let’s-player is making lots of mistakes and yet not getting killed), but the sequence is definitely more action-y, and much longer, than what you’d get in, say, your typical Telltale game.

I’ll let you figure out if that’s too much for you.

That’s perfect, thanks.  John Hamm is quite resilient but I’ll skip it for now.

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

I finally started playing dreamfall chapters, it’s been waiting in my steam library for over a year now and for some reason i always have been putting it off, until now.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I recently received my dvd copy of Obduction and am playing it for the second time now.  It’s absolutely gorgeous and an excellent game.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Dara100 - 24 May 2017 07:53 PM

I recently received my dvd copy of Obduction and am playing it for the second time now.  It’s absolutely gorgeous and an excellent game.

Any idea whether it’s more stable now? I tried it shortly after release and couldn’t get past the intro without it crashing…

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Phlebas,  it is perfectly stable on my machine, although the first one I played from download was as well.  I do notice a few tweaks such as VR settings and the load times seem shorter.

I upgraded my machine expressly for Obduction with a new video card and it makes quite a difference from playing with integrated graphics.  Things seem almost like 3D .

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Four last things, in my opinion one of the hidden gems of this year. Beautiful backgrounds done in the style of the paintings from the reinnesance period, stunning to look at. Story is fun, not gonna say too much, just that it is about 7 deadly sins. Recommend the game to everyone cuz it really feels unique.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Nice that game looks great.  Gonna check it out

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing To the Moon.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Replaying Firewatch making different choices, good shit…one of best written games
Fuck Delilah
Fuck indeed

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Currentlu playing Thr Journey Down chapters 1 & 2. These games are severely underrated.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am player Kelvin and i am surprised; 1st because i was sure the game didnt have voive acting and it turned out it does, 2nd for nicely it is for someone who wants to relax from intense puzzling adventures but still playing somthing that respects the mind and has some nice catches with its puzzles.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Playing Conarium the recent release from Zoetrope Interactive. Not bad so far, reminds me of a combination of their two Darkness Within’s game play.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

GreyFuss - 09 June 2017 08:47 PM

Playing Conarium the recent release from Zoetrope Interactive. Not bad so far, reminds me of a combination of their two Darkness Within’s game play.

How scary is it? The trailer looked really creepy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top