• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Undying Dusk : an adventure game in PDF form (free)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2021-04-24

PM

I have just released an adventure game I have been working for the past year:

This is a video game in PDF format,
with a gameplay based on exploration and logic puzzles,
in the tradition of dungeon crawlers.

If your curious about it, check out https://lucas-c.itch.io/undying-dusk

Total Posts: 839

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

This looks very interesting—I’m going to download it! Thank you very much for what looks like it must have been a tremendous effort, and congratulations on completing it and getting it out there. Looking forward to playing.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 839

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Baron_Blubba - 24 April 2021 09:06 PM

This looks very interesting—I’m going to download it! Thank you very much for what looks like it must have been a tremendous effort, and congratulations on completing it and getting it out there. Looking forward to playing.

Okay, this looked so cool that even though I wasn’t planning on playing it for a couple of days still, I downloaded it and dived right in. And I was right: This is so cool. Such a clever idea, it’s basically a *huge* choose your own adventure book, with hundreds of thousands of pages (I think?) that each correspond to a different ‘tile’ in the game world. So clever. Great artwork.

Having to open a webpage to change music in each scene is a little clumsy, so I’m not sure I’m going to keep that up all the time, but otherwise, man, top notch! Love the rewind feature!

I’ve only been in one fight so far, so have not figured out how combat works. Looking forward to playing more later.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2021-04-24

PM

it must have been a tremendous effort, and congratulations on completing it and getting it out there.

Thanks a lot. You are right, an it means a lot to me to get this kind of enthusiastic feedback!

Such a clever idea, it’s basically a *huge* choose your own adventure book, with hundreds of thousands of pages (I think?) that each correspond to a different ‘tile’ in the game world.

Exactly!

Having to open a webpage to change music in each scene is a little clumsy, so I’m not sure I’m going to keep that up all the time

I understand, it’s definitively not the best game in terms of ergonomics, due to the constraint of it being a PDF.

I’ve only been in one fight so far, so have not figured out how combat works. Looking forward to playing more later.

I hope you’ll like it enough to play a bit further!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-07-23

PM

Congratulations! It looks really good! For those who might not know, the original Adventure by Crowther and Woods has an important place in computer game history. It is not only considered the first adventure game but also the ancestor of interactive fiction, point-and-click games, action adventures, and even massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Adventure is often defined in terms of categories that did not exist at the time of its making. The concept of video games as the cultural institution we know today was alien to its authors. Nevertheless, sometimes people look for places like https://pdfliner.com/how-to-draw-on-a-pdf in order to improve their drawing abilities.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top