• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Puzzles that could ve been adjusted

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i had put the new LSL on halt the last 2 months after playing almost 80% of it, and was convinced of how great it is, but now afer finishing it, i find that bc the maze part and the last i ve changed my mind, as now i can say it could never be given more than 4/5 at best.

i am not to speak of the maze part more than the idea itself wasn’t that great to be over done like three times in one segment, maybe if it was given at different episodes thru the game, it might have been acceptable, but that way it had me looking for a walkthrough without feeling any guilt, as way just to skip it fast, and when this happens i figure out how bad the design really is.

the groundhog day part at the end being complicated is only for padding the game more i guess, plus the puzzles there are not convenient at all, i think the magic marker puzzle should ve been adjusted to the idea of it being transformed/disguised into a sex toy and left in that box inside the bedroom for later use, but burning and cutting the other toys is just so stupid.

i have came across many puzzles before at different adventures that could ve been a bit different than they were for their sake, so i throw this thread here for anyone having any similar thoughts about any.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The puzzle near/at the end of Broken Age. The one with the weaver and the patterns. It had all the elements, but the whole sequence was implemented in an overly strict and haphazardly fashion. That combination is kind of impressive. Unfortunately, the puzzle was not.

It had the basic structure of one of those great LucasArts mind-bogglers, where you can piece together the solution by lateral thinking, after interacting with the puzzle and the items you have at your disposal.

I think this is one of those moments you get in adventure gaming, where you get the hints, the puzzle structure and the solution - but something in the design grinds you to a halt.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 February 2021 05:20 AM

The puzzle near/at the end of Broken Age. The one with the weaver and the patterns. It had all the elements, but the whole sequence was implemented in an overly strict and haphazardly fashion. That combination is kind of impressive. Unfortunately, the puzzle was not.

It had the basic structure of one of those great LucasArts mind-bogglers, where you can piece together the solution by lateral thinking, after interacting with the puzzle and the items you have at your disposal.

I think this is one of those moments you get in adventure gaming, where you get the hints, the puzzle structure and the solution - but something in the design grinds you to a halt.

The second part of Broken Age, puzzle wise, sucked. The puzzles were just plain bad, u h harder than part one. I’ve played part one many times, part 2 poly once. Gnat was enough for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top