• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SimplexTimovieManVegetable Party

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nancy Drew adventure related game recommandations

Total Posts: 2644

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Spirit Hunter Series - (macabre paranormal mystery series, kind of like a dark & messed up version of Blackwell because you rescue spirits, avoid if you dislike disturbing content)

I have both of them. VERY adult material. Rated M for erotic and grizzly images.

Lamplight City (haven’t actually played this one but it looks good, worth checking out)

I’ve played it. A quite good Steampunk detective game. It’s pretty easy and has lots of interesting characters to interact with.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.

Total Posts: 890

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

PlanetX - 15 April 2021 08:25 AM

Hotel Dusk & The Last Window - (hard boiled detective games, required NDS to play)

Jenny LeClue Detectivu - (incredibly charming Nancy Drew-ish cast of characters & mystery, puzzle challenge is mild but a great game)

Ace Attorney Series - (classic mystery adventure series, court battle puzzle mechanics, must play)

Ace Investigations Series - (spinoff of ace attorney, more detective mechanics, requires NDS)

Touch Detective Series - (cute and fun mystery adventures, not mind blowing but very charming, on NDS and mobile devices)

Blacksad Under The Skin - (anthropomorphic detective mystery, light puzzles via combining clues to make deductions, was buggy at launch so be warned)

Another Code Series - (emotional mystery stories w/ science fiction elements, personal favorites of mine by same dev as Hotel Dusk, requires NDS & Wii to play)

AI: The Somnium Files - (Mind bending detective mystery, inventive puzzle mechanic where you enter suspects dreams, fantastic game)

Titanic Adventure Out of Time - (spy/detective mystery where the main character travels back in time to undo his failed mission, really cool game, solid puzzle challenge)

Ghost Trick Phantom Detective - (masterpiece game from Shu Takumi, creator of the Ace Attorney series, available on NDS and mobile devices)

Professor Layton Series (I actually haven’t played these since it’s mostly independent logic puzzles & riddles rather than narrative driven problem solving. Still many people enjoy this series so it’s worth checking out)

Detective Grimoire & Tangle Tower - (very well crafted & entertaining detective mysteries, challenge is light to moderate but the puzzles are extremely fun and the games ooze personality)

Spirit Hunter Series - (macabre paranormal mystery series, kind of like a dark & messed up version of Blackwell because you rescue spirits, avoid if you dislike disturbing content)

Are these point and click though? I haven’t played all of them, but that’s what Rookie was looking for.

Total Posts: 243

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Luhr28 - 15 April 2021 08:50 PM

Are these point and click though? I haven’t played all of them, but that’s what Rookie was looking for.

Everything except Blacksad, Colonel’s Bequest and Jenny LeClue are, yeah. Titanic is kind of in-between. If the primary concern with Gone Home was lack of characters and gameplay depth, though, I’ll assume there’s some leeway on the controls.

Total Posts: 243

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Another one is the Darkside Detective series, the 2nd game came out just yesterday and it looks good so long as you don’t mind the very retro style.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top