• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Indeed it is Tim Smile

Thanks Lady!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 07 February 2015 05:30 PM

I thought we argue about everything...

Wanna argue about what we argue about??? Tongue Grin Naughty

Mostly about how many pixels you need for good graphics, I think. Wink

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-02-20

PM

Hi,

my name is Kaitlyn and I’m also new here Smile I love adventure games and have played Syberia, Monkey Island and Broken Sword, among others. Apart from PC games I also enjoy playing competitive sports, writing, reading, blogging and fashion.

At the moment I am also quite busy creating a own fashion blog. I had one a while back and managed to get quite a few readers at the peak but somehow I couln’t really keep the success going and also had too little time for the blog, so I closed it after a while. Of course I hope that this second attempt will be more successful.

Happy to be here and to have found this nice adventure gaming community Smile

Best regards,
Kaitlyn

Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddently you are doing the impossible.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome Kaitlyn! I hope you enjpoy your stay here.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome, Kaitlyn!
You sure came to the right place if you liked playing Syberia, Monkey Island and Broken Sword. Plenty more where those came from!

What sports do you play?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 25 February 2015 06:21 AM

Welcome, Kaitlyn!
You sure came to the right place if you liked playing Syberia, Monkey Island and Broken Sword. Plenty more where those came from!

What sports do you play?

Sports, pah! The important question is: where is your fashion blog?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-02-20

PM

Thanks tsa and Tim for the nice welcome!

I’m on my school’s varsity team for volleyball and athletics, mainly focusing on high jump and I’m also a substitute goalie on my soccer team. I’m quite tall for being a girl so that really helps in sports Grin

My fashion blog is still in the making, a friend is helping me with the more technical stuff and I hope to get it ready in three or four weeks. Once it is online, maybe I can introduce the blog here if that is ok. It will be based in my home town and the concept is just looking for random people who have a cool fashion style and asking them if I can take pictures and interview them on their sense of fashion, favourite brands and fashion advice. I also want to do some short video interviews.

It’s a very simple concept, but I’m still a bit nervous how people will react if I ask them for picutes and an interview. But usually I’m very outgoing, so talking to random people is not so much of a problem for me and the interviews will give he blog more of a personal touch Smile

Also if you know a good introduction book or video for wordpress and web dev let me know Smile

Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddently you are doing the impossible.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

“That’s the stupidest name I’ve ever heard.”

He says to fresh air as the poster seems to have been deleted.

Laughing

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Hello, AG community!

My name is Lucija and I’m a long time AG site lurker, who never managed to find time to comment on forums. I like to write several paragraphs long elegies about games, but due to my workload (I work as a tech and video game journalist in several Croatian magazines) I can only squeeze in couple of days in a week for commenting. Currently, I have more free time, so why not spend it on forums, talking about my favourite genre/games, eh?

I also see forums as a way to keep up with all relevant discussions on genre and quirky adventure games made by members.

Monkey Island 3 ignited my adventure infatuation 15 years ago, when I witnessed a true community playthrough session. Several children aged from 7 - 15 gathered round at my parents’ friends house, collectively trying to figure out the banjo puzzle. It was hilarious, as much (or more) as the game’s script. I never seen a game that’s not action oriented before and I never thought of games as a medium that can deliver engaging stories. Although there are shining examples (MGS, ICO) outside of genre, I still think that adventure games are light-years away from other genre games in terms of script/story quality. And they are slow games, which means I don’t feel pressured to do something (kill hundreds of enemies in 5 minutes). Instead, I feel relaxed and lighthearted.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hi lucebend, we all that lurker, aren’t we, i lurked here for ten years, until i decided to show my face, but to tell the truth i was never interested into the forums, until i joined in..
anyways

Welcome here, i hope you enjoy it.

lucebend - 18 April 2015 07:19 PM

I still think that adventure games are light-years away from other genre games in terms of script/story quality. And they are slow games, which means I don’t feel pressured to do something (kill hundreds of enemies in 5 minutes). Instead, I feel relaxed and lighthearted.

Nicely said!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

lucebend - 18 April 2015 07:19 PM

Monkey Island 3 ignited my adventure infatuation

The magic words! A pirate you were meant to be! Cool

Welcome!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Thank you! I hope I’ll have the time to stick around and comment frequently. Smile

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Greetings,

I’m a longtime adventure fan - from back in the Zork days through Monkey Island and into the Telltale era. I’ve tinkered with the old Adventure Game Toolkit, Inform, and dabbled in Twine and Inkle. I’ve also been lead developer on a text-based multiplayer game called OtherSpace since 1998: http://otherspace.enjin.com

These days, though, I’m a lead dev on an indie adventure game called Knee Deep that’s up for consideration on Steam Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422321748

We plan to launch Act 1 in June.

In my spare time, I read books, enjoy movies, and play WoW, Civ V, and, of course, adventure games like Wolf Among Us, Kentucky Route Zero, and Life is Strange. Hoping to discover some new favorites here!

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome here Brody!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hi, Brody, and welcome!
Always nice to have some more devs around! Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top