• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The pet thread

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Poor Annabel! Hope she recovers fully soon. She’s such a sweet rabbit!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 20 January 2015 03:23 PM

Poor Annabel! Hope she recovers fully soon. She’s such a sweet rabbit!

It looks like she will make it Jelena Smile. And I talked to my doctor today and she said that I don’t have to be afraid of the parasite. Almost all healthy people are perfectly resistant to it.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2015-02-05

PM

Is this thread still open to mention your favorite pet? 

If so, I am a ferret person through and through.  I’ve had cats and dogs in my life.  Even a gerbil once (never again).  But after having ferrets, I’ll never go back to any other critter having a place in my home or heart forever.

One mean, green-eyed fitch.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Show us a picture!
Here are Klaas and Annabel watching a horror movie:

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

That’s such a funny picture! Grin
The sweetest rabbits I’ve ever seen.

Lazy Bee

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 09 February 2015 04:24 PM

Thank you Jelena.

Although Annabel has improved greatly from the medication she has not completely gone back to her old self. Although she can clean herself quite well now and she sometimes even runs through the house at low speed, it hurts her when you stroke her back and especially her hips, and she still can not clean her right ear with her front paws. She tries sometimes but you can see and hear that that hurts her a lot. I will take her to the vet again next Friday, but I’m afraid he will tell me that there is nothing more he can do and that we will just have to deal with her condition like it is. I don’t think she will make it through the year. I feel quite sad to see her like this. Luckily she’s still often happy and inquisitive and even playful, and as long as that is still there her life is worth living.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

tsa - 09 February 2015 05:31 PM
Jelena - 09 February 2015 04:24 PM

Thank you Jelena.

Although Annabel has improved greatly from the medication she has not completely gone back to her old self. Although she can clean herself quite well now and she sometimes even runs through the house at low speed, it hurts her when you stroke her back and especially her hips, and she still can not clean her right ear with her front paws. She tries sometimes but you can see and hear that that hurts her a lot. I will take her to the vet again next Friday, but I’m afraid he will tell me that there is nothing more he can do and that we will just have to deal with her condition like it is. I don’t think she will make it through the year. I feel quite sad to see her like this. Luckily she’s still often happy and inquisitive and even playful, and as long as that is still there her life is worth living.

I’m really sorry about Annabel Frown She looks like such a sweet and lovely rabbit. I really hope she feels better.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

tsa - 09 February 2015 05:31 PM

Thank you Jelena.

Oh, that’s sad news tsa. Embarassed She truly is a special little rabbit.  But I guess that’s life with pets. Just give her the best days (as you always do) she possibly can have.
Jaffa is also getting older and now pretty much blind. It’s difficult to tell how bad it is since she sometimes moves around without problem and sometimes walk into furniture or fall down the stairs.  Embarassed She’s become quite the old lady and wants to go to bed early and gets annoyed if we change routines. My brother in law with family is getting a puppy this spring. Hopefully it’ll cheer Jaffa up a bit. My guess though is that she’ll find it utterly annoying and go hide.

Lazy Bee

Joined 2015-02-05

PM

I have to say I’m terrible at posting images.  I’ve got one on my profile page, and it’s the avatar I attempted (sadly, unsuccessfully) to resize to work here.  The image is one of my past pets, Duchess, and she was an all around perfect ferret in regards of health/coat, temperament, and habits.  She lived to be nearly 10 years old.  In human years it would be like living to 125, I suppose.

Currently, I don’t have any.  With all the activities my two children &i are involved with and a lack of space, I would find it difficult to provide ample time with one.  When I finally do bring them back into my life, I’ll probably have up to four of them.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

To add pictures you need to host them somewhere. Photobucket is the place I usually use : http://photobucket.com/

Once you add a picture to photo bucket, you will take the URL of that picture, and in your post, put the URL between

[img] [/img] 

tags.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

White paws, awwww

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

tsa -

]

I hate to hear about Annabel, my heart breaks for you…........... at least for now she is able to be happy. Sending hugs for you and Annabel Heart

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Thanks Bullsie! The vet said I can give her the meds for another four weeks so I do that now. Annabel has finally realized that protesting doesn’t work and that she just has to drink it. She really hates the stuff: when I start shaking the bottle she runs through her cage and stamps on the floor. But although her condition varies quite a bit from one day to the next, overall she is still improving so she will have to keep drinking the stuff for the next few weeks.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Feeling terrible, my cat died today, hard to cope.

Really heart broken.

Joined 2015-02-05

PM

My condolences.  I myself lost my Aunt last Thursday. 
Whether it’s a beloved pet or family, the loss is real.  I’m a firm believer in the ability of Time to heal all.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top