• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TimovieMan is in the well!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 09 November 2014 09:21 PM
Karlok - 09 November 2014 03:53 AM
nomadsoul - 08 November 2014 10:29 PM

1. Whats your worst fear in life?
2. Any awkward secret in your life that you haven’t shared with your family?
  Or shared only with your family and not with others, share that one.

I have only one question for you.
1. What is wrong with you?

Read research papers for Cognitive science, Moral and Emotional decision making Tests.

These are pretty normal questions to gauge morality amongst other things.

Affairs and secrets are rampant and as normal as they come.
What was so tabboo for you lol?

Just try different, most of you asking questions which Tim would reply anyway without
this whole well thing.

You haven’t answered my question.

EDIT. Meaning: Why do YOU want to know other people’s secrets?

And your “pretty normal questions to gauge morality” in Moral and Emotional Decision-Making Tests make me laugh. Gauge morality, for Pete’s sake! How many people, in your opinion, would truthfully answer those questions in a test?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

In an online forum, no less.
And the well thing works only up to a point of course. If I would ask Timovieman about his creditcard nr and its PIN, I don’t think it very likely I would get them.

Oh but I have a nice question for you. What colour will Zwarte Piet have in Belgium this year? Wink

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

tsa - 10 November 2014 03:43 PM

In an online forum, no less.
And the well thing works only up to a point of course. If I would ask Timovieman about his creditcard nr and its PIN, I don’t think it very likely I would get them.

He would not? Sheesh. Nomadsoul is right, this is exactly the type of question to gauge someone’s morality. 

Oh but I have a nice question for you. What colour will Zwarte Piet have in Belgium this year? Wink

Ha, I know the answer to that one! Zwarte Piet will stay zwart.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 10 November 2014 01:07 AM
nomadsoul - 09 November 2014 09:21 PM
Karlok - 09 November 2014 03:53 AM
nomadsoul - 08 November 2014 10:29 PM

1. Whats your worst fear in life?
2. Any awkward secret in your life that you haven’t shared with your family?
  Or shared only with your family and not with others, share that one.

I have only one question for you.
1. What is wrong with you?

Read research papers for Cognitive science, Moral and Emotional decision making Tests.

These are pretty normal questions to gauge morality amongst other things.

Affairs and secrets are rampant and as normal as they come.
What was so tabboo for you lol?

Just try different, most of you asking questions which Tim would reply anyway without
this whole well thing.

You haven’t answered my question.

EDIT. Meaning: Why do YOU want to know other people’s secrets?

And your “pretty normal questions to gauge morality” in Moral and Emotional Decision-Making Tests make me laugh. Gauge morality, for Pete’s sake! How many people, in your opinion, would truthfully answer those questions in a test?

@karlok

I have spent hours on retail outlets in my student life taking surveys, so i know
how many people answer them correctly, Surveys and questionnaires are never correct
way to gauge things , let alone emotions, which people hide even more.

It was fun to ask, just making conversation and doing better than simple ass questions, nothing too deep, get over it.

So, spare me your sense of humor, i am not in the well.

@Tim

Reaction of people like karlok is exactly the reason why it was preferable to stick to PM.

See now Tim Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Black. Because anything else (like soot) is just crazy.

Oh, and you’re right. You wouldn’t get my credit card number and PIN. Wink

I have a slight touch of paranoia in me. That’s another thing that’s wrong with me. Grin

nomadsoul - 10 November 2014 07:14 PM

Reaction of people like karlok is exactly the reason why it was preferable to stick to PM.

But sticking to PM would mean you were asking ME these questions, not shouting them down the well… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Just making conversation…
Get over it…
Spare me your sense of humor…
And to top it off you’re taking the secret taboo questions to PM… LOL!

What the .... is wrong with you. Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 10 November 2014 07:25 PM

Black. Because anything else (like soot) is just crazy.

Oh, and you’re right. You wouldn’t get my credit card number and PIN. Wink

I have a slight touch of paranoia in me. That’s another thing that’s wrong with me. Grin

nomadsoul - 10 November 2014 07:14 PM

But sticking to PM would mean you were asking ME these questions, not shouting them down the well… Wink

I don’t like being talked about in this way by you and him. Time to get out of your stupid well.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 10 November 2014 07:43 PM

I don’t like being talked about in this way by you and him. Time to get out of your stupid well.

I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about nomadsoul’s first list of questions that he sent in PM instead of posting here (the ones I answered here anyway).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nomadsoul used me to bond with you and you let him.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Pity about the credit card thing. It was worth a try.
And about Piet: soot isn’t that bad, because Piet has to go through the chimney after all. But Gouda cheese Piets and stroopwafel Piets, brrr…
Which brings me to another question: how do you deal with the normal things of life in the well, like, eating, toileting, sleeping and staying in shape?
And BTW: yours must be the first and only well in the world with Internet!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 10 November 2014 10:48 PM

And about Piet: soot isn’t that bad, because Piet has to go through the chimney after all.

Yeah, but he was black BEFORE he went through the chimney…

But Gouda cheese Piets and stroopwafel Piets, brrr…

Which brings me to another question: how do you deal with the normal things of life in the well, like, eating, toileting, sleeping and staying in shape?
And BTW: yours must be the first and only well in the world with Internet!

I’ll let you in on a little secret:

The well is virtual, not physical. I’m actually sitting comfortably at home right now. Wink

Ha, you didn’t expect that, did you? Crazy

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 11 November 2014 07:51 AM

I’ll let you in on a little secret:

The well is virtual, not physical. I’m actually sitting comfortably at home right now. Wink

Ha, you didn’t expect that, did you? Crazy

That’s mean! You tricked us all the time! Not fair!  Embarassed

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’m really sorry if I offend anyone (that’s definitely not my intention), but looking up Zwarte Piet as I had no clue what that was, isn’t it a little too racist for the current day?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That is what the discussion is about. There is no definite answer to that but the judge decided Zwarte Piet is racist and he looks too much like the black slaves from the Dutch Golden Age and later. Of course this is the best way to make sure ZP stays the same. Today’s Sinterklaas news (the first episode of this year) showed Sinterklaas on his steam ship on its way to Gouda, the Netherlands, saying that everything has to stay ‘gezellig’ and Piet will not change.

That’s all OK but the discussion has gotten way out of hand, with the different factions threathening each other with death and the appearence of ‘schietpieten’ with hidden guns walking around during Sint’s arrival in Gouda later this month.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The whole Zwarte Piet discussion in the Netherlands is being watched with great bemusement here.

The whole tradition is intended for very young children who don’t even get the possible racial undertones. There are limits to political correctness, imo. Changing this tradition is just daft.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top